Sign in to follow this  
Arya

Milk and bone

Hello bums,

I started drinking milk recently and have noticed that my bones are shrinking. Everybody has convinced me that milk has loads of calcium which makes stronger bones and I'm still buying into it. 

My urine is very foamy nearly every time I go to the toilet, calcium maybe? I've measured my wrists, they seem to be getting smaller. I feel weaker overall as well from before.

This is pasteurized/homogenized cow's milk you normally get from the store, not grass-fed or raw milk.

Is milk really draining my skeleton or is it something else?

Well I'm having hard time believing that you could already see measurable changes in your bone mass if you started drinking it recently

Foamy piss doesn't sound healthy, if I were you I wouldn't drink that milk.. Try raw goat milk if you absolutely have to drink milk

Yeah the foamy piss is strange... Many people just don't digest milk right. Maybe that's the case with you ? It is true that goat milk is easier on the system of most people. I've tried it for some time, it's better, but not good enough, so I gave up on raw milk.

Personnaly I make ayran/doogh at home. I digest it without problem. Not the same taste, but you have your white milky beverage.

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"Everybody has convinced me that milk has loads of calcium which makes stronger bones and I'm still buying into it."

-----

The US has had the highest dairy consumption in the world,,,

,,, and the highest incidence of osteoporosis.

"Milk" is a form of blood, given from a mother animal as the "exact formula" to create and grow an animal of that species.

Is that what you wish to become?

Of course, if the transformation to another species doesn't fully "work", then there is the problem of getting rid of the "un-used" material - as the mucus, cysts, and tumors that pathologists see when they do autopsies on the dietary adventurers of the modern era.

-VonKrankenhaus

No society values milk so much as we westerners do. Look at the cultures that have a lot of milk, say because they are nomad pastoralist. They do not drink a lot of raw milk. They make cheese, butter, yoghurt, alcoholic beverages, etc...  The bacteria transform the milk in something else that is OK for the human system.

( You can still have problems with the fat, like myself. I do not digest cow fat anymore, I barely eat the flesh of this animal, and too much (I mean really too much) cow cheese, or cream, will cause me troubles too. But I have no problem with other kind of cheese (goat, sheep). )

This shit about lots of milk being very good for you is just propaganda from the industry. Generations of kids eating their full of sugar cereals with milk for each breakfasts... I'm from Europe, so I dont know if those pictures we see in the US shows of milk given with meals at schools, but that does not sounds too good.

Edited by Aithrobates
  • Like 1

I know that it was milk that made me taller than a lot of people in my family. Growth hormones have done their job I think? I drank at least one glass of milk everyday before going to school.

But I was eating butter/ghee a few months ago and I got thick and strong. But about a month ago I have been having alot of milk w/oats, even fortified with vitamin d but I seem to be getting thinner. Haven't been going out in the sun too much as well during these few months.

I'll just workout in the sun from now on and make do with butter/ghee. I can't have eggs without butter.

I gave milk up last year because I got sinus infection and then subsequently got sick at least 7-8 times in that year, sometimes for weeks and months. The excess mucus was from milk. But now I don't get mucus from milk drinking so I thought it would be ok, but I feel weaker overall.

I've forgone eating vegetables alot too. So I'll go back to my high fat, low carb diet, eliminating wheat and dairy.

Edited by Arya

I know that it was milk that made me taller than a lot of people in my family. Growth hormones have done their job I think? I drank at least one glass of milk everyday before going to school.

But I was eating butter/ghee a few months ago and I got thick and strong. But about a month ago I have been having alot of milk w/oats, even fortified with vitamin d but I seem to be getting thinner. Haven't been going out in the sun too much as well during these few months.

I'll just workout in the sun from now on and make do with butter/ghee. I can't have eggs without butter.

I gave milk up last year because I got sinus infection and then subsequently got sick at least 7-8 times in that year, sometimes for weeks and months. The excess mucus was from milk. But now I don't get mucus from milk drinking so I thought it would be ok, but I feel weaker overall.

I've forgone eating vegetables alot too. So I'll go back to my high fat, low carb diet, eliminating wheat and dairy.

Milk combined with oats is one the most toxic food combinations

You've noticed that your bones are shrinking?

You know that milk made you taller?

Hmm.

Certainly there is little to no evidence that ingesting lots of calcium is actually beneficial to bone health; rather, the evidence seems to link higher consumption of certain foods/nutrients (including calcium) to higher rates of fracture.

12t5.gif

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S0004-27302010000200012&script=sci_arttext

fractursPerCalcium.jpg?resize=360%2C359

http://inspirehealthykids.com/2015/01/20/is-milk-a-good-source-of-calcium-for-kids/

• Like 1

Milk seems to be a controversial food. Some argue that pasteurized milk is no good because the naturally occurring pro-biotic cultures are destroyed. I've made some interesting observations regarding milk that I wanted to share.

