Yinja

Bad trip... in a need for some bums wisdom

Sweat, get in a sauna, and eat some heavy grounding foods, like beef.

That being said, some doors  - when kicked open, never seal again properly

What has been seen, can not be 'unseen'...

• Like 2

Sweat, get in a sauna, and eat some heavy grounding foods, like beef.

That being said, some doors  - when kicked open, never seal again properly

What has been seen, can not be 'unseen'...

I agree with this. I had some experiences of the door opening kind as a youngin and while I have healed much of the damage, there are lasting changes.

Often the transformation that comes from such doors opening is not valued in our every day culture. That can make it difficult to utilize it for our own benefit and the benefit of others.

• Like 1

Hey there :)

Doors open and close due to awareness of the door.

You can only dwell on experience after experiencing.

I've learned throughout the years from using psychedelic mushrooms that one of the most important lessons a 'psychonaut' or 'shaman' needs to realize is not to dwell on these 'mystical' experiences.  Because you've entered this 'higher' state of mind, the continual dwelling on the experience continually connects you with this higher state and ungrounds the person.

My advice:

Take a week to contemplate it, but after this stop thinking about it entirely.  It will take quite a while to completely integrate the experience, so dwelling on it is pointless.  And that's fine.  You can focus on other areas of your development.

Edited by kio
  • Like 1

I've had bad water by accident a few times too ;)

I'm going to speak direclty to make it faster:

1: drugs are bad for your health if poorly controlled.

2: nothing good happens after 9 pm

3: empathy is useless if you don't have self control.

Now that we are past that stuff, I want to talk about the really cool stuff that will have us all nerding out for hours.

Recent research trends show that psychedelic drugs such as LSD may actually temporarily dissable the frontal lobe of the brain.  The frontal lobe is basically concerned with tying the activity of the rest of the brain together in a cohesive and logical whole.

Without the frontal lobe, you essentially end up with a mish mash of all of the different functions of the brain going off at the same time, but not being unified.  This explains much of the reason that why when people trip out they tend to see weird primal functions of the brain that are present in lesser evolved mamals such as cats, but not in humans (IE: deeply ingrained instinctual traits used for killing and avoiding being killed).  This also explains why psychedelic drugs trip us out so hard.. our brains literally stop making sense while we are high. 

The issue of course is that the left and right side of the brain are still sorting out information coming to them and there is still some capacity for logic.  It is just that the logic is badly impaired by the lack of function of the frontal lobe.

Taking this into account, if you aren't ready to have this function stolen from you for the duration on a trip, it can be a profoundly jarring experience and may be quite difficult to explain to yourself afterward.   This can lead to PTSD symptoms, anxiety, flashbacks and other things like night terrors, schizo affective dissorder and even worse.

What you have to do is recognize that what you experienced was caused by the physiological effect of having drunk some bad water and that it doesn't reflect the nature of reality.

Smoking marijiuana will not be a good idea for a few weeks until you bring yourself back to a grounded place emotionally, and you might also consider not drinking alcohol or engaging in stressful activities.

About the women and empathy,

you need to understand that any woman you know is capable of taking care of herself and shouldnt be thought of as helpless or easy to hurt.  Anyone who is easy to hurt, be they male or female needs to sort that out by themselves.  It isn't your job to help people through their neurosis by developing neurosis of your own.

I'm telling you this because I have also been in similar places emotionally and it really is a big waste of your time.   The absolute best thing you can do in your situation right now is focus on achieving positive things in your life, getting experience in various fields, enjoying your time on earth, and when you skills are developed enough, using them to help other people get through the experiences you have already dealt with, but perhaps they haven't.

Also, quit drinking strange water at festivals.

By the way, in a Daoist sense, psychedelics open the mystery gate and revert to the origin.  The problem is that you are reverting to the origin without the use of your frontal lobe and without having entered Wuwei before doing so.

i think it was Mickey O'rourke who said "LSD is like a one man birthday party, you don't get anything if nobody brought any pressence."

Hello again, im glad you came in my time of need some nice things have been said.

Anxiety goes up and down very mild most of the time and sometimes I don't even notice it thanks to your advice.

The main thing causing me suffering is the thought of that I would have to live with this for the rest of my life. trying my best to accept my situation for the moment.

I wonder what is that that would determine if it will be permanent or temporary, my guess is people with more awareness stand a better chance.

Kio-Im going to take your advice as not dwelling on it looks like the way to go but as you said I do need a week or so to think about it before I can let it go completely.

Sillybearhappyhoneyeater- Thank you its nice to get more informed about what im going through. from what you said it sounds like my brain is still not functioning 100% (correct?) how long do you think it can last? Thank you for this excellent info and advice.

I'd like to think that this door can be sealed again but only time will tell there is definitely a positive side to this as well.

Thank you.

Yinja

*This can be an open discussion but you can pm me as well its up to you

*Im sorry for not being active on the forum except from bombing you with questions i just feel like in not far enough along the way to give advice.

*Formulation is not what i had in mind but you will have to excuse me im not all me at the moment.

Hi there :)

A week ago i drank from the WROONGGG water bottle in a festival (I've mistaken it to be alcohol because it had color in it... never mind) and god knows what was in it.

After the bad trip went off then came back with a toke of weed the day after and went down again i thought i was over with it but in the third day i woke up sahking and freezing with anxiety i didn't know exists and paranoia that is hard to ignore. ever since it comes back(a few times even with my pupils getting larger like there is some active stuff inside) every time a take a toke or drink some coffee and it seems that what triggers it the most is other peoples feelings.

I think i somehow like feeling other peoples suffering in some wierd way maybe my need to help.

and i have strong connections especially to girls ive slept with or have some type of strong relations with like my mom friends etc (90% women) 

In ordinary circumstanced i deal with it just fine and even enjoy the intimacy but now it seems to come at me enhanced 100 times stronger which is highly overwhelming.

My questions to you

I'd like very much to hear the bums point of view.

Can a bad trip hurt me for good?

Could it be an anxiety disorder that was buried inside me? (that would surprise me because i thought i have dealt with what down there)

Im a very good observer over my thoughts but find it hard to keep calm when it kicks in what would you recommend to do when it sets in? and basically and helpful piece of advice and words of comfort will be very much appreciated.

Thank you guys once more

Yinja

I've never tripped before... but I do have many friends that have.

What I can tell you is this.... drugs re-wire, or change the neurons and pathways in your brain and entire nervous system.  Any drugs do that.... tylenol, advil, painkillers, weed, cocaine, lsd, etc..  

Cocaine is very bad for your brain, it eats away at brain tissue, and causing holes in peoples skulls on the inside at the base of the brainstem.

I'd chill on the drugs for awhile man.

Drugs, alcohol ....is wrong way to go... Some can say that everything is for people yet, since you want to be cosmic more than human.... It just does not serve

I had simmilar experience to yours but not after taking any kind of drug. It was also related to huge sensivity and connection to women. Sometimes standing few meters from a woman and feeling her really strongly, sometimes looking into one woman eyes on Skype I was so connectedon that I could as if fuck her and she felt it. It lasted some weeks then it just subsided. Not sure it thats what you had experienced but there was a huge anxiety accompanied at times with huge headpains too. Then there was a break through that looked like psychosis and It all just subsided.

I've herd from my guru that some drugs can temporary evoke spiritual experiences

Edited by Kubba