Rocco

Day 34 No Orgasm / no Ejac./ Emotinal Rollercoaster

I am on my 34th day now not having orgasm(ed) or ejaculated.

Since a few days I feel extreme emotional like almost starting to cry at only minor negative events and getting in rage easily.

A second problem is that semen is sometimes dripping out,when I press the bladder while sitting down etc.

Is there a kind of quick fix for these problems or any other help?

I do the MCO, Inner Smile, Six Healing Sounds (almost) daily and started with Testicle Breathing.

Thank you.

Edited by Rocco

What is dripping out  is not semen (most likely), but the precum  which means that you are facing sexual thoughts (either in dreams or when awake).  Only way to sustain your practice, for long time, is by avoiding all triggers that direct the mind towards sexual thoughts.  This is why  "Sila" is one of the foundations of a serious practitioner.  Other general tips can be found by google search - like avoiding certain foods,  avoiding  tight underwear,  taking up walking or other exercises etc.  The duration for which you can  contain  the  semen  varies  (depending on factors like age).  Ultimately, when it is released, do not feel sad or dejected - simply  restart the practice  without  any expectations about  future...

• Like 3

yes there is. it is called fasting. try spending 24 hrs w/o food and as lil water as possible. that will fix ya.

• Like 3

I am on my 34th day now not having orgasm(ed) or ejaculated.

Since a few days I feel extreme emotional like almost starting to cry at only minor negative events and getting in rage easily.

A second problem is that semen is sometimes dripping out,when I press the bladder while sitting down etc.

I do the MCO, Inner Smile, Six Healing Sounds (almost) daily and started with Testicle Breathing.

Thank you.

Personally, I would advise doing more - you seem determined, 34 days celibate.

Do more to enhance your gains - the energy is accumulating and it isn't being used to the potential you own now.

The exercises you are doing are "preliminary warm ups"

Get it flowing bro!

I don't understand what the fixation around here with semen retention is about..  One of the posters above said to take up walking, but I read it "wanking", and that seemed like pretty solid advice!  In my experience moderation is key, and I would say; just jack off once in a while!!  The true spiritual benefits of semen retention versus a regular meditation practice are probably negligible, if that.  While I could see this practice leading to increased control over desire or sexual craving, there are multiple ways to skin the goat if you know what I mean, and I don't think semen retention is some kind of silver bullet.  The simple yet highly effective practice of keeping attention on the lower Dantein would probably be more beneficial than forced and uncomfortable semen retention.

Just to clarify my other post, I do think retaining semen to some degree is important and helpful for Qi Gong practice, however I don't see the benefits of doing it in the long term.  To each their own, but perhaps a more balanced discussion of semen retention is necessary. 

In The Way of Qi Gong, Kenneth Cohen writes, "Ejaculation frequency should be determined by health, season, and age".  In essence if you are young and healthy, it is natural to ejaculate about once every 4 days, and as you get older this period will gradually increase. 

Personally, if I ejaculate more than once in a 2-3 day period I notice a marked decrease in energy levels.  On the other hand if I don't ejaculate for a week or more I notice that my energy becomes somewhat stagnant, and creativity is diminished, as if the the "pot is too full".  The strong mental turbulence or emotional agitation that the OP noted is to me a clear sign of the need to ejaculate as one has a lot of pent up energy that is beginning to cause energetic issues.  Ejaculating with a frequency of about once every 5 days (+/-) allows me to retain good energy levels, as well as a balanced and open state of mind.  

Why are Buddhist monks celibate?

The built up sexual energy does create turbulence and emotional agitation. You use this opportunity to transcend those feelings/issues that are stirred up.

Edited by idiot_stimpy

This a slight thread hijack, but just a comment on the role and impact of how metaphors and models of the energetic system in the body affects people´s interpretations of their experiences, and how they motivate themselves or sabotage their progress;

The sexual energy, (part of the jing) is often referred to as "fuel" for the system. However, It took me a long time to realize that this is not the case. The sexual energy is more like an expression that the true water or Jing can take in it´s manifest form. Seeking to work with sexual energy is like trying to work with gasoline after it has gone through the combustion process in the cylinder of the  engine. Better to look at how to get more gas, and what to do with it before you turn the engine on.  A lot of stuff can still steer you off course, and not even get you out of the parking lot.

In reality, the detrimental effects of sexual indulgence happens long before the issue of semen and retention actually comes up. It happens when you put the foot on the gas pedal...on the wrong road, or without knowing where you are going. Your intentions, longings, cravings, and thoughts...

If you know the actual destination of your car, (you) and use your fuel wisely through navigating past all detours, and knowing where you are going, this is true cultivation. Which means that tuning the system (car) into the right road (home), and using the most direct and safest route (map) is about not focusing on all the backroads that look interesting, but know that you already have a short amount of gas and time to use. It´s ongoing work to drive home.

If you want to truly transform and cultivate Jing, and also Chi and Shen, place more emphasis on being aware of what you are longing for and why. If this is really taken to it´s ultimate consequence, a lot of issues around sexual retention will dissolve. If you are making retention an obstacle, it will become one. If not, it really is just one of a large mosaic of practices and energies in the body that needs to be balanced and kept wakeful awareness on.

The metaphor is actually pretty bad, I don´t know if this really helps anyone...

h

• Like 7

I´m not sure how to quote from another thread, but here is my copy/paste of a practice given by Lin to be done during periods of "retention." I think it might be useful.

Inhale from the tip of the penis, up through the spine to the crown, and then back down to the dan tian, on exhale keep focus at dan tian.This can be done whenever the desire arises, and also throughout the day, for a constant "saving" of the sexual energy instead of letting it disperse on its own.

You can also direct the energy not just to the crown, but also to the 3rd eye (pineal gland), or to the heart center, and even on the inhale you can choose to bring it up to the crown down to the dantian, and around to the mingmen, then on exhale hold focus at the mingmen. (Just a few options to play with.)

if one chooses to sit in meditation for this practice, do it for 15-30 minutes 2x's a day for as long as the retention practice is ...practiced. It can be done standing, lying and walking as well.

During sexual stimulation, do not ejaculate, but upon the orgasm, inhale it to the crown, and into the dantian. On exhale, keep focus at dan tian. Throughout the whole entire practice, keep the tongue to the roof of the mouth.

Even something more simple than that, chant OM and direct the vibrations you make with your molars right to the genitals, and then, when you feel charge up in that area, direct that sensation right up the spine to the crown and right back down to the dantian. You can place that vibration also to any other chakra you wish. On the inhale, hold focus at that center.

That's as simple as I can make it, without any loss of sexual energy, and without any harm.

Enjoy!

Lin

Edited by liminal_luke