- In "Kundalini Yoga" by Sivananda, Sivananda writes, "If you want to enter into Samadhi quickly, cut all connections with friends, relatives, and others. Observe Akhanda Mowna, Live on milk alone. Plunge in meditation." In the "Practice of Brahmacharya" by Sivananda, he contraindicates goat milk for people trying to observe celibacy as it excites passion whereas cow milk is seen as more sattvic.

- In "Pranayama: The Breath of Yoga" by Gregor Maehle the author writes that T. Krishnamacharya utilized an exclusive milk diet along with his practices to help him attain the ability to stop his heart. Unfortunately, Krishnamacharya's claim is somewhat controversial. (see http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/24/6/1319.full.pdf)

- The "Explanatory Tantra" of Tibetan medicine speaks more favorably of milk. "...lukewarm milk [fresh from the cow] is similar to nectar in qualities."

- There was a time in the early 1900s when some western doctors would utilize exclusive milk diets to heal their patients of a wide range of illnesses. J.R. Crewe of the Mayo Foundation (which was the forerunner of the Mayo Clinic) is one example. (see http://www.realmilk.com/health/milk-cure/). Also, if you visit "milk-diet.com", you can find reference to two books which can be read online for free. Both books were written by doctors who utilized milk diets to cure their patients of various disorders.

- The following link contains an interesting written interview with a man who has been living more or less on milk for five years. (http://www.simpledailyhealth.com/diet/how-the-radical-milk-diet-helps-people-with-eye-discomfort/) The books found in the milk-diet link also contain various stories of people living on milk for long periods of time, in one case for fifty years.

- According to wikipedia, Trailanga Swami would break his fasts with buckets of clabbered milk, which is essentially just milk that has been left to sit and naturally sour some. I was always under the impression that he mostly lived on clabbered milk, though I'm not certain about that.

- According to wikipedia, there were some sects of the Maasai people of Africa who (at least at one point) would live off of milk, blood, and flesh. From what I understand the Maasai are healthy. "Traditionally, the Maasai diet consisted of raw meat, raw milk, and raw blood from cattle. Note that the Maasai cattle are of the Zebu variety. In the summer of 1935 Dr. Weston A. Price visited the Maasai and reported that according to Dr. Anderson from the local government hospital in Kenya most tribes were disease-free. Many had not a single tooth attacked by dental caries nor a single malformed dental arch. In particular the Maasai had a very low 0.4% of bone caries. He attributed that to their diet consisting of (in order of volume) raw milk, raw blood, raw meat and some vegetables and fruits, although in many villages they do not eat any fruit or vegetables at all."

It seems to me that if milk is consumed, it would be best to consume it by itself, especially apart from grains and meats. That way the body can focus on properly digesting it. Fermentation is probably good, but since raw milk contains live cultures, it may not be critical to do so.

Some people believe that drinking raw milk is dangerous because of the risk of disease. Those people may be correct in saying so. Life is full of risks, be careful.

If you're going to have oats, it's good to take some rye flour and throw it in there, then let the oats soak in water for 12 hours before cooking. Why? Because oats have high phytic acid but low phytase, whereas rye flour has high phytase levels. Phytic acid binds nutrients and actually leeches them from your system. Phytase breaks down phytic acid, to release nutrients in the grain, and not have the leeching effect when digesting. If you don't throw rye flour in there, the oats themselves won't break down the phytic acid even with a long soak.

Lots of people these days say milk is bad for you...but actually I think it's very good for you. So long as you don't have so much that it causes mucus the next day. I also think that the body adapts to what you put it through in general...go without a food for a long time, worry that it might cause health problems, and you'll find yourself having strange reactions to perfectly normal foods. Whereas if you just eat it consistently and think healthy thoughts, you'll be well off.

Of course, it's good to go with organic and less processed varieties. Raw milk does come with risks, but many people live off of it and are perfectly healthy.

You can have more calcium from almonds or coconut milk than from cow milk. Also all greens like kale, spinach, broccoli have more calcium than milk. Where do you think the cow takes the calcium anyway? Actually milk is removing the calcium from the bones, it's already proven scientifically although I cannot give you right now the sources.

If you make mucus the next day from drinking milk that's the sign from your body you should stop. In ayurveda cow milk should be drinked with 2 spoons of ghee , 1 spoon of honey and a pinch of ginger and turmeric spices to increase the digestion of milk. But be aware that if you drink cow milk from the store you also get lots of growth hormones and estrogens. I couldn't digest milk too and had lots of problems from milk so I tried the Ayurvedic milk and after 6 months to one year of drinking one cup each morning I started growing man boobs so I stopped right away. Better go with the alternatives.

