Sign in to follow this  
Orgasmic19

What do you guys think of the emerald tablets of thoth?

So what do you guys think of the emerald tablets of thoth and its spiritual importance as well as techniques he describes in the tablets? Any thoughts in general?

Edited by Orgasmic19

As far as I am aware there are 2 "Emerald Tablets of Thoth", there is the original archaic tablet/script that is only a few sentences long. 

Then there is a book/online PDF file named The Emerald Tablets of Thoth by "Doreal", which contains some supposed "channeled" knowledge from Thoth himself.

The first is definitely authentic and has some information that mirrors the beliefs of many other spiritual paths including Taoism, speaking of dualistic opposites, and microcosm/macrocosm etc...

The second one seems a little far fetched to me, and while it may provide some useful information or techniques, I doubt it is what the author claims it to be.

• Like 1

I agree with  Fr UFA about its import.  The 'general pattern' it outlines is everywhere applicable  ( well, in nature, maybe not in all the  strange twists and byways of the human mind  - like  " Doreal "  * )

* Who may have plagiarized his ides from H. P.  Lovecraft  -  

see   http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-emerald-tablets-of-thoth-a-lovecraftian-plagiarism

- for textual comparisons 

Mr Doreal was the one that had a secret tunnel under Mt Sashta In Cal.   :)

-  He was one of those post-Blavatsky wanna-be 'masters' communicators ... very early New Age stuff;

"In a 1946 interview with a reporter from the ROCKY MOUNTAIN NEWS, Doreal said, 'I had predicted atomic war years before it came. I saw atomic energy at work several years ago when the Dalai Lama of Tibet ushered me into the Great White Lodge 75 miles under the Himalayas.' (If by any chance this is true, he is probably referring to a tunnel 75 miles LONG - Branton) "In his writings, Doreal claimed to have visited many of the retreats of the Masters. In 'Mysteries of Mt. Shasta,' Doreal revealed that he was privileged to pay a visit 'in the flesh' to the Atlantean--not Lemurian, he wrote, as is commonly believed-- colony inside Mount Shasta. As he told it, while he was in Los Angeles delivering a series of occult lectures, two of the Shasta Masters walked up to him after one lecture and introduced themselves.

.... and so on  ;    http://1stmuse.com/maurice_doreal/

{ I love this bit  : 

The Atlanteans knew how to turn sand into gold, and how to make clothing by simply drawing a picture of the garment they desired; the drawing was placed in a 'projecto-scope' which displayed the actual garment on the screen. When it fell to the floor,

... good ol'  'space laundry ' - nothing like 'em ! 

28e8b935c1b4f32dc53de1d5678fb1a5.jpg

The first is definitely authentic and has some information that mirrors the beliefs of many other spiritual paths including Taoism, speaking of dualistic opposites, and microcosm/macrocosm etc...

Yes, exactly. It's a foundation stone of alchemy so elements shared with other brand of alchemy appear.

Perhaps we could read it an comment it in this thread ?

Lets maybe start with the text in latin, as it was used during the Renaissance when it became so influencial ? (The older versions are in Arabic, and before that Greek is plausible). This is pretty simple latin. I think even without any latin training someone who knows a romance language can read it.

The latin version and traductions are available everywhere, like on the wiki page for "Emerald Tablet"

• Like 1

As far as I am aware there are 2 "Emerald Tablets of Thoth", there is the original archaic tablet/script that is only a few sentences long. 

Then there is a book/online PDF file named The Emerald Tablets of Thoth by "Doreal", which contains some supposed "channeled" knowledge from Thoth himself.

The second one seems a little far fetched to me, and while it may provide some useful information or techniques, I doubt it is what the author claims it to be.

This. A lot of people confuse the two when the subject comes up. the original Emerald Tablet is a classic text on Hermetic philosophy, the more modern "Emerald Tablet of Thoth" is, I would guess from the parts of it I've bothered to read, most likely a fabrication.

The historic tablet is never labeled "of Thoth" but of "Hermes Trimegistus". I don't think anyone during the Renaissance was aware that Hermes was an interpretatio graeca of Thoth. And in the Corpus Hermeticum Tat and Hermes are different persons.

