Sign in to follow this  
Immortal

Pyrokinesis

I have viewed a couple of the videos from lama dorje and john chang and I found them to be quite interesting. To most who do not understand the esoteric laws of the universe it can be hard to believe. I was first exposed to these kinds of siddhis by reading some of Autobiography of a Yogi by Yogananda.

I thought it was a great book, but of course, us western students would like to see such things. I found a great video which I don't think has been posted before on a qigong master using the fire element for healing, in parapsychology called pyrokinesis.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=57...h&plindex=0

This video actually shows and infrared video of the masters hands during the demonstration, it's quite amazing, you cannot doubt the validity of this. Even though the john chang and lama dorje vidoes are great there is no scientific equipment that could measure their power (even though they tried in the John Chang video).

I would like to see some of the nei kung masters on gas discharge visualization or kirlian based imagery.

Enjoy.

This video actually shows and infrared video of the masters hands during the demonstration, it's quite amazing, you cannot doubt the validity of this. Even though the john chang and lama dorje vidoes are great there is no scientific equipment that could measure their power (even though they tried in the John Chang video).
Sure you can.

Let's say his "water" is really just a diluted solution with a chemical reactant that creates an exothermic reaction when combined with the aluminum foil. Wa-la. Now, the damp "packages" will exude a lot of heat as everything comes in contact with each other. And as he rolls these wads in his hands, the reaction accelerates and more heat transfers to his palms, as well. So, on the thermal-imaging camera...you see heat from both the wads and his palms. Of course, the source is really from the chemical reaction in the wads...not qi from his hands.

Now, unless Ripley's supplied all the materials here, I think this is a very reasonable allegation.

I mean, if he really had so much qi...why even use aluminum foil and soaked paper towels to begin with??? I don't know of any other qi healers who do that?!

As for the "qing-gong" demo - let's say he weighed only about 60 kgs at the time. Perhaps the paper was just thick enough to support that weight?

I am not claiming this guy is a demonstrable fraud...and if some people got healing benefit from him, great...I am just certainly far from convinced that these demos are legit, either. I'm sure he may still be a nice guy and all, but just to be perfectly honest...I would bet money that these are parlor tricks. :(

Sure you can.

Let's say his "water" is really just a diluted solution with a chemical reactant that creates an exothermic reaction when combined with the aluminum foil. Wa-la. Now, the damp "packages" will exude a lot of heat as everything comes in contact with each other. And as he rolls these wads in his hands, the reaction accelerates and more heat transfers to his palms, as well. So, on the thermal-imaging camera...you see heat from both the wads and his palms. Of course, the source is really from the chemical reaction in the wads...not qi from his hands.

Now, unless Ripley's supplied all the materials here, I think this is a very reasonable allegation.

I mean, if he really had so much qi...why even use aluminum foil and soaked paper towels to begin with??? I don't know of any other qi healers who do that?!

As for the "qing-gong" demo - let's say he weighed only about 60 kgs at the time. Perhaps the paper was just thick enough to support that weight?

I am not claiming this guy is a demonstrable fraud...and if some people got healing benefit from him, great...I am just certainly far from convinced that these demos are legit, either. I'm sure he may still be a nice guy and all, but just to be perfectly honest...I would bet money that these are parlor tricks. :(

ya its quite possible it is a trick, but in the film the center of his palm is scalding hot, he should have suffered much pain from that, but I can see no sign of any damage or blisters.

Also see the harvard study done on a similar practice.. the monks were able to get to 120*F in this study

http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/04.18/09-tummo.html

Edited by mwight

I was just about to say that, it's unlikely that his palm would have been 202 f and he would have not been in some sort of discomfort. Yes it could be some sort of chemical reaction, but 202 f would be very very hot to the touch.

I do have to admit the foil and paper towels to seem suspicious, not to mention unorthodox for a tcm healer.

Edited by Immortal

I have viewed a couple of the videos from lama dorje and john chang and I found them to be quite interesting. To most who do not understand the esoteric laws of the universe it can be hard to believe. I was first exposed to these kinds of siddhis by reading some of Autobiography of a Yogi by Yogananda.

I thought it was a great book, but of course, us western students would like to see such things. I found a great video which I don't think has been posted before on a qigong master using the fire element for healing, in parapsychology called pyrokinesis.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=57...h&plindex=0

I would like to see some of the nei kung masters on gas discharge visualization or kirlian based imagery.

Enjoy.

This video actually shows and infrared video of the masters hands during the demonstration, it's quite amazing, you cannot doubt the validity of this.

Well, I actually talked to someone who visited him. After the treatment the Master left the room, he tasted chamicals. At the next visit he brought his own towel, alu foil, but the Master would not prepare in front of him or do healing without the towel and foil. I don't know really what to think. This story comes from a Qi gong practicioner.

Julius

IMO John Changs introduction to the west lighting things on fire was probably good for a select few and fun but not really that productive.

I mean, it's the kind of situation where you have people like David Shen's students at the foundationforum that got interested in him and then that led them into comtemplation.

So, that was the good that came from it is your have some amercian and european students meditating 4 hrs a day and studying with David Shen.

With Sifu Max, it's not like he showed all that much. The stuff he shows throwing Kan is stuff you see at the seminar anyway. It's fun to watch but Max's talent for helping people open spiritually is such that any sort of external display of power sort of pales in comparison.

I mean, yes it is entertaining, but if Max suddenly lit a newspaper on fire in front of me that wouldn't impress me nearly as much as the little bit of central channel and heart opening after meeting him.

Not even to speak of connecting with "Higher Self" which I find much more interesting than any displays of power.

Connecting with THE ALL is what it's all about. I honestly don't see how some dudes like Buddy(who I highly respect) even feel the need to critisize other paths. You have found your path and teacher great, let other people find theres.

Connecting with THE ALL is what it's all about. I honestly don't see how some dudes like Buddy(who I highly respect) even feel the need to critisize other paths. You have found your path and teacher great, let other people find theres.

I think sometimes when you find something that works you want to share it with other people. Kinda like you and Sifu Max (no disrespect intended). But what works for one person does not necessarily work for another. We all need to find our own paths.

I don't think I have ever ciritisized any one elses path on taobums.

I don't think I have done it a single time in 3 years.

This well known movie also has to do with pyrokinesis .. the guy heats up animals in a zoo from a distance so they get more relaxed and become easier to work with.

I found it fitting in the context.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=SXsFndVCjMk

Well this all has to do with heat, anyone have info on cryokinesis ?

I don't think I have ever ciritisized any one elses path on taobums.

I don't think I have done it a single time in 3 years.

I wasn't saying that you had. Please don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say. I just meant that people generally want to share what works for them. It's kind of like me trying to share with my family, but they just don't get it.

I certainly don't understand the need to criticize someone elses path. Sometimes I think it comes from insecurity or defensiveness. Some people just can't consider that any other paths are equally valid.

Either way - my comment wasn't a knock on you. Sorry if you took it that way.

If Ripley's provided all the materials, and inspected them later as the video header states, it seems legit to me. The guy needs to contact the "Amazing Randy", not Ripley's.

:D

Sign in to follow this