SonOfTheGods

Get The Most Out Of Your MCO

This is an instruction you most likely have never heard of before:

The Governor and Conception Channels each start at the anus.

The first, runs from the anus, up the spine, and around the top of the head, to the upper lip.

This meridian is called Tum Mo.

The other meridian, known as Jen Mo, runs from the anus, up to the front of the body, to the lower lip.

You will hear some instruction on tucking in the tailbone when doing Standing Gongs.

When the tongue touches the palate, that is but one circuit connector - Ta-Chiao

The other circuit connector is the anus.

It must be slightly clenched, in order for the circuit to work at optimal operating potential.

"Clenching slightly", but not too restricted, or the energy will pool here, and we want a smooth flowing.

Some people, due to bad posture, misalignment of the spinal column, over weight, bloating, protruding/internal hemorrhoids, etc will have energy leakage from the area, especially when performing a deliberate- MCO routing gong - Hsiao Chou Tien

The anus is obviously a hole, and if it is not sealed correctly, it will not allow for full energy circulation.

Read more: http://lonemanpai.com/thread/877/most-mco-incorrectly#ixzz3mCRVoSqv

• Like 10

What if i like anal leakage? Does that prevent me from getting the full benefits?

Sorry, couldnt help it :).

I was going to mention that, but I'm glad you did instead lol.gif

When doing a seated MCO, especially, the energy leakage from the anus can be maximized.

So what do you recommend?  Do you squeeze the anus & perineum, or one and not the other?

Maybe you want to shift into talking about regulating the breathing and the coordination of the root area?

I was rather strict in my breathing/coordination with the root area for many years and I now find my perineum is always active.  I can only believe it is due to the earlier year practices.  

• Like 2

The lower magpie bridge is connected by flexing the anus. Sitting on chair for MCO is recommended by Yan Xin to sit on the edge of the chair so that the perineum is activated. Actually what's activated the nerves that Wang Liping details in his promotion of full lotus sitting which he says activates those key nerves. But anal flexing will activate the perineum to hold the energy up.

Quick Fire method is based on flexing the glutes - through standing active with thighs bent - and the deep fast reverse breathing causes a spike of adrenline which causes the energy to then flow up the spine.

This is detailed by Wim Hof actually in his tummo training.

The end result is then parasympathetic rebound which increases the alpha brain serotonin levels of the brain.

So MCO is just going straight into the parasympathetic rebound state by linking the brain and breath together.

It's just that the "real" MCO only works after the life force energy is stored up.

If you do the fake MCO correctly it builds into the real one.

Traditionally the MCO then at first requires doing 3 times more standing active exercise than sitting meditation.

• Like 1

So what do you recommend?  Do you squeeze the anus & perineum, or one and not the other?

Maybe you want to shift into talking about regulating the breathing and the coordination of the root area?

I was rather strict in my breathing/coordination with the root area for many years and I now find my perineum is always active.  I can only believe it is due to the earlier year practices.  

Gently clench the anus...,

(As if you just ate a burrito and you're sitting on a bus full of girls and your stomach is doing that burrito dance) ;)

Don't clench the perineum because it becomes a different technique now, i.e., the MCO flow will slow and the energy will pool at any area that is constricted or tightened (as an example = Yi Jin Jing and Xi Sui Jing)

Perineum tightening will also cause some heat, which may inadvertently start a Kundalini Awakening because once the perineum and anus are tightened, the coccyx will be affected and the Mingmen will start trembling.

• Like 3

What are your thoughts on speed of the orbit?

few sources talk about it.  Often it ends up linked to the breath cycle.  One respected teacher recommended going very slow.  Taking several breaths per orbit.  Particularly in the beginning and spending significant time in the various power points along the way. 

• Like 3

What are your thoughts on speed of the orbit?

few sources talk about it.  Often it ends up linked to the breath cycle.  One respected teacher recommended going very slow.  Taking several breaths per orbit.  Particularly in the beginning and spending significant time in the various power points along the way. 

At the speed of Yi.