That's the first time I hear of this modern work. It's confusing, indeed.

• Like 1

The Atlanteans knew how to turn sand into gold, and how to make clothing by simply drawing a picture of the garment they desired; the drawing was placed in a 'projecto-scope' which displayed the actual garment on the screen. When it fell to the floor,

Sounds not so far off from our 3-D printers. Probably a true story.

8)

• Like 1

Arabic translation

A new translation bypassing the Latin has just been published by Nineveh Shadrach from the original Arabic of Book of Causes attributed to Apollonius of Tyana.[1]

• 1. It contains an accurate commentary that can't be doubted.
  • 2. It states: What is the above is from the below and the below is from the above. The work of wonders is from one.
  • 3. And all things sprang from this essence through a single projection. How marvelous is its work! It is the principle part of the world and its custodian.
  • 4. Its father is the sun and its mother is the moon. Thus the wind bore it within it and the earth nourished it.
  • 5. Father of talismans and keeper of wonders.
  • 6. Perfect in power that reveals the lights.
  • 7. It is a fire that became our earth. Separate the earth from the fire and you shall adhere more to that which is subtle than that which is coarse, through care and wisdom.
  • 8. It ascends from the earth to the heaven. It extracts the lights from the heights and descends to the earth containing the power of the above and the below for it is with the light of the lights. Therefore the darkness flees from it.
  • 9. The greatest power overcomes everything that is subtle and it penetrates all that is coarse.
  • 10. The formation of the microcosm is in accordance with the formation of the macrocosm.
  • 11. The scholars made this their path.
  • 12. This is why Thrice Hermes was exalted with wisdom.
  • 13. This is his last book that he hid in the catacomb.
  • Like 3

A man named drunvalo melchezidek wrote a book caled the secret of the flower of life and he claims to have studied with thoth after he visited him in the 70s or 80s to the 90s... his information is interesting but crazy and odd. Unbelievable at times.

I cant say if I can believe all of it.. but if I were too then it really sends me on spme journeys in my mind.

I have read thoth is a incarnation of a character from Atlantis. More so a immortal body that lived onto egypt. Then hermes in Greece. Then st germain. Anyone else ever read that?

Is the idea that an Atlantean named Thoth became immortal and 'lived on'  until Egypt appeared  ( "  that lived onto egypt. "  ? ? ? )  and then lived there, and then went to Greece and became Hermes ... and kept living through latter periods and became St Germain ? 

No,  I have never heard that.  Well, except for just now.

and this .... 

drunvalo melchezidek  :

" I am a close friend of his personal assistant for many years. She was fired by Drunvalo when she confronted him for misusing non-profit funds. A few weeks after her removal, Drunvalo forged her signature on a check and put more non-profit money into his own accounts. This came under FBI investigation, and may still be under investigation. [Tenen adds: I can verify this. I spoke with Melchizedek's wife of the time this incident occurred, and she confirmed this information independently. Also, because of our ongoing lawsuit against Mr. Daniel Winter, Cynthia and I were in communication with this personal assistant of Melchizedek's both just before, and just after, she left or was fired. Until I read this email, I did not know that the author of this personal statement knew these facts.]

Drunvalo is the type of man who claims that any legal actions against him are inspired by dark forces trying to keep the truth from being told. He is a dyed-in-the-wool conspiracist, believing that anyone who opposes him is an agent of dark forces.

It is odd that the man who says that there are no dark forces anymore, that Lucifer is abroad and is a good guy now, and that invites anyone of any type or motivation to delve deeply into his stolen teachings without concern for how they might use it, to claim that he is under suspicion, not for illegal acts, but for "trying to tell the truth "

http://www.hipforums.com/forum/topic/456066-drunvalo-melchizedek-is-a-fraud/

They are probably among the top three most spiritually important documents in western civilization.

The tablets do not mention any specific techniques. They describe a general pattern of the transmutation of consciousness and reality.

Can you explain this process that they describe?

Or perhaps provide a link?

Edited by MooNiNite

Sign in to follow this