3bob

who is tired of all this crap?

like the daily news most of which is not good to horrific although with some redeeming aspects.

I'm getting dam tired of dealing with the worldly affairs since high school in the early 70's, in other words making a living is killing me - how about you?  (and forget about retiring to the jungle like various Buddhas once did and lived off the bounty of nature (or by begging which householders do not do) since that is more or less impossible in this day and age!)

• Like 2

Yeah, I got tired of it long ago.  I don't listen to radio or TV news any more.  The internet is now my only source.  And what I look at is very selective.

• Like 8

Feel free to give up the media entirely - "news", "entertainment", etc, etc.

It's just "programming".

And those "classic" but more or less impossible things are very possible, even today.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 5

They sell a "positive news" only newspaper in certain places over here.. hardly anyone buys it.

Yeah, I heard about one recently.  It went bankrupt within a year.

• Like 1

like the daily news most of which is not good to horrific although with some redeeming aspects.

I'm getting dam tired of dealing with the worldly affairs since high school in the early 70's, in other words making a living is killing me - how about you?  (and forget about retiring to the jungle like various Buddhas once did and lived off the bounty of nature (or by begging which householders do not do) since that is more or less impossible in this day and age!)

Do something you want to do rather than something you think you have to do. If you don't know what to do, then do nothing at all, then it will come to you what has to be done is quite different to what you think must be done.

• Like 5

I'm getting dam tired of dealing with the worldly affairs since high school in the early 70's, in other words making a living is killing me - how about you? (and forget about retiring to the jungle like various Buddhas once did and lived off the bounty of nature (or by begging which householders do not do) since that is more or less impossible in this day and age!)

I just spent two days stage assisiting an NHS convention (England's public healthcare) Two days straight of buraeucratic nonsense.

Considering I just had chairs to move at the beginning and end of each sessions and hand over a few microphones, I was subjected to watching the most boring and counterproductive debates.

"Think of the money" I hear in my head.

No, sorry. I'd rather have my soul than work for bills.

My only exit strategy right now is to become a militant and take out bad guys. Wanna join? :)

• Like 1

They sell a "positive news" only newspaper in certain places over here.. hardly anyone buys it.

Amazing.

Fuck 'em. Let them sit in their misery :P

When you turn on the TV and your facebook and what everyone seems to get all riled up about is wether or not someone deflated a football, and when you turn on a presidential debate and feel like your looking at paid actors, to me its both humorous and a bit scary.. Humorous because of the absurdity of it all. Scary  for the fact that people will get so riled up over these super duper important issues they will say almost anything to defend their positions. I have tried my best to not get too caught up in these things, I really think its bad for mental/physical health.

Edited by bax44
  • Like 2

When you turn on the TV and your facebook and what everyone seems to get all riled up about is wether or not someone deflated a football, and when you turn on a presidential debate and feel like your looking at paid actors, to me its both humorous and a bit scary.. Humorous because of the absurdity of it all. Scary for the fact that people will get so riled up over these super duper important issues they will say almost anything to defend their positions. I have tried my best to not get too caught up in these things, I really think its bad for mental/physical health.

+1

I'm not alone!! Yay! :D

• Like 2

yea Karl anyone can do what they want to do and then maybe land in the slammer, see their  kids in custody of the state and maybe themselves  standing in the soup lines at the local holy roller missions... but in a way I agree with you, although such an idea taken out of context of worldly needs and issues and certain other things that have to be dealt with realistically is something a person with no commitment's or responsibilities does - aka a slacker who is often living on or off someone else's dime. 

For me, it is not possible because I get dreams about world events.  Hehehehehe  :)  I want to contribute to promote peace as much as I can.  I can't do that if I am shut off from the real world.  I consider my enlightened and to have achieved certain level of realization.  So, I believe that my wisdom and understanding, hopefully, can illuminate years of ignorance and darkness..with a single thought.  That's the power of the Dharma wisdom after all. 

yea Karl anyone can do what they want to do and then maybe land in the slammer, see their  kids in custody of the state and maybe themselves  standing in the soup lines at the local holy roller missions... but in a way I agree with you, although such an idea taken out of context of worldly needs and issues and certain other things that have to be dealt with realistically is something a person with no commitment's or responsibilities does - aka a slacker who is often living on or off someone else's dime. 

