MooNiNite

Cats feel like chakras when they purr

My cat comes and sits on my stomach and purrs...makes me feel like i'm a meditation master!

Apparently no one actually knows why they purr. But the frequency of there purrs are a consistent pattern and frequency between 25 and 150 Hertz, which is noted to promote the healing of bones. 

• Like 1

Interesting, about the promoting the healing of bones.  My cat jumps from tall fences and I do worry about how hard she lands sometimes.  Maybe the purr is the body's way of healing their hairline fractures, or something.  Fodder for thought.

When my kitty wakes me up in the morning, on my chest purring because she's ready for the Meow Mix - I like to purr back at her.  Just a low rumbling sound in the back of my throat does it - and she just loves it.  She keeps rubbing her head up against mine so hard, it's like she's trying to get in there.

What incredibly subtle and wonderful animals they are.  Oh.  And the gifts they bring!  How could we live without them??

Edited by manitou
  • Like 2

I've started given people forehead cat hugs sometimes

It means your ajnas touch so not with stranger cats

Do you rub your head up real hard against theirs, like my kitty does mine, lol?  Try making that little sound in the back of your throat when you hug people.  You might get interesting reactions..... :wacko:

Once I was watching a neighbor's cat, and it came and sat on my arm and purred...I let it and thought that it felt kind of cool and was a sign that it liked me or something. But then I experienced numbness and tingling in that spot...like the cat had bad qi or else took mine from the area.

I've never been a fan of cats.

Interesting, about the promoting the healing of bones.  My cat jumps from tall fences and I do worry about how hard she lands sometimes.  Maybe the purr is the body's way of healing their hairline fractures, or something.  Fodder for thought.

When my kitty wakes me up in the morning, on my chest purring because she's ready for the Meow Mix - I like to purr back at her.  Just a low rumbling sound in the back of my throat does it - and she just loves it.  She keeps rubbing her head up against mine so hard, it's like she's trying to get in there.

What incredibly subtle and wonderful animals they are.  Oh.  And the gifts they bring!  How could we live without them??

Meow Mix :-) our cats used to love that stuff.

I find the purring extremely relaxing so perhaps it's a social thing to prevent aggression. If you pick up a small cat by the scruff of its neck it will go limp like a rag doll. This is how it's mother would carry it and so it won't offer any resistance. Don't try it with a heavy cat.

We used to get mice, rats, a live rabbit and a couple of pigeons and crows. Not so keen on ducks though. We had a nesting pair in our garden and the cats would pad round them, or even walk beside them, but showed no inclination to attack.

Starting to believe that cats are very spiritually aware and are always purring in order to stimulate their chakras, thus reaching higher states of conscious awareness. They only purr when they like people because they are in a state of deep relaxation around those people. 

My cat also just placed his hands in specific locations where my injuries are, at the same time while he was purring. Couldnt help but think maybe he is aware of them and trying to heal me. 

Talking of Cats, just slightly larger ones.... was once at a Zoo & standing at the wire fence taking photos of a young Tiger, through a zoom lens. Mum comes over, un-noticed by me & as I look up from the camera viewfinder, she roars in my Face. Apart from how loud it was,  I definitely felt a sort of Vibration right through my entire body. I was totally fixed to the spot, by a wave of dread / fear.

Very Powerful way of getting other Creatures to keep their distance from her Young Offspring.

:blush::wacko::blink: