taoguy

How do you explain this phenomena in Taoist terms?

So lately...

I've been getting orgasmic feelings throughout my body. Sometimes it fades, but it always comes back when I still the mind. Sometimes I can walk and halfway through I feel a rush of orgasmic pleasantness through my body and i need to stop for a while to recover.

My mind is mostly clear, with very, very few thoughts rising (unless I find that the mind becomes anxious or sluggish).

Sometimes the orgasms travel up my neck and burst like fireworks in my head... I'm not complaining because it feels very blissful, but sometimes this enjoyment and drunkenness feels very counter-productive when I want to do serious work.

Other times, it bursts from my heart area. It feels a little similar to when I hear beautiful music and I have this feeling of delight and enjoyment within.

I can hear a slight whistling or scintillating sound in my head, almost like tinnitus, except it becomes louder when I meditate.

I'm starting to love nature a lot, and while I used to go for a run, I would not just sit under trees and on the grasses so that I can sit there... and sometimes I go into a meditative state.

I meditate daily... and I rarely get any sexual thoughts now... so I've not ejaculated for 2 months (since this post: http://thedaobums.com/topic/38923-preventing-jing-loss/). Sometimes I feel heat in my skin pores, intense itching while meditating, then I find that when I relinquish attachment to the physical sensations I go into a state of non-duality. It's a bit like falling asleep?

My breath sometimes gets very subtle... then this wave of weird, slightly uncomfortable joy just rises from within... and I grow increasingly uncomfortable, until I get out of the meditation voluntarily. I could feel vibrations in my left leg (I sit in Burmese posture so it's the one with heel in between penis and anus).

Just wondering if someone can put this in perspective for what progress I have, and where I can head towards?

Edited by taoguy

Interesting post.  I don't normally respond to these kinds of posts but this one truly is interesting.

And I'm not going to pretend that I know anything but this sounds a little like you have internalized the pleasure of life as opposed to just expressing it through sex.

• Like 2

Interesting post.  I don't normally respond to these kinds of posts but this one truly is interesting.

And I'm not going to pretend that I know anything but this sounds a little like you have internalized the pleasure of life as opposed to just expressing it through sex.

Hmm... perhaps... I feel like the energy otherwise lost through sex seems to be able to "rise" upwards... And whenever it does, I feel the orgasms intensify. It can start off as slight shivers and culminate in ecstasy.

• Like 1

I'd recommend focus on allowing your true nature to balance out what is unfolding internally, rather than focusing on your desire to explain the changes you feel. 

When we let our feelings control our true nature, we work in the direction of creation.

When we let our true nature rest on our feelings in emptiness, the energy within our feeling returns to follow our true nature, the dragon merges with the tiger to form the elixir, and we work in the direction of returning to the dao.

Often when we feel change we wish to examine it and explain it, even though this attachment prevents the evolution of the transformation. Nothing wrong with that, though I would think that continuing to listen to where these changes lead you to might be more informative than what others might say here. :wub:

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 1

I used to get this during the first year of meditation. I remember it being very distracting at the time, but it eventually went away. In AYP parlance it was referred to as 'scenery'. The whistling, bells, music or whatever are also common. The usual advice is not to get too involved with it, carry on with the practices but be ever wary of over loading by grounding and self pacing. Cant really say that this is what you should do, but that was the traditional advice. Tao might be very different, so let that guide you.

It is called "Eight touch/feelings " (八觸)  in Taoist/Buddhist terms , meaning  that there are  eight different feelings ( in fact, likely more than eight ) that people may feel  at  the initial stage of their  practice: heavy, light , itching, moving, warm, cool,  felt of being blocked..etc.  

Qi runs through different parts of our body gives rise to different feelings , it is  especially  true when it passes through those sicken parts;  also different qualities  of qi give us different feelings,  for instance, higher quality of qi usually gives us a lighter feeling , lower quality of qi gives us  a  feeling of dull and heaviness  ; higher quality of qi lets us feel it moving  in a smooth and subtle way while lower quality qi gives us  a feeling that it moves like muddy water..; 

Edited by exorcist_1699

two thing:

what is your meditation based on?

do you have a teacher to guide you through it?

I had a very similar experience several years ago when I started to (incorrectly) seriously emphasize meditating on the heart centre, as well as going without ejaculating for a long period of time.

Depending on what you are doing, you could be seriously hurting yourself.

When I was doing all the heart work, I thought I was getting really deeply into my emotions and started talking with absolute emotional frankness with everyone I met, telling the truth at all times.  I also had this very strange phenomenon where when doing taiji push hands with people, I could achieve absolute softeness and following, using almost no strength to blast people several feet off the ground.

I had the idea that I was making big progress, but actually I was beginning to lose sleep, become dependent on caffeine, and have neurosis.  Finally, once I started having massive hallucinations around bed time (freaky stuff), I came to my senses and stopped doing the intense heart meditations.   I brought all my energy back to my lower dantian, and did things that got me in touch with the gravity of the earth.   After a month I was emotionally better, started not freaking people out anymore, and my taiji skill changed again into something less surprising, but much more functional.

Be very careful if you are meditating without a teacher, because it is easy to go down the wrong track, and if noone is there to protect you, you can get in lots of trouble.

Sounds like common deviations if you ask me. You can find people writing all similar kinds of so called "results" from wide spread sitting methods.

I'd recommend focus on allowing your true nature to balance out what is unfolding internally, rather than focusing on your desire to explain the changes you feel. 