You can't have it all ways. If you are just grousing well that's fine, but if you are at the end of your tether then that needs a specific rethink. Do something that you want to do means you might need to adjust your lifestyle to a lower standard of living-it could happen anyway with a sudden illness or accident.

As I said, if you can't think of what you want then do nothing until it becomes imperative that you do something. I'm not suggesting dropping out, just a hiatus until you can figure out what you would prefer. Doing something that you enjoy isn't work, but it might take a while to establish the new career. If you have support during that time then it's easier, but everybody is in different circumstances, it might require you to cut your hours, go part time or find a less time dependent job to make some income.

Grousing is one thing, but a life of working misery isn't necessarily your destiny. There are no guarantees you will achieve anything and you might end up poorer for it, but, essentially, if you already have your skill sets, experience and good references you can always pick up the old career again.

That's my 2 cents worth. Something to ponder that's all. I'm certainly not going to be your life coach-well not for free anyway :-)

My only exit strategy right now is to become a militant and take out bad guys. Wanna join? :)

Sure. I've always liked the idea of being a vigilante.

Not sure what skills I can offer. I've been practising my tuck and roll recently...that seems quite important in gun fights..

• Like 2

I don't own a tv

I went without one for about 10 years... and then back to it.. and just stopped my cable a few weeks ago.  

BTW: In the last 15 years, I've not had a working car radio... I can't really understand why one needs such 'noise'.

What I have found over the years is that the absence of this 'entertainment' noise has brought some kind of more social and natural voice. 

• Like 5

S.O.G., I remember that false prophet being that I was a child of the 60's myself.

False ? !   Hey!   I did it and  ....

...    it worked ! 

(  " location, location "  )

• Like 1

When you turn on the TV and your facebook and what everyone seems to get all riled up about is wether or not someone deflated a football, and when you turn on a presidential debate and feel like your looking at paid actors, to me its both humorous and a bit scary.. Humorous because of the absurdity of it all. Scary  for the fact that people will get so riled up over these super duper important issues they will say almost anything to defend their positions. I have tried my best to not get too caught up in these things, I really think its bad for mental/physical health.

I'm right in the thick of the adult-men-yelling-at-each-other-over-air-pressure-in-balls storm and it's been a nightmare for literally six months straight. Everywhere you turn. Sometimes it feels like I'm in a strange dream.

On a more serious note, the positive newspapers going out of business is scary, but what's more scary is if you're one that believes that people seek out reflections of what they feel inside...

• Like 1

Sure. I've always liked the idea of being a vigilante.

Not sure what skills I can offer. I've been practising my tuck and roll recently...that seems quite important in gun fights..

Shooting straight under pressure is more useful I would think in a gunfight, certainly second to having a loaded, working and accurate weapon and being able to use it.

It's one of the skills I would like to learn and if it wasn't such an onerous process in the UK then I would definitely have a gun. I think it's important to know how to defend yourself should the need arise. We do like to go on about our lack of gun 'culture' over here, but when the TV shows pictures of fragile old people raped, then beaten half to death in their own homes, I can't help thinking they would have been safer with a weapon. I thought the same when all those tourists were shot on the beach in Tunisia-fish in a barrel-the gunman didn't care about gun laws except that it made him powerful and the rest defenceless victims.

• Like 1

This actually ties in a little with something I was just about to post.

My grandmother and a neighbor I have worked for both watch the news. In my grandmother's case, it is during supper. I have gotten to the point where I simply don't understand how she can do it. Advertisements for erectile dysfunction, with a long list of side effects, and numberless cases of ego on ego violence. With a dash of some corporate agenda thrown in.

