Hi,

firstly I'd like to say that I'm glad that I've found this place, it's filled with lots of information and good (and not so good) people

Before I go into telling the story I'd like to state my goal first, which is finding evidence that this force within really exists (chi, qi, life force) whichever term works for you, but I have no idea what I'm doing so any input is highly appreciated.

1. journeys out of the body robert monroe

http://www.amazon.com/Journeys-Out-Body-Robert-Monroe/dp/0385008619

I started out with this book, the author seemed like a pragmatic man (not too crazy) so I said, why not give it a try.

The method he describes there is pretty simple, you relax, close your eyes, stay on your back with your head direction north (would be nice to find out why exactly north but..), then you focus your attention above your eyes, about where your hands would be if you'd stretch them out, and after a while you move your attention somewhere above your head (I'd say where you crown chakra is but I'm not sure) and wait for a miracle to happen.

didn't have any success with this, but I'm still trying from time to time

I'm also playing with this

2. John Chang (Mo Pai)

http://spiritualteachers.proboards.com/thread/1320

I tried to do what that guy said there for the first level for about a month, and realized that there's no way that I can empty my mind just like that, so I'm doing something different right now. I'm sitting in half lotus, breathing in through the nose, "forcing" in as much air as I can, until I reach a point that I feel some kind of pressure around that point where the lower dantien (I meant to say solar plexus) is supposed to be, and when breathing out I'm pulling in my stomach and huiyin (perineum) until I fell the pressure in the same place.

I like this more then just trying to empty your mind because, I have a point at which to focus and the second one is after a while of doing this kind of breathing I transpire a lot but only in that region (around the abdomen and lower back) which is a good sign, right ?

3. Opening the Dragon Gate: The Making of a modern Taoist Wizard

I stopped reading this one after I saw that you have to be able to sit in full lotus for at least 4 hours (which took that guy around half a year to achieve), and I'm only able to do half lotus for ~2 hours max, and even that feels like torture

What do you guys think ? (I'm sorry that I've made you read all that)

Edited by vrihlea

First let me say that any single method won't work for everyone.  We test different methods and select and work with the one that does us the most good.

Empty-minded meditation is not easily grasped but it is the method I use and it works well for me.  I would suggest working with a more simple meditation method for a while and then once you get comfortable with that go back to empty-minded meditation and get it another try.

I will let others speak to other items you spoke to.

• Like 1

I would like to encourage you to be cautious as you explore. I have been told that certain methods of astral projection can cause damage, such as where the higher bodies anchor into the lower body. I believe that Robert Monroe's technique may have been one of those that I was warned against.

I believe that it is safer to start with lucid dreaming as a foundation for astral projection. "The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep" by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche may be a good place to start if you want to try that route.

• Like 1

Empty-minded meditation is not easily grasped but it is the method I use and it works well for me.  I would suggest working with a more simple meditation method for a while and then once you get comfortable with that go back to empty-minded meditation and get it another try.

This is exactly what I was thinking to do, sort of. I'd like to do some stretching exercises so that I'm more comfortable with full lotus, then somehow little by little maintain that for ~4 hours, then I'll get back to it.

Is someone familiar with that kind of breathing technique ? Is it any good for something ?

(I wouldn't ask if not all the sweating)

I believe that it is safer to start with lucid dreaming as a foundation for astral projection. "The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep" by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche may be a good place to start if you want to try that route.

Thank you, I will definitely check out the book.

Mo Pai training can be dangerous. That's my input. Happy Searching

I don't think I'm doing Mo Pai training right now, I don't think I'll ever be doing it. (but I'd like to since it looks "real")

PS

At the moment it's more important than anything else for me to "see" that there is something out there, or in there (even than my own health)

• Like 1

Something to check out is Sean Denty's PPD where he's working through Wang Li Ping's system and book.  It might be interesting to page through it to get a feel for what's reputed to be an authentic powerful system http://thedaobums.com/topic/39020-yin-xian-fa-and-beyond/?p=638696

>add

SonOfTheGods site is pretty good too-> http://lonemanpai.com/

Its impressive when you can find sincere experienced people who'll share there art.  We've got a few of them here. You don't have to go all cultlike about it, but sooner or later you need to spend serious time dedicated to an art.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I'm also playing with this

2. John Chang (Mo Pai)

http://spiritualteachers.proboards.com/thread/1320

I tried to do what that guy said there for the first level for about a month, and realized that there's no way that I can empty my mind just like that, so I'm doing something different right now. I'm sitting in half lotus, breathing in through the nose, "forcing" in as much air as I can, until I reach a point that I feel some kind of pressure around that point where the lower dantien (I meant to say solar plexus) is supposed to be, and when breathing out I'm pulling in my stomach and huiyin (perineum) until I fell the pressure in the same place.

I like this more then just trying to empty your mind because, I have a point at which to focus and the second one is after a while of doing this kind of breathing I transpire a lot but only in that region (around the abdomen and lower back) which is a good sign, right ?

What do you guys think ? (I'm sorry that I've made you read all that)

72.gif is a sign.

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 3