Sign in to follow this  
Goldleaf

Sore, dry eyes means what?!

Hi there,

I just movd to a new area a have sore dry, and irritated eyes when I wake up in the morning. And also, occassional nocturnal emissions. I read with Chinese medicine that bloodshot eyes it can mean Yin Deficiency. But I don't understand why they feel so irritated in the mornnig. I rarely use computers throughout tr day.

Could it be an allergy to something in the bedroom? But I don't want to become a paranoid, worrying about all these things everywhere I sleep! Also, does allergy mean low Wei Qi?

Well the good news is I stay positive and mentally strong throughout this ;))

But bad news is it makes me feel I can't trust my sleep!

I would appreciate some help ;)

Try sleeping somewhere else for a week and see if these problems go away, then return to your new residence. If you get these symptoms again when you return, then it must be something in the room. Perhaps invisible mold. Apparently there are professionals who can clean that kind of stuff...but make sure that's what it is first by sleeping elsewhere. On the other hand, if you sleep somewhere else for a week, and are still having these symptoms, then perhaps it's a problem internally. Or perhaps it's a new detergent you've been using for washing your pillowcase...which you could test by trying a new detergent, as well as a different washing machine, then seeing if it goes away.

Your signs and symptoms could be many different things in Chinese medicine (probably over 10 different types of zangfu patterns)...you won't be successful if you attempt to diagnose yourself. For the nocturnal emissions I would go see a practitioner, although it happening only occasionally isn't too much of a cause for concern.

You are healthy...no need for worrying. And sleep repairs your body, regardless of if you wake up with irritated eyes or not. Ensure that you're staying hydrated by drinking enough water throughout the day.

^ non-professional opinion

Edited by Aetherous

Long shot but B2 deficiency can cause this. Actually is more common than people think unless you eat a ton of organ meats, etc.

Thanks for that Aetherous. Great advice.

Could be b2 deficiency- is b2 in yeast or spinach?

Over 100 view but only two replies. Guess I'm not one the "cool" kids :(

Before getting too exotic I suggest trying different allergy medicines.  It may well be something in the air.  For me its mold.  Thus even in winter for example, I have to keep my car from getting moldy from snow melt warming and wetting the carpeting for long periods.   

You can track which allergens are worse in your area on the internet or many newspapers weather section.  See if there are any correlations to bad days, which ones are your triggers then experiment to find which over the counter medicines work best for you. 

Sometimes the right medicine, taken when the allergens are at there worse is the simplest way to get relief.  Know your body, know what nature is throwing in the air. 

Sign in to follow this