Wun Yuen Gong

Compression Breathing?

Hi All,

Like to know what your view and experiences with Compressing breathing into the dan tian and around the organs.

What would be the good points and the bad points of this practise?

Some use it for Iron Body skills, some for health!

Any comments?

WYG

Hi All,

Like to know what your view and experiences with Compressing breathing into the dan tian and around the organs.

What would be the good points and the bad points of this practise?

Some use it for Iron Body skills, some for health!

Any comments?

WYG

From what I have read chi is a living substance, and packing your dan tian full of it and compressing it could cause it to become stagnant and full of rot and decay. Also there is always the chance you will detonate your dan tian after it is packed full, resulting in your inability to proceed further in this life. I don't really know enough to comment further, but I would be careful using any such practices.

Thanks for the reply, i havent done the retention but in a way there is compression skills in my practice. I was reading a book that talked about it a student of john chang from indonesia!

Thanks for the reply, i havent done the retention but in a way there is compression skills in my practice. I was reading a book that talked about it a student of john chang from indonesia!

Hey there,

Which book? I would be interested in hearing more about his experiences!

Many thanks!

In kind regards,

Adam.

I dont know if this is what you mean by compression breathing but reverse breathing is one of the main breathing techinques in my system and several other systems

This is the method i have been taught to practice

For the first week do 5 breaths, second week 10 breaths ,third week 15 and so on until you get to 100 in 1 session.Then after that you can keep it at 60 or 2 session of 60 if your feeling strong per day morning and night

I wasnt taught reverse breathing until after about 2 years of doing foundation stuff.There are risks of causing deviations if you dont do it correctly or your not in the right state bodily and mentally

The basic techniques involves breathing into your mouth ( not nose) with it wide open.Fill your lungs to about 70 to 80 percent.Lightly squeeze in your abdomen.Exhale out of your mouth to, as this breathing can generate alot of heat in your body and this heat needs to be released.When you exhale relax your abdomen area and let air/chi sink down as you gently expand your diaphram.Also just before exhaling its good to swallow any saliva you have .Dont force it down.You shouldnt feel any extreme amount of pressure down there.On your exhale try to relax your entire body especially your head,shoulders and chest area.If you can keep that area relaxed i found the rest of your body naturally relaxes by it self

Best place to practice this is at the beach,amongst tree's,mountains.Its good to face the direction where any breeze is coming from.Any time in the morning from about 3am to 7am

Edited by truth

The Magus of Java is the book name you can find it on Amazon!

:)

Oh right.. yep.. I know it. Thanks!

In kind regaerds,

Adam.

I dont know if this is what you mean by compression breathing but reverse breathing is one of the main breathing techinques in my system and several other systems

What system do you do?

From what I have read chi is a living substance, and packing your dan tian full of it and compressing it could cause it to become stagnant and full of rot and decay. Also there is always the chance you will detonate your dan tian after it is packed full, resulting in your inability to proceed further in this life. I don't really know enough to comment further, but I would be careful using any such practices.

where did you hear that??

from what I've learned, qi can be safely stored in the ldt. it is muscle and fascia in layers. although qi is not purely electromagnetic, it does have those qualities. since areas of high conductivity sandwiched in with areas of lower conductivity create a charge potential, it pretty much makes the LDT a veritable human battery.

An authentic taijiquan form would have this built into the form Authentic for me means that it has the correct internal, nei gung principles built into the movement.

I think condensing breath is different but also important.

I used compression breathing in both my bones and abdomen. I detail some of it here- http://www.thetaobums.com/My-100-Days-SPOI...cret-t4225.html

It worked for me.

Hi Darin,

Compressed breathing, as you understand it, how do you do it exactly? Also, could you detail the version of the breathing up the spine you mentioned?

I have Luk's Taoist Yoga, so if you are referring to his methods, just direct me to chapters or page numbers and I will check it out.

Thanks mate!

In kind regards,

Adam.

I began in a lying position. Next, I would breathe deeply into my lower abdomen with full attention focussed there for 10 breaths. Then on the inhale I shifted my attention to the bones in my left hand and would feel my life energy concentrate into the bone marrow of my hand. During the exhale the energy seemed to move from my lower abdomen to my hand. At that time I would really focus with the intent to compress this energy into the bones.When I did this I could feel the energy flowing in my body with the breath like a liquid magnetic field or somthing. Sometimes if I just concentrated on the bones in my hands I would get what felt like an electric shock in them.

I did the same procedure on my forearm bones and upper arm bones followed by the other arm bones in the same sequence then my left and right legs bones in their divisions feet first. Then pelvis, collar bone and hen I did the spine and skull. If I did this more than ten times and really focused on my belly it would sometime put out electric-pulses like I was being jabbed with a cattle prod and my arms and legs would jump involuntarily on every pulse.

Lastly, I breathed the fluid energy evenly as possible into all the limbs at once 10 times and tried to maintain evenness of the flowing. At this point I brought the fluid energy strait up my spine and into my brain as I gazed with closed eyes slightly upraised into the point slightly up and between my eyebrows. The gazing was important and if I lost focus and fell asleep I would often wake up feeling myself flying though the tunnel and seeing light blaze inside my mind.

Hows that?

Edited by DarinHamel