Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

healing practices

Here's a John DuCane thought on healing others. It made me think that one of my first exposures to chikung type practices was a healing one where the "healer" puts one hand on another's jade pillow and the other hand on their sacrum and simply allow energy to flow.

I'm surprised how few times I've done this drill in my life given the fact that it's always very easy, fun, and powerful. I'm surprised that we don't read many posts along these lines either. Perhaps it's an intimacy thing. Don't know.

http://www.dragondoor.com/qigong/news/

-Yoda

I'm glad you started this post. It is remarkable that we talk so little about Healing, in both theory in practice.

The laying on of hands crosses wide swaths of culture. In Ki-Aikido, we had Kiatsu, which as I understand has evolved from hard finger pressure (painful) along muscle lines, to a lighter energy touch.

I find it interesting in Qaballic healing it is important that the healer does not intend to heal. He is just there, laying on hands with no intent. Hmmn, getting out of there ego's way? or more of a thy will and power not my own?

Peace

Michael

In Ki-Aikido, we had Kiatsu, which as I understand has evolved from hard finger pressure (painful) along muscle lines, to a lighter energy touch.

2510[/snapback]

When I lived in Japan there was a taikyoken/kikoho (tai chi/qi gong) class that used a community center before one of my budo training groups. If you came in complaining of anything from a cold to a hangover or just being tired, some of those students would say "We fix, we fix, lay down". They would then procede to drive fingers, elbows, and knees with full body weight behind them into your kyusho. The principle seemed to be cause excruciating pain somewhere else so that the patient forgets what ails them in the first place. After a while it seemed to work. <_<

I find it interesting in Qaballic healing it is important that the healer does not intend to heal.  He is just there, laying on hands with no intent.  Hmmn, getting out of there ego's way? or more of a thy will and power not my own?

2510[/snapback]

Sounds like Reiki to me.

Michael, thanks for mentioning that-- the technique that I've used in the past follows the zen model of practice--no intention of healing, enlightening, or anything... just set up the circuit and the two energy bodies will begin to communicate and balance each other automatically.

When I lived in Japan there was a taikyoken/kikoho (tai chi/qi gong) class that used a community center before one of my budo training groups. If you came in complaining of anything from a cold to a hangover or just being tired, some of those students would say "We fix, we fix, lay down". They would then procede to drive fingers, elbows, and knees with full body weight behind them into your kyusho. The principle seemed to be cause excruciating pain somewhere else so that the patient forgets what ails them in the first place. After a while it seemed to work.  <_<

Sounds like Reiki to me.

2528[/snapback]

Tenqzake, you are describing my old Sensei's use of 'old fashioned' Kiatsu. I've been hit many times and it never felt as painful as his Kiatsu sessions ;0 . Part of it had to be some sort of endorphin release after he was done. Again he was old school, its since lightened up a good deal.

Ron recommended a pressure point book that looked quite good. I'm fine, but I regularly use some of Anne Wises Healing Guided Meditations. I don't know how effective they are, but they feel really good.

Peace

Michael

Sign in to follow this