Sign in to follow this  
Henchman21

Making your own tonic potion

Hunting season approaches in WI and I was considering a deer penis tonic potion. Or if a youngish male should even need one. And how to ask my hunting buddy to cut off the buck's duck (quack!) before it dies.

You slice it in long strips and soak it in alcohol for a few weeks then imbibe 10ml every morning first thing.

My gut tells me I should only imbibe tcm herbs if prescribed from a knowledgeable herbalist/acupuncturist. It also says that if I'm serious about this I should probably go hunt it myself.

"Under TCM it must be extracted from the deer whilst still alive, then roasted, dried and preserved while the deer looks on." - from this source

:(

I've heard if you're young, stay away from yang tonics, unless you're sickly you don't need them, and if you are sickly a more balanced tonic might be better.   The saying was something like if you use them at 30, what will you use at 60?

also

There are so many yang tonics out there.  Why mess with one that seems.. overly cruel.   Can't help but think there's a bit of dark ..(magic) in its creation, a touch of torture, at least in the source Aetherous refers too.   I believe places that use deer antler often get it without killing them. 

With so many other choices available, it wouldn't be my cup or dropperful of tonic.

FWIW at 50 I'm taking some Pine Pollen tincture.  seems good.  we have a thread on it.

Edited by thelerner

Sign in to follow this