When we let our feelings control our true nature, we work in the direction of creation.

When we let our true nature rest on our feelings in emptiness, the energy within our feeling returns to follow our true nature, the dragon merges with the tiger to form the elixir, and we work in the direction of returning to the dao.

Often when we feel change we wish to examine it and explain it, even though this attachment prevents the evolution of the transformation. Nothing wrong with that, though I would think that continuing to listen to where these changes lead you to might be more informative than what others might say here. :wub:

That makes sense... However I am not sure if I doing the right things as I don't have a teacher.

I used to get this during the first year of meditation. I remember it being very distracting at the time, but it eventually went away. In AYP parlance it was referred to as 'scenery'. The whistling, bells, music or whatever are also common. The usual advice is not to get too involved with it, carry on with the practices but be ever wary of over loading by grounding and self pacing. Cant really say that this is what you should do, but that was the traditional advice. Tao might be very different, so let that guide you.

Grounding and self-pacing, got it.

Well, I dunno what to say. I've experienced all of that. Not all at once, though. The main thing that I kept falling back on was that the process shouldn't stay in a highly active state; my intuition was that things should subside and instead of being an overpowering sensation it ought to become something less personal and more expansive. It took a while but a lot of the things that were internal (pleasant and unpleasant) have given way to a more clear form of awareness and the sensations that had been at the center of my awareness for a while now appear to have been brought on by small things that I now perceive peripherally.

Hmm... so are you saying that I should balance it out? So if I am too active, I should calm it; and if I am too sluggish, I should arouse energy?

It is called "Eight touch/feelings " (八觸)  in Taoist/Buddhist terms , meaning  that there are  eight different feelings ( in fact, likely more than eight ) that people may feel  at  the initial stage of their  practice: heavy, light , itching, moving, warm, cool,  felt of being blocked..etc.  

Qi runs through different parts of our body gives rise to different feelings , it is  especially  true when it passes through those sicken parts;  also different qualities  of qi give us different feelings,  for instance, higher quality of qi usually gives us a lighter feeling , lower quality of qi gives us  a  feeling of dull and heaviness  ; higher quality of qi lets us feel it moving  in a smooth and subtle way while lower quality qi gives us  a feeling that it moves like muddy water..; 

Hmm yes, I definitely felt that before. When trying to detect blockages in other people, i can feel the difference in 'texture' and 'heaviness'.

two thing:

what is your meditation based on?

do you have a teacher to guide you through it?

I had a very similar experience several years ago when I started to (incorrectly) seriously emphasize meditating on the heart centre, as well as going without ejaculating for a long period of time.

Depending on what you are doing, you could be seriously hurting yourself.

When I was doing all the heart work, I thought I was getting really deeply into my emotions and started talking with absolute emotional frankness with everyone I met, telling the truth at all times.  I also had this very strange phenomenon where when doing taiji push hands with people, I could achieve absolute softeness and following, using almost no strength to blast people several feet off the ground.

I had the idea that I was making big progress, but actually I was beginning to lose sleep, become dependent on caffeine, and have neurosis.  Finally, once I started having massive hallucinations around bed time (freaky stuff), I came to my senses and stopped doing the intense heart meditations.   I brought all my energy back to my lower dantian, and did things that got me in touch with the gravity of the earth.   After a month I was emotionally better, started not freaking people out anymore, and my taiji skill changed again into something less surprising, but much more functional.

Be very careful if you are meditating without a teacher, because it is easy to go down the wrong track, and if noone is there to protect you, you can get in lots of trouble.

Hmmm, this sounds very similar.

It's not that I put the heart as the focal point though, is that what you mean? I don't put my focus anywhere, but simply just on the energy flow inwards and outwards through breath meditation. Then the orgasms rise, sometimes to the back of my head and so on.

Emotional frankness is something I also experienced... Hmm I'll try to follow your advice and do more grounding too. I recently started a qigong practice that focused on the lower dan tian, so i hope that will work. I also exercise on a trampoline, so that will give more awareness to the gravity of the earth.

Sounds like common deviations if you ask me. You can find people writing all similar kinds of so called "results" from wide spread sitting methods.

Am I practising wrongly? What do you mean by deviation? Am I deviating from the Tao? How can I improve my practice?

LaoZiDao, on 25 Sept 2015 - 14:48, said: Sounds like common deviations if you ask me. You can find people writing all similar kinds of so called "results" from wide spread sitting methods.

Am I practising wrongly? What do you mean by deviation? Am I deviating from the Tao? How can I improve my practice?

Energy deviations. Causing harm to your body and Qi. By changing your practice and getting a teacher from traditional school with traditional roots and verifiable linage..

feel heat in my skin pores, intense itching while meditating

Roving fire, Qi disharmony

uncomfortable joy just rises from within... and I grow increasingly uncomfortable

More of the same

feel vibrations in my left leg

More of the same

Keep going and it will get worse.

Am I deviating from the Tao?

You never achieved Dao to be deviating from it in the first place...

(I sit in Burmese posture so it's the one with heel in between penis and anus).

This is what stuck out immediately when I read your post. My knowledge of different meditative postures isn't huge, but I have been told repeatedly, from multiple sources, that this particular posture will stir up sexual, generative energy in a powerful way and should only be used by those who've gone into retreat and aren't caught up in the bustle of day to day life.

Maybe try meditating in a different posture and see what difference that makes after a while?

Edited by Aeran