I would recommend going slow as well, understanding each power point rather than just saying "I think I just hit my Mingmen thingy"

Breathe slow and even

If the body is divided into 4 quadrants = Perineum, Mid-back/shoulder blades, Top of head, and Heart - it is easier to get the MCO to flow

Just dial it in @ those 4 points

The front of the body seems to be most difficult to many people, so special attention to that area might be necessary at the early stages

• Like 4

Gently clench the anus...,

(As if you just ate a burrito and you're sitting on a bus full of girls and your stomach is doing that burrito dance) ;)

Don't clench the perineum because it becomes a different technique now, i.e., the MCO flow will slow and the energy will pool at any area that is constricted or tightened (as an example = Yi Jin Jing and Xi Sui Jing)

Perineum tightening will also cause some heat, which may inadvertently start a Kundalini Awakening because once the perineum and anus are tightened, the coccyx will be affected and the Mingmen will start trembling.

:)

I learned to treat the perineum as an extension a 3-D expansion; when you inhale (Normal Abdominal Breathing-NAB), expand in 3-D, so the stomach expands that means the solar plexus push upward and the perineum pushes down... all of it moves in singular unison.

Are you saying you recommend to not engage the perineum as part of the stomach 3-D expansion?

• Like 2

At the speed of Yi.

I would recommend going slow as well, understanding each power point rather than just saying "I think I just hit my Mingmen thingy"

Breathe slow and even

If the body is divided into 4 quadrants = Perineum, Mid-back/shoulder blades, Top of head, and Heart - it is easier to get the MCO to flow

Just dial it in @ those 4 points

The front of the body seems to be most difficult to many people, so special attention to that area might be necessary at the early stages

'Speed of Yi' is a rather deep and correct answer :)

Most start by following their mind and assume that is Yi and it is on a superficial level... going deeper into the heart will find Yi ;)

I am curious why the front is difficult.. I would guess the back is more because there is naturally more blockage... once down the front, one can take a "going home" relaxation.

• Like 3

:)

I learned to treat the perineum as an extension a 3-D expansion; when you inhale (Normal Abdominal Breathing-NAB), expand in 3-D, so the stomach expands that means the solar plexus push upward and the perineum pushes down... all of it moves in singular unison.

Are you saying you recommend to not engage the perineum as part of the stomach 3-D expansion?

I created a LoneManPai Technique* where the HuiYin and LDT interact with each other, and it is a very natural response.

But when doing the MCO -should this mechanism activate, it can become very intense, and distracting.

Doing a MacroCosmicOrbit, would engage the greater field, (Yin Yang Heel channels) so incorporating the HuiYin in this manner can be beneficial

The flip side:

If you Reverse Breathe, the inhale inwards would negate an upward push from the perineum.

If we always involve the HuiYin in MCO and utilize Reverse Breathing, the HuiYin and LDT interaction* will almost surely distract.

The internal mechanics behind this is *LoneMan Paiâ„¢ Technique #1

Ironically, the mention of 3D breathing - I also developed a technique for Binary Star breathing, where the LDT is a binary star,... maybe for another thread though lol

• Like 1

'Speed of Yi' is a rather deep and correct answer :)

Most start by following their mind and assume that is Yi and it is on a superficial level... going deeper into the heart will find Yi ;)

I am curious why the front is difficult.. I would guess the back is more because there is naturally more blockage... once down the front, one can take a "going home" relaxation.

The spinal column is easy too focus on,...

The front of the body and the focus of energy moving downward is difficult because we are "open and vulnerable there" i.e.,- someone crossing their arms in a conversation

• Like 6

This is an instruction you most likely have never heard of before:

The Governor and Conception Channels each start at the anus.

The first, runs from the anus, up the spine, and around the top of the head, to the upper lip.

This meridian is called Tum Mo.

The other meridian, known as Jen Mo, runs from the anus, up to the front of the body, to the lower lip.

I think this might be new for some people, yes. Most (thanks to about 5,000 books on the subject) think of this as a kind of wheel that goes up the back and down the front but in fact, there is no flow like that happening.

