Sign in to follow this  
Aspirin

Just started

Here is a great frame for approaching meditation I was telling my friend about the other day. She kept saying that she needed to find more discipline to meditate and that she was just so lazy about it and this and that. I said, this is the wrong frame. Think of it like this. Meditation is like being kind of broke but you have this one room in your house that is literally filled wall to wall with thick stacks of hundred dollar bills. Or gold bars, I think I said gold bars which are prettier but also inconvenient when you just want to buy a sandwich down the street. Anyway, so you have this room full of money basically, and you are kind of broke. If for some really bizarre reason you were to AVOID going into that room everyday you would not sit around thinking, damn I need to find some discipline to go in there and pick up a wad of cash, or why am I so lazy to open that door and grab a gold bar?

You would probably think What is preventing me from enjoying the abundance I already have in my own home?

How can I overcome these obstacles and give myself permission to simply go within my own room and gather all the riches I need to feel completely satisfied?

Not sure if that is relevant at all, just wanted to tell that story.

Welcome to the forum.

Sean

Here is a great frame for approaching meditation I was telling my friend about the other day. She kept saying that she needed to find more discipline to meditate and that she was just so lazy about it and this and that. I said, this is the wrong frame. Think of it like this. Meditation is like being kind of broke but you have this one room in your house that is literally filled wall to wall with thick stacks of hundred dollar bills. Or gold bars, I think I said gold bars which are prettier but also inconvenient when you just want to buy a sandwich down the street. Anyway, so you have this room full of money basically, and you are kind of broke. If for some really bizarre reason you were to AVOID going into that room everyday you would not sit around thinking, damn I need to find some discipline to go in there and pick up a wad of cash, or why am I so lazy to open that door and grab a gold bar?

You would probably think What is preventing me from enjoying the abundance I already have in my own home?

How can I overcome these obstacles and give myself permission to simply go within my own room and gather all the riches I need to feel completely satisfied?

Not sure if that is relevant at all, just wanted to tell that story.

Welcome to the forum.

Sean

nice, sean!

and welcome to the forum, aspirin!

Welcome.

Sean that is an awesome analogy.

What is the discipline that keeps us returning to such a mundane practice?

Try to hold on to the feelings durring and after great meditation sessions, and find inspiration from people who have practiced for 60 years and soak up their incrdible vibe.

Sign in to follow this