Taoists seek to fix that -- via personal effort and participation, or via withholding effort and participation, depending on the situation.  Wish us luck.   :)     

If you want, I'll show you the way of the Tao in my heart time travelers? There is a time machine. For you have the time, and this is a big problem. When erased the boundaries of time, then the Tao begins to appear clearly on the stairs infinity and we will enter you in the palace of G-d.

• Like 1

If you want, I'll show you the way of the Tao in my heart time travelers? There is a time machine. For you have the time, and this is a big problem. When erased the boundaries of time, then the Tao begins to appear clearly on the stairs infinity and we will enter you in the palace of G-d.

Well, of course I'm curious. 

• Like 1

Funny. I started reading religion and then philosophy, not to become something other than what I was, but to be able to define who and what I was.

Same here. Zen and the Bible, which invariably led to Kant, which led to Hume, Locke, Leibniz, Spinoza, Hegel, and all their fine friends.

But who has time for all these guys anyways. Theyve barely a peep about managing the meridians in there!

8)

• Like 1

Same here. Zen and the Bible, which invariably led to Kant, which led to Hume, Locke, Leibniz, Spinoza, Hegel, and all their fine friends.

But who has time for all these guys anyways. Theyve barely a peep about managing the meridians in there!

8)

They all taste like chicken to me.

• Like 2

But who has time for all these guys anyways. They barely a peep about managing the meridians in there!

8)

Hehehe.  No, we won't find much about alchemy in the writings of those you mentioned above.

I'm pretty sure we could have a good philosophical discussion concerning the subjectivity of that video but for the moment I have nothing to say.

Well, except for:

The first half of the video reminded me of Norman Blake.

Norman is considered an Americana musical artist and is often seen at Bluegrass festivals.  He plays many instruments, best known for his flatback guitar, but I think his first love is the Celtic fiddle.  On occasion his wife, Nancy, will accompany him on the cello.  Many Bluegrass fans run and hide when she comes out with her cello.

• Like 1

I thought that Sartre held to the idea of always 'becoming' something (such that you cannot say I am this or that as it could change tomorrow)...

I'm not sure 'becoming' is the way to think of Sartres view, since the idea of becoming implies that there is a future state that must emerge or is always emerging, which implies a kind of inherent potential.

But, Sartre suggests that our essence is exhausted in each moment with nothing left over--no potential hiding out behind the scenes. I think that is part of what defines the existentialism--everything is what it is in full suchness.

There is a parallel with Buddhism here.

Consciousness itself is never constrained as its essence is nothingness. Therein lies freedom. Change reflects the velocity of conscious intent revealing this or that dimension of the suchness of being.

Just some thoughts, rehashed from older thoughts lol.

8)

• Like 2

So many names droppings,many new to the ear.

Where do you find the time?

Buddha wrote nothing,his words still have reached through the ages.

Much wonder and understanding still to come,with this just one philosophy.

There is a parallel with Buddhism here.

Well, if there really is a parallel between Sartre and Buddhism its no wonder I could read Sartre.  I couldn't read Buddhism either.

Edited by Marblehead

I'd just propose the chat room... set a day and time and let folks come if they want... I'm curious too :)

On Sunday 23 of Paris want?

• Like 1

On Sunday 23 of Paris want?

That would be a great start to the time travel aspect if your talking about meeting on sunday Aug 23 (about 10 days) ago :)

Not sure how to interpret this and what you mean by Paris.

That would be a great start to the time travel aspect if your talking about meeting on sunday Aug 23 (about 10 days) ago :)

Maybe 'Paris' is some geometric point in space where Paris will be on only one Sunday which is the 23rd.

I mean CET.I mixed up the dates. On Sunday September 6th.

Edited by Lois

I have always enjoyed Paris whenever I had the chance to go there.

I can't go there now because I don't have a passport.  Oh well.