Edited by Andrei

My urine is very foamy nearly every time I go to the toilet, calcium maybe? 

I gave milk up last year 

I got a little confused as you talked of what milk was creating but then said you gave it up last year...

I've looked into foamy urine in the past and found something in relation to proteins and urine ph levels.  

http://hufferchiropractic.com/how-to-be-healthy/acid-alkaline-foods.html

http://www.anaturalcure.com/foamy-bubbly-urine/

If anyone can confirm this - does ejaculating too much(through masturbation) cause an in ability to digest milk properly? 

I am just assuming this but members in my family seem to not get weaker bones and the weakness I feel after taking a single glass of milk.

So does conserving, ejaculatory fluid lead to better digestive system? So I can eat whatever I want like wheat, dairy etc. and not be affected that much.

Can anyone kindly help me with this assumption? Thanks

Not sure about the masturbation factor.. but you might want to try A2 milk if you can find it.

I had been unable to drink cow's milk for years. I had believed that it was due to lactose intolerance but then even lactose free milk started bothering me. I've always been able to eat sheep's feta and drink goat's milk though, both which contain lactose. Turns out all milk including human has the A2 protein variant. Modern dairy cows have been chosen for high yield and this inadvertently selected for the novel A1 protein form. Apparently it can be quite inflammatory even if you feel like you are tolerating it.

These days I can drink A2 milk.. till the cows come home  :). I do find that it has a beneficial effect on my energetic practices.

http://fedup.com.au/factsheets/additive-and-natural-chemical-factsheets/a2-milk

Edited by Rachel
  • Like 2

I had been unable to drink cow's milk for years.

Ahh, thanks for the response Rachel.

So it comes down to the protein not being digested properly?

What kind of symptoms did you experience when you had cow's milk before? Did your whole body, or skeletal structure feel weak and brittle, like mine did? It lasts for a day or two after I drink a glass. 

Although I think vitamin D also plays a part in this but haven't completely figured it out as of yet.

hmm, I live in India and it says here that Indian native cows are type A2 -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3475924/

I don't get extreme symptoms of like that of lactose intolerance when I have milk or curd, and I don't think I experience any noticeable symptoms when I have ghee, butter or cheese. 

So maybe if I don't release for some months, then just maybe I can digest milk properly.

masturbation (and sex) can definitely lead to digestive imbalances if the frequency/duration is too much relative to ones vitality level. the whole process as well as replacing fluids uses a considerable amount of qi and with digestion being one of the more qi intensive processes, stands to reason it wouldn't work as well when we're using up too much vital energy. need to keep the fire burning, so to speak. so with digestion being a yang/warming process, maybe warming up your milk might make it easier to digest. the bone marrow is a one of the final layers of the body to be nourished before the reproductive seed, so issues related to bones (yang jing) can certainly stem from losing/having to produce too many seeds relative to ones energy reserves.

might be an idea to conserve for a few weeks (presuming you don't already) and see how the digestion fares?

w.

masturbation (and sex) can definitely lead to digestive imbalances if the frequency/duration is too much relative to ones vitality level. the whole process as well as replacing fluids uses a considerable amount of qi and with digestion being one of the more qi intensive processes, stands to reason it wouldn't work as well when we're using up too much vital energy. need to keep the fire burning, so to speak. so with digestion being a yang/warming process, maybe warming up your milk might make it easier to digest. the bone marrow is a one of the final layers of the body to be nourished before the reproductive seed, so issues related to bones (yang jing) can certainly stem from losing/having to produce too many seeds relative to ones energy reserves.

might be an idea to conserve for a few weeks (presuming you don't already) and see how the digestion fares?

w.

thanks, I'll report back here if milk(and dairy) isn't hard on me.

I've gone a week or so without releasing and will have a glass of milk about 2 or 3 weeks from now.

thanks, I'll report back here if milk(and dairy) isn't hard on me.

I've gone a week or so without releasing and will have a glass of milk about 2 or 3 weeks from now.

could also be a gut flora thing causing the reaction if things have gotten out of balance in there. so probiotic supplements or fermented foods may be another avenue to explore.

i know a lot of people will say dairy is a bad food regardless, but something i've found to ring true regarding food intolerances is that they are literally an intolerance - ie an underlying energy of intolerance (aversion) in the system.

Edited by wilfred

could also be a gut flora thing causing the reaction if things have gotten out of balance in there. so probiotic supplements or fermented foods may be another avenue to explore.

i know a lot of people will say dairy is a bad food regardless, but something i've found to ring true regarding food intolerances is that they are literally an intolerance - ie an underlying energy of intolerance (aversion) in the system.

yeah, I think starting with the special probiotic curd they sell at the supermart would be a goood idea, rather than milk at first

appreciate the help from you!

Edited by Arya
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this