Sign in to follow this  
Taomeow

Someone said thanks for something but I don't know who and for what

For two days in a row, that little icon on the top right that shows when you get "thank you" comments does show the little red square with the number, but when I click on it, it opens to a blank field with the "wait" wheel rotating therein.  The wait then proves futile and nothing further happens except that the red square disappears.  If later another one appears, same deal with that.  Please advise. :)

• Like 1

For two days in a row, that little icon on the top right that shows when you get "thank you" comments does show the little red square with the number, but when I click on it, it opens to a blank field with the "wait" wheel rotating therein. The wait then proves futile and nothing further happens except that the red square disappears. If later another one appears, same deal with that. Please advise. :)

Occasionally, the forum's notification drop-down struggles. Seems to be for several reasons and always corrects itself eventually. A work-around is to right-click on the icon -- you should then be able to open the complete Notifications list in a separate tab or window.

Or maybe it's from Huangzi...

• Like 5

Occasionally, the forum's notification drop-down struggles. Seems to be for several reasons and always corrects itself eventually. A work-around is to right-click on the icon -- you should then be able to open the complete Notifications list in a separate tab or window.

Or maybe it's from Huangzi...

Indeed, right-clicking did it.  Thank you, Brian.

Had to look up Huangzi although I guessed you meant Zhuangzi, who indeed seemed to be OK with my humble opinion of his zhi -- a new butterfly showed up today for our regular Friday taiji practice.  I think I mentioned the Yellow Emperor, whom we sometimes also call General because he seems to dispatch marching orders, who always shows up for the Friday practice, and by "always" I mean, two years in a row.  But this time he was accompanied by a white butterfly that almost landed on the tip of my sword!  So I thought of ZZ, of course.  I'll be delighted if he makes a habit of it too.

Huangzi also existed, per my search, and was a musician.  :)

Indeed, right-clicking did it. Thank you, Brian.

Had to look up Huangzi although I guessed you meant Zhuangzi, who indeed seemed to be OK with my humble opinion of his zhi -- a new butterfly showed up today for our regular Friday taiji practice. I think I mentioned the Yellow Emperor, whom we sometimes also call General because he seems to dispatch marching orders, who always shows up for the Friday practice, and by "always" I mean, two years in a row. But this time he was accompanied by a white butterfly that almost landed on the tip of my sword! So I thought of ZZ, of course. I'll be delighted if he makes a habit of it too.

Huangzi also existed, per my search, and was a musician. :)

Oops! Typo on my part. Stupid smartphone kept "correcting" it to "Guangdong" but I was trying to type "Huangdi." When I finally got it to leave me alone, I fat-fingered it...
  • Like 1

Brian,  that must have been one of those synchronicity-driven typos, since both Huangdi and Zhuangzi were on my mind because of the butterflies.   You just combined them.  :)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

For two days in a row, that little icon on the top right that shows when you get "thank you" comments does show the little red square with the number, but when I click on it, it opens to a blank field with the "wait" wheel rotating therein.  The wait then proves futile and nothing further happens except that the red square disappears.  If later another one appears, same deal with that.  Please advise. :)

Same here for the last three days. It hasn't happened before.

• Like 1

Same here for the last three days. It hasn't happened before.

Ah, sorry it's happening to you too! -- but what a relief to know I wasn't a focused target of some technogoblins! :)

• Like 1

I posted an explanation (with a reference to thanking ghosts), but after I hit the post button, it just vanished! No kidding.

Oh, I see.  One of my ghostbuster talismans must have censored it out.  Sorry about that.  They sometimes go above and beyond.   

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this