Spectrum

The Ultimate TaoBum?

Sifu Rob just sent me his latest video dvd. I met Rob is 2001 while training in Hawaii and have enjoyed an ongoing dialog w/ him over the last few years. He continually sends me these spiral sticks that I get to experiment with. I've made some sick wings out of them as well that I think are going to be something I share on here soon. Anyways, his "energy sticks" are extracted golden mean geometry. They give you a certain "feedback" that you don't get from a straight stick.

There is some pretty fun stuff in the video.... Rob gave me permission to share some w/ you guys since he's all into being taobumness but he can't type worth a damn. So here's the plug, it's put together nicely w/ a good mix of dialog and instructionals (follow along quality w/ his daughter Marrisa; not a step by step 1-2-3). The video is available as a package from www.danceandmartialfitness.com w/ a Green Sphere Knot. (seen in the video below)

So my wife and I must have watched this clip 25 times rolling around on the floor laughing.

Why?

The music, the aloha shirt, the dialog.... "... go beyond your own grasp ..."

The GUNG!!!

In full taobums style ...

Edited by Spectrum

PS - You can mix this practice with... a n y t h i n g . lol

Edited by Spectrum

It's a toy to play with. It'll also double as a green lawn banana and you can mix drinks w/ it!

But really the uses are endlesssss, 0.618 ... a little more than halfway there ... and a perfect addition to any Taobums arsenal of tools and techniques to elevate consciousness.

...Davids consciousness does appear elevated...

I'll stick with Kunlun :)

Anyways... Cam... I have piles of these things laying around. I'll send you one to experiment / futz with if you want.

And yes it would stick right into your Kunlun cuz your body is the medium of all the movement of consciousness.

Not to take away any of your attention from your chosen system, but honestly I think Max would completely jive with these. What else does Max do all day other then tune into the universe and gung out and play and do seminars? Rubics Cube?

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Will you send me one? :)

Yeah Sean PM me your address.

Hmmm.... looks like another fad to me. Wouldn't you be better off just doing tai chi with your hands in tiger's mouth?

Well David thought different - "This is actually doing me a lot of good" - I'll send you one of these to hold in your hand in tigers mouth while you practice and you'll feel it. If you hold this thing and do any tai chi moves it kinda warbles in your hand and pushes or pulls in a clearly curved direction that changes when you follow it, funny thing is when you do it inside the taichi form, you see why TCC is considered "classical" (ref: golden harmonics of human motion) I think Robs latest analogy phrase was "pull rope, push wire". Like I said, I just have a pile of these things and am feeling like it's time to share.

The sticks "suggest" movements if you listen to them. Don't get me wrong, they are simply a piece of pvc, but the curve is what it really is.... much like any "weapon" which has a unique center of gravity and way in which it is wielded, these toys lighten things up a bit by suggesting spirals and directions in which might not have previously been felt or explored. A pure geometry toy to feel around with in the dark.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Btt I enjoyed watching Carradine. Did these spiral sticks even go anywhere?

I'm starting to develop a minor feel for how traditional hand weapons move. So I have a slight grasp of what you may be pointing at with "suggesting spirals and directions which might not have previously been felt or explored"

I've seen a longer stick in a video. It seemed to be curved according to the golden ratio. Carradine gifted it to an old master when visiting a temple or monastery. And it can also be used as a walking stick. :D

Btt I enjoyed watching Carradine. Did these spiral sticks even go anywhere?

I'm starting to develop a minor feel for how traditional hand weapons move. So I have a slight grasp of what you may be pointing at with "suggesting spirals and directions which might not have previously been felt or explored"

Your word "spirals" brought thoughts to my mind that I have placed a little attention on recently. We know that Taoist philosophy talks much of the concept of cycles (circles), reversion, and recurrance. But I think that "spirals" is an important concept because not only is it include the above but it also includes the concept of evolution, expansion, more fulness, etc.

Be well!