Arambhashura

John Chang

Hey guys,

I'm currently vaguely planning a trip to java. i thought on this occasion i might also want to stop by john chang and have a little philosophical chat. i know this sounds like a bold idea, but as it's really something i want to do in my life so i might as well be open about it. john chang for me is one of the giants who not only talks about doing chi but actually does it and produces measurable results. so something he must be doing right. and i want to find out exactly what it is.

but i have yet to locate him on java, as i don't know his current whereabouts. i hoped you could help me with that. does anyone know which city he lives in?

and i also want read some books on the topic, so that i can view and understand the world from his point of view. do you have any suggestions for me on that matter?

you see, i'm a really curious guy. don't blame me for that :D i'd really enjoy your help guys!

Last I heard, Chang is in retreat after developing health problems and no longer interacts with the public. Sorry, but I imagine any attempt to find him would be a waste of time and money - you'll have to find someone else to discuss philosophy with.

Edited by Aeran

I have been amazed all year reading about people's reactions to that video.

There is nothing unusual happening in the video, neither any unusual 'philosophy'.

There are several, and probably many, people who can actually do things like depicted - qi projection, electric qi, etc.

And each of these things is so easy to fake that even seeing  them performed in-person is not "proof" of anything.

There are many old and new tricks among qigong masters, and americans especially are easy to fool. Since I began looking recently I have seen other now-popular masters doing them in videos that people do believe.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 5

I never fail to be amazed at the interest that John Chang generates.

I fear that you will not find him in Java and that if you did he would not be prepared to discuss his practice with you.

You may search the internet for details of his art but it is doubtful that you will discover anything of worth.

My advice would be to stop your search for magic fairy dust and knuckle down to some proper training closer to home.

I wish you luck.

• Like 2

I fear that you will not find him in Java

hmnn, that's just what I'd expect Mr. Chang to say. 

very suspicious.  playing humble,

hiding in plain sight on a lowly taoist philosophy site.

Arambhashura.. he may be closer then you think.

either way Chang gives good advice.

• Like 3

hmnn, that's just what I'd expect Mr. Chang to say. 

very suspicious.  playing humble,

hiding in plain sight on a lowly taoist philosophy site.

Arambhashura.. he may be closer then you think.

either way Chang gives good advice.

John Chang agreed to be a mod on this site on the condition we banned MoPaiGuy

• Like 3

Hey guys,

I'm currently vaguely planning a trip to java. i thought on this occasion i might also want to stop by john chang and have a little philosophical chat. i know this sounds like a bold idea, but as it's really something i want to do in my life so i might as well be open about it. john chang for me is one of the giants who not only talks about doing chi but actually does it and produces measurable results. so something he must be doing right. and i want to find out exactly what it is.

but i have yet to locate him on java, as i don't know his current whereabouts. i hoped you could help me with that. does anyone know which city he lives in?

and i also want read some books on the topic, so that i can view and understand the world from his point of view. do you have any suggestions for me on that matter?

you see, i'm a really curious guy. don't blame me for that :D i'd really enjoy your help guys!

Like someone said, John Chang developed kidney problems

i'd advise not to go IMO

He always seemed childlike to me.  Literally adding a dozen Fuck you's (on one of his defunct sites) to many of his posts as well as creating thread after thread insulting at least half a dozen members here.   He was like a juvenile throwing a hissy fit. 

EW, he may be a good friend of yours now, but I remember a time he spent months dogging most of your posts and writing insults.  That's the kind of guy I remember him as.  I hope he's matured up. 

• Like 1

Damn you Eobard_wells  :)

You've made me break my self imposed rule of not getting involved with discussions when they get off topic....

I'd rather call it idealistic to believe in and to appeal to the ratio of people who seem to prefer spiritual roleplay to serious spiritual training.

I just have to ask you to clarify what you mean here. I have a massive belief that when you try to communicate an idea, you should try to make it as comprehensible as possible.

So, this guy you were talking about was idealistic. I like this description of a person. For me, it means they often have a positive out look on life. Later on in the sentence, you're suggesting that this guy was trying to help those who are not serious spiritual practitioners. I also like this, as I, myself, am not a serious practitioner.