• Like 2

I created a LoneManPai Technique* where the HuiYin and LDT interact with each other, and it is a very natural response.

I would only say that a proper MCO has this natural interaction... but I don't know the details of your method but if you could explain more?

To me, however naive: In normal abdominal breathing (NAB), everything moves in 3-D; if the stomach expands so does the HuiYin (outward movement)...  

But when doing the MCO -should this mechanism activate, it can become very intense, and distracting.

I don't quite understand the idea of 'distracting'... can you say more?

Doing a MacroCosmicOrbit, would engage the greater field, (Yin Yang Heel channels) so incorporating the HuiYin in this manner can be beneficial

The flip side:

If you Reverse Breathe, the inhale inwards would negate an upward push from the perineum.

What do you mean by negate? not needed? 

IMO, Reverse Abdominal Breathing (RAB) has the stomach and huiyin still in concert: Both contract (perineum pushes upward)...  maybe that is your LMP technique to disengage the two?

If we always involve the HuiYin in MCO and utilize Reverse Breathing, the HuiYin and LDT interaction* will almost surely distract.

Ok, so this is a small answer to my question but this is not my experience.   If one views the stomach in 3-D and the huiyin as a natural extension which moves in unison... they simply will move together.    Maybe your saying that for most this is not the case and I can accept that.  

The internal mechanics behind this is *LoneMan Paiâ„¢ Technique #1

Ironically, the mention of 3D breathing - I also developed a technique for Binary Star breathing, where the LDT is a binary star,... maybe for another thread though lol

Very cool :)

• Like 1

I would only say that a proper MCO has this natural interaction... but I don't know the details of your method but if you could explain more?

To me, however naive: In normal abdominal breathing (NAB), everything moves in 3-D; if the stomach expands so does the HuiYin (outward movement)...  

I don't quite understand the idea of 'distracting'... can you say more?

What do you mean by negate? not needed? 

IMO, Reverse Abdominal Breathing (RAB) has the stomach and huiyin still in concert: Both contract (perineum pushes upward)...  maybe that is your LMP technique to disengage the two?

Ok, so this is a small answer to my question but this is not my experience.   If one views the stomach in 3-D and the huiyin as a natural extension which moves in unison... they simply will move together.    Maybe your saying that for most this is not the case and I can accept that.  

Very cool :)

I will reply when I get more time- rushing out the door this morning

I think I should back up a little and post what I believe to be the basic foundations of breathe,..

So here is a copy paste from joeblast that he posted on my forum:

Breathwork review

http://lonemanpai.com/thread/820/breathwork-review?page=1&scrollTo=13360

Since it was requested smiley.png

Breathwork is the first thing and the last thing to work on.  It should be the first thing learned, it should be what ends every session.

The process moves from physical exploration to building muscle memory, enhancing timing, attenuating neural signals so as to transform their resonant mode.

Physically speaking, the preliminaries are postural, with focus on both  action as well as inaction.  As breathwork progresses towards what can be considered longevity breathing, that which is used becomes just about as important as that which is not used.  Straight spine allows for smoothest, easiest internal movement; rib cage relaxed since it consumes more energy to move them as opposed to the internals.  Longevity breathing is an exercise in efficiency; the deeper one is able to take that, the more thoroughly one will be able to integrate the energies of "active" energetic exercises.   

The diaphragm has two logical attachments, front and back, therefore movement needs to be anchored.  This is the limitation of simply "expanding the abdomen" on an inhale - without any diaphragm focus, you're not getting deeper than that glass floor.  We'll focus on natural abdominal breathing here.

