Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

I GOT DREAMZ

Haha SoundCloud! I was on there, a loooooooong time ago.

I checked out your song. I thought it might go in a different direction until it'd finished loading up.

My honest opinion, there were weak points if we want to take it as a serious piece of music, but as an outlet I thought it was pretty awesome. Some parts were really well written, and sometimes your flow would throw a little surprise in and make me grin. BTW did you wear a white top when you recorded this?

Haha SoundCloud! I was on there, a loooooooong time ago.

I checked out your song. I thought it might go in a different direction until it'd finished loading up.

My honest opinion, there were weak points if we want to take it as a serious piece of music, but as an outlet I thought it was pretty awesome. Some parts were really well written, and sometimes your flow would throw a little surprise in and make me grin. BTW did you wear a white top when you recorded this?

Thanks a lot for the awesome feedback! This was a Freestyle, I recorded this on my iPhone and this is for therapeutic purposes. Did you have anything you can share with me? I have other song on YouTube - www.youtube.com/karmicdrifters - I'd love to hear your stuff sometime. Hope you're well. Thanks a lot for checking my stuff out. 

I asked myself if it was a freestyle, but thought it came together too well to be completely improvised...If that's the case, not bad at all!

Thanks! Appreciate it. May I hear your stuff? 

Haha...that was a long time ago. I moved on from music and got more into voice acting. Haven't done any of that for a few years either.

That's really cool! Any suggestions on how to improve ones voice, or to get more comfortable with ones voice?

That's really cool! Any suggestions on how to improve ones voice, or to get more comfortable with ones voice?

Well, I'm not a voice coach..and I have zero natural talent, haha. It took a lot of practice when I had that motivation as a teen.

To be a good singer, or good with your voice in general, you have to be a good actor (really get into the role). Confidence is key, do not feel disheartened when you listen back a week later and don't feel the same about the work.

Also, the genre you're expressing yourself through is a hard one to get serious about...as rap comes with a certain image to be portrayed. While working towards a dream is great, it's important that we find what we're more naturally inclined to. So finding your own style that suits your particular voice is crucial.

Whereas it will be hard to go far in the hiphop world, I'd like to hear you using that unusual flow in some kind of spoken word. The emotion that youre putting into it will come out better this way (I feel). Don't let that stop you from rapping, but try to meet somewhere in the middle of rap and poetry..or a mix of both.

As for the voice, it will relax and open with confidence and practice. Play around with different sounds and feel how they form via your throat/mouth/facial muscles. Find somewhere that youre able to blast it with 110% of your effort...until you literally have to stop because your chords are over strained. Even putting yourself into situations outside your comfort zone can help little by little...public speaking etc.

Keep doing what youre doing. Write it, record it, perfect it...plan it thoroughly and above all BE in that moment with every word.

Sign in to follow this