Sign in to follow this  
Broken Arrow

Greetings! (from a clueless bum.)

Hi everyone.

I have been browsing the forum for a while now and picked up valuable information on a range of topics but I feel like I am playing chess with the cosmos and no matter which move I try to make it has me in checkmate.

Sorry for being so direct in my welcome post but I am clueless as to how I should try to negotiate my way out of this fog. I would've gone into more detail about the circumstances that I believe have led me to this point but I didn't want to overload in my first post. :unsure:

Edited by Broken Arrow

Hello and welcome. You are accepted. Glad to have you as a member and do not doubt for one moment that you are alone in being out played by the cosmos.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome, friend. For what it's worth, in my opinion, a lot of the stuff talked about in places like this board is notoriously overthought. And that's all fine and good - it's kind of fun to put the gears up in your head to work - but every now and again I have that moment - which I somehow trust more than any "master" - where it hits me that there's nothing to get and I'm already there. 

Anyways, hope you find what you're looking for.

Thanks for replying Ell.

Yeah, I totally agree with the overthinking and I like your gears of the mind reference.

Yes my own intuition is what worries me lol. Sometimes I feel like I am just being made to endure an emotional pummelling like a weird cosmic version of a gang initiation ritual and any advice that seems like it will be helpful is just my free falling ego looking for something to clutch on to and believe in (I've always been an idealist :( )

Oh well, I guess we all just have to keep 'carrying our cross' and hope that there are better days ahead.

Thanks for your time my friend.

Edited by Broken Arrow

Sometimes I feel like I am just being made to endure an emotional pummelling like a weird cosmic version of a gang initiation ritual

Perfect description. At times it can really seem like life is a big test being administered to us by the hidden hand.

Perfect description. At times it can really seem like life is a big test being administered to us by the hidden hand.

Thanks for your reply Aetherous. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this way. I guess the follies of modern man and watching the majority of ours peers succumb to self destruction also makes it harder to bear.

Edited by Broken Arrow

Nothing wrong with being check mated.  Good chess is all about the play (and camaraderie of the players).  Starting a new game, moving on,  is a nice release of tension, and returns to a time with much more possibility. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this