Note the posterior attachment points
diaphragm.gif

This is where the process of inhaling begins, but dont correlate too strongly with where exactly the attachment points are as you execute the protocol.  You can imagine moving a ball down the front of the spine, from solar plexus height to begin, ending at the dantien.  The front of abdomen and  pelvic floor relax on this phase.    The exhale is supported by them; the qihai presses inward but not forcefully, the huiyin firms but does not flex.  (e.g. it travels the distance, but without the muscular force that would make it a "squeeze.")  Another method one can try lying down is to imagine a toy train that drives along the spine as its tracks - drive the train down the tracks, then back it up wink.png

This is the initial 3 part timing to work on.  Roll the inhale smoothly into the exhale and vice versa.  Before one calms down sufficiently,  it can be fruitful to utilize the front of the abdomen a bit more in its role of supporting the exhale - but as the breath becomes more ingrained into muscle memory, the front of the abdomen is utilized less as "the external breathing disappears," which means that the internal motions have become    well timed.  (I was standing there the other day and a friend said dude it doesnt look like you've breathed in minutes, wth?     internal motions, bro!)  So basically, in considering the physical distance traveled by each component during the process of breathing, try to make the beginnings, endings, and most energetically potent portions concurrent.  This is where the timing game is, since each component has its own nature and physical extent - think of each structure as having its own dyno readout of its power, and just like a car it reaches its max horsepower somewhere near its physical extent of operation....but not quite there!   The big difference here is that its not all out power, we have the additional requirement of minimal consumption to consider while we search for that bump in the chart of "max horsepower."

So now that the physical is covered....wait, we're not done - we have the neurological level to consider!

The air is inhaled and exhaled through the nose - but what's in there?  The olfactory nerve endings - they detect airflow and signal the brain accordingly.  Strong air flow will trigger the brain to tell the heart to pump faster, urge the lungs to expand and contract.  So now, we deal with air flow!  This is  one very important point on the inaction front  - use only the desired structures to facilitate the movement of air, and let everything else go, relaxed!  This means the lungs,  bronchi, trachea, back of the throat, sinuses, even the flaps of your nostrils.  Anywhere air touches, do not use to breathe or facilitate the movement of air!   People probably arent aware of how much they utilize their nose and sinuses while breathing - basically, by using the sinuses or anywhere air touches to breathe, what you are in effect doing is  relaxing the diaphragm's job requirements and buggering incoming air pressure, the net result is that the diaphragm is not used as much and also, importantly, the breath does not go as deep.

I devised an identification exercise for these structures, by pulling air sharply at each individual location where air touches - its a bit odd to pull air only at the maxillary sinuses, for example, but it can be done.  Now, from a position of action - derive inaction, and train yourself not to use these structures while you breathe.  (Go easy with that  or you will be the recipient of a headache - its not something that needs to be done more than once or twice, just to gain some additional familiarity with the structures that air touches.)

Yes - the energetic imprint on the medulla will actually be changed by a concerted effort here!  My ex used to tell me she'd know when I was in good practice because she wouldnt ever hear me  breathe while sleeping (and  usually when my breath was that good, movement in sleep barely existed if at all, either...)

Its going to be weird the first time you think you're not breathing, but...wait...yes, you aaare....and it will probably surprise you out of the blissful state that accompanies it.  But keep going, keep the focus up, keep the mechanics up.  This is why I encourage people to take the time to spend on breathwork, because the benefits are huge and WILL support your other practices.  The energetic peaks one can attain are a function of the depth of stillness one is able to attain.  

Where one keeps his attention will also play into it -  e.g. there were times I kept my focus at the dantien no matter what, eventually finding myself to feel about 2-3 inches tall, sitting there inside my own gut.  Or, utilizing the "turning the light around" technique at the niwan, eventually obliterates all cranial nerve signal, just a light filled void, completely directionless...and at that point I was able to feel though-impulse arise and even get completely overtaken and absorbed by the light-turning, and interestingly enough, observe it happen in real time, completely unperturbed.  Rather novel the first few times it happened.