I was just wondering, am I right in this interpretation? (apologies to others if this is starting to open that can of worms).

Cheers,

Miffymog.

Edited by Miffymog

Juvenile?

I'd rather call it idealistic to believe in and to appeal to the ratio of people who seem to prefer spiritual roleplay to serious spiritual training.

as I recall he wrote several posts about my butt!?  One had which color I should paint it, what should be drawn on it, another what I should stick in it,  I think he mentioned cactus and a dreidel.   So yeah, he strikes me as very juvenile.  

Yeah, he strikes me as less then a spiritual icon.  He's mostly known for going on to threads and telling them why he was spiritually advanced and they weren't.  That was his gig.  Calling everyone mindless lemmings.

The mention of him- how John Chang would be embarrassed about him was right on.  He actually had  real practitioners of Mo Pai from Indonesia as well as those who actually knew John Chang on his site and he'd chase them away because they didn't fit his stereotypes.  He took great pleasure insulting teachers and serious practitioners who had way more experience then he did.  He oozed negativity. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Weren't you the guy roaming his forum all the time in search for stuff

You are kidding.  I couldn't stomach his forum.   He wrote dozens of posts swearing and insulting people here before I said a word, a respectful one on his forum.   Thus I wrote 2 posts there.  One respectful the other a bit more honest. 

You don't remember what he wrote about you?  How he commented and insulted you on almost every post you made on the bums for months?  Early on?  He was incredibly insulting and got warnings for it.   How many of his insults did it take to turn you?

MPG did not start out so negative.  For years he was respectful, wrote intelligently.  He's an example of if you do energy work and you're imbalanced, you get worse.  There were many examples of him having intelligent conversations with people, with teachers here.   At some point he fell into paranoia, became an angry crusader who had to diss everyone who didn't believe  what he did.

Mo Pai, he had his worst insults against fellow practitioners.  If they didn't toe his line, ditto his exact belief, he'd go dark and crazy.  The man loved lemmings as long as they followed him. 

The board is much better for his absence.  Unless he's grown up and matured. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Personal clashes aside, MorePieGuy, I must admit, has stood strong in his convictions and has continually sought after a path, that most would avoid, due to the bad wrap it gets. I wish him all the best.

• Like 3

Maybe I'm wrong, I just recall he was pretty nasty to you, especially in the early days after you'd talk about Clyman .  but then he was that way to many people.  I'll see if I can find the quotes later. <edit- Actually I couldn't find what I was looking for.   EB good chance you're right, I mixed him up with H.Uhriar. 

Several things struck me about MPG.  When I asked him how many hours a day he practiced, he wrote back, he didn't want to say.  When I told him no problem, "I'll believe you", He wrote 'I haven't practiced in almost a year'.   I can respect that when life gets busy, practices take a back seat, but he was getting on the board, almost daily sniping at people who did practice.   Seems hypocritical to me.

There'd be solid threads he'd get on, diss the subject or people and they'd quickly end up in the pit.  It wasn't low level people he'd screw either.  We had some excellent members and MPG, a kid who lived in his parents basement would snipe at them, they'd end up threatening him, thus getting banned.  Huge losses for the site. 

He may not be the person with the most bans and suspensions but he's close.  After his last banning, he came back quickly Iloveturtles and was immediately kicked out.  Then he came back as Blue something, who immediately launched the same youtubes, same topics, same sentences including word for word one about Pokemon that he'd written earlier.  As Bluewhatever MPG wrote about how he was in South America teaching Mo Pai to other backpackers as he traveled.  Pure bullshit (I highly believe).  When confronted, Blue/MPG replied 'Maybe I am, maybe I'm not.  Game playing, juvenile.  Unworthy of respect. 

Glad he's gone.  When he was here this kind of stupid thread was weekly event, he was troll who loved to piss on others. 

Edited by thelerner

I fear that you will not find him in Java and that if you did he would not be prepared to discuss his practice with you.

You may search the internet for details of his art but it is doubtful that you will discover anything of worth.

My advice would be to stop your search for magic fairy dust and knuckle down to some proper training closer to home.

I wish you luck.

Why are you amazed? He has the most powerful demonstrations of any master ever recorded?

• Like 3