Sign in to follow this  
Oneironaut

A quick question about herbal supplements.

Is it okay to mix herbal supplements together? I know with western medicine mixing things causes complications and can be quite disastrous or lethal. I'm just wondering if herbs (exclusively) are subject to the same limitations. I'm not on any medications by the way.

Edited by Oneironaut

You need to know what you are doing. Please, don't try to mix herbs randomly or you'll hurt yourself.

Western drugs are worse. I wouldn't touch any of them with a 10 m pole.

What are you trying to do? Have you considered visiting a TCM herbalist for diagnosis and a formulation for any internal imbalance?

Best! :)

• Like 3

I'd agree - it's easy to think of them as innocuous because they're "natural," but my recent experimentation has shown me that experimenting randomly with herbs can have nasty results.

In most cases, no problem. I always  try drinking different herbs / different combinations of  herbs in order to  test how true about them are written in the books . And I  still survive  here to talk with you guys .  The key is you know the herbs well ; another key is  the dose you drink  : most  herbs under 3 grams for adults are  always  no big problem..

Edited by exorcist_1699

Sign in to follow this