Americans do not understand (hell I don't think many in this forums understand) that you eat not only your food, but whatsoever it is you are focused on. The energy in the food when it was harvested or killed. The energy of others in the room (like my grandma's constant complaining about how she can't chew something and the stress between her and my mom.) All that (mostly) negative energy is getting digested right with your food! And you wonder how you get cancer, yet some smokers go their whole lives with no ill effects.

So yeah, I don't watch the news. But guess what? It is not enough! Facebook probably did me a favor essentially locking me out of my account, because now I don't get bombarded with constant family drama. I stopped subscribing to the newsletters of various petitions, stopped my involvement, because I realized something recently.

All this stuff is doing one thing, getting you focused on what you do not want. Maybe the LoA stuff is all garbage like some here seem to think. But throw that out, and how you feel is a part of the equation. Does it feel good to hear about how Monsanto is doing this or that, and you need to sign this petition to stop it? Hell no!

If LoA is true, then you have the additional issue of focus, and you are solidly focused, 99.9% of the time, on the problem, not its solution, on what you don't want, not on what you want. Maybe monks don't go into the forests and jungles anymore. But maybe you need to, even more so today, just to get away from all this stuff that is keeping you from placing your focus where you want. Maybe we all need blinders, and going to live in a cave somewhere is one way to get them.

You can't just ignore it, because even if your conscious attention is taken away, your mind is still processing it outside a conscious level. If everything is all illusion anyway, why in the world would I want to waste my time in an illusion that disempowers and hurts me?

Reality is defined at a societal level through the media. Everyone tells you how the world is, and that is how the world is, according to them and every source they are parroting. Humanity is nothing more than a huge collection of parrots, repeating over and over again the things they have heard or seen, and calling this reality.

The only way to experience a different reality is to stop giving energy, in the form of your belief and focus, into the current reality. Like some old viewfinder, you have to select the next picture and leave the previous one behind. The only way to even begin to do that is to throw away the news. So throw it out!

Reality is not real just because you can go outside and prove it. If you believe something strongly enough, especially if others believe it too, proof is easy to find. But this proof only proves that this version of reality exists. It does not prove, in any form, manner or shape, that no other version of reality exists.

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 4

One concept I find incredibly useful when it comes to this stuff is Soul Maturity.  Here's a good summary of the different ages:

http://www.michaelteachings.com/soul_ages.html

We don't get upset when we see children playing their silly little games.  Neither should we get upset when we read the news and see less mature adults behaving in ways that are less than mature.  We despair if we let their behaviour reflect on ourselves.  Though we may not realise it, we only desair when we start to think: 'this is humanity, I am a human.  Is this all there is to me?'

Just let the children of the world be children, and be at peace in yourself!  Don't expect physically matured adults to be psychologically or spiritualy mature as well.

• Like 1

One concept I find incredibly useful when it comes to this stuff is Soul Maturity.  Here's a good summary of the different ages:

http://www.michaelteachings.com/soul_ages.html

We don't get upset when we see children playing their silly little games.  Neither should we get upset when we read the news and see less mature adults behaving in ways that are less than mature.  We despair if we let their behaviour reflect on ourselves.  Though we may not realise it, we only desair when we start to think: 'this is humanity, I am a human.  Is this all there is to me?'

Just let the children of the world be children, and be at peace in yourself!  Don't expect physically matured adults to be psychologically or spiritualy mature as well.

I'm more bound by reality here than in 'souls', but it is true that the older we become, the greater chance that we have acquired wisdom. I have heard it said more than once that no politician should be under the age of 55 for men. This is the age of declining testosterone and a goodly lifetime of hard knocks-women, wealth and power are generally not priorities anymore-the ego has settled to a life of less demand.

It is said that it is the opposite for women. Declining estrogen makes them more egotistical. It's where we see the Hilary Clintons and Margret Thatchers and many will over compensate particularly amongs, young, ambitious men below the 55 bracket.

Of course that's a lot of generalising, because many older men still hanker after youth, ambition, money and power like an addiction. They have spent so much time at their craft they no little else and haven't matured even into their 70s.