Remember, all of this is an exercise in awareness.  Awareness is always maintained.  Void and oblivion are not the same thing.  If you catch yourself space truckin random thoughts, just return to the breath protocol as soon as you notice it, without so much as a "dammit there I go thinking again" (for that gives energy to the thought stream.)  Conditioning yourself to be able to do this WILL result in a calmer, clearer mind - I've been witness to getting  to a practice-depth and back out too many times, very many of these things happen with absolute certainty every time  - metabolic boosts included smiley.png

• Like 8

LoneMan Paiâ„¢- Invisible Inhale [courtesy joeblast]
http://lonemanpai.com/thread/52/loneman-invisible-inhale-courtesy-joeblast?page=1&scrollTo=13359

In ordinary breathing, not reverse, stillness, without the diaphragm moving, without the perineum being activated.

This way, there is no restriction or muscle tension, and the energy flows smoothly without stalling at any area during the MCO

• Like 4

LoneMan Paiâ„¢- Invisible Inhale [courtesy joeblast]

http://lonemanpai.com/thread/52/loneman-invisible-inhale-courtesy-joeblast?page=1&scrollTo=13359

In ordinary breathing, not reverse, stillness, without the diaphragm moving, without the perineum being activated.

This way, there is no restriction or muscle tension, and the energy flows smoothly without stalling at any area during the MCO

Nice posts thanks :)

Have you experienced non-breathing meditation?

I had it happened to me a few times.  It was like I fell asleep and stopped breathing for about a minute.

• Like 1

Nice posts thanks :)

Have you experienced non-breathing meditation?

I had it happened to me a few times.  It was like I fell asleep and stopped breathing for about a minute.

Thank you brother.

3922455791.gif

Yes, I have experienced non-breathe in my cultivation.

I traced the mechanism to the LDT zippering up and down to the MDT.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing !

really high-caliber stuff in here. Big thanks to SotG for sharing the insights :-)

Thank you everyone :)

When the Tan Tien rotates, it is difficult to grasp what this entails if you are beginner.

But imagine a gyroscope balancing on a fine string.

Every movement will sway it, but the trick is keep it going.

A MacroCosmic Orbit, will display the finer mechanics of this model, moving and gyrating in every direction.

The momentum is the Yi.

An active standing gong, such as Bagua or TaiChi is keeping that Gyroscope/Rotating Tan Tien balanced, moving and in harmony with every movement, gross or subtle.

• Like 5

http://thedaobums.com/topic/39332-how-to-open-the-microcosmic-orbit/?p=648788

LoneMan Paiâ„¢ MCO - 'Connecting The Dots'

http://lonemanpai.com/thread/904/loneman-pai-mco-connecting-dots

'Connecting The Dots' LoneMan Paiâ„¢ MCO System:

I teach the MCO as dividing the body up into (4) quadrants

Perineum (1), between shoulder blades (2), Top of head (3) and Sternum (4)

Get the perineum to tingle, using Kegels at the beginning, but not when doing the actual MCO

Once you have the perineum tingles/heat then it is just a matter of connecting the 4 dots

Move the tingles up to the Lingtai/shoulder blade area

Once you pass the MingMen, it will start to oscillate, breathe...

When the Lingtai starts to open, the hands get warm, so you know you are getting it

The DaLing on the wrists may also tingle

Now you have 2 out of 4 quadrants active

Next up is the Occipital points, or the area around the Jade Pillow

You can manifest and induce a feeling here rather easily, then simple move it to the crown of the skull

The most difficult part of the 4 part journey is bringing the area down the front of the body

From the crown, with tongue to palate, allow the energy to flood the sinus area.

Your lower chin may feel the tingles

Bring it right down to the Sternum now

All quadrants should be bubbling shortly, after continued daily practicing of the 'Connecting The Dots' LoneMan Paiâ„¢ MCO System

The MCO isn't a wheel, per se.

Rather, it is like an electrical circuit,..

Once the switch is "ON" the circuit lights up all the way around- we feel it as wheel because our Yi hasn't caught up with the 'on' mechanism

Here is another technique that may help some people almost instantly...

LoneMan Paiâ„¢ INSTANT Power-Up

http://lonemanpai.com/thread/833/loneman-pai-instant-power

*Squeeze the floor

*Yi @ Jade Pillow

*YinTang will light up automatically

*Yi @ LDT

Instantly lights up the board