JDN

Hello to the Dao Bums

I love the site.  I have done some work in Tai Chi and Qi Gong and am trying hard to understand Taoist meditation.

I'm struck by the similarities between Taoism, Buddhism, and many shamanistic traditions.  I was first struck by the up front description of how reality works in Tibetan Buddhism and worked my way to Taoism.  Tibetan Buddhism claims its wisdom came from over the mountains some 18,000 years ago so It is my belief that Siberian shamanism which worked its way to North America shares a lot with these traditions.  Also, I think it lends itself to pre-curser civilizations that fed wisdom to these traditions.

I have read Dawg's thread several times and am fascinated by his description.  I spent a very little time in a Thai forest Buddhist retreat just to try and learn their meditation.

I hope to contribute.

JDN

• Like 1

Hello JDN, and welcome to the forums!

Glad you found your way to us. I'm also fascinated by really ancient wisdom, partly because there's so little hard information on what our forebears actually thought.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TDB team