Manaus

Inner smile and yin tang

Watching this video from Mantak Chia

He says "Smile in front of you [...] feel a smile energy in front of you". This really I cannot manage to get. He takes it for granted that it is that easy, and immediate, and readily available. Is here anybody capable of that?

Couple of seconds later he adds, "In taoism we always refer to the forehead [here] as the happy center". So I believe that giving attention to the yin tang awakens its properties of being able to project, to see happy energy. Does anybody support this statement?

Thanks

• Like 1

Acting.. imagination.. the physical act of a smile with lips and crinkling the eyes.  Feeling sunshine on your face entering the 3rd eye, appreciating what is good, the sound of hAaahh exhaling from your heart area.

Here is how Minke De Vos of Silent Grounds starts her guided meditation called Deep Body Smile. 

breathing up to your head, relax the muscles around your eyes, infront of you envision a golden sun, that connects us with the light of our interbeing; the light of unconditional love that shines on all beings equally.  Basking in the warm golden light.  Breath it in to your third eye.  Lightening up the center of your head like a internal star, enlivening your master glands.  Shining into your senses and awakening your ability to see, feel and touch inside.   Allow a serene smile to spread across your face, lifting the lips, cheeks and corners of your eyes upwards.  Like turning on a light switch. 

another trick/skill is laughing meditation.  Where you laugh and laugh on cue.  Its a worthwhile skill to have.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

I do the Inner Smile almost daily and what is helping me is imaging four beautiful women standing at a beach & smiling at me. Them I smile back with a soft and real smile.

I feel the energy of their smiles radiating on my third eye chakra (it feels warm) and then I relax the chakra point and let the energy flow into my head deliberately.

It works. That's how Ido it.

Edited by Rocco
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, what I don't understand is how you can use something fake as a way to reality. One should step down from illusions to what is real, whatever it is, and beyond. My point of view.

Thanks guys, what I don't understand is how you can use something fake as a way to reality. One should step down from illusions to what is real, whatever it is, and beyond. My point of view.

Valid p.o.v but it might be limiting too.

Does the body know its fake?  Or does it release hormones and trigger a string of chemical reactions from the brain on down related to happiness and feeling good.  There is reality behind the placebo effect and biofeedback.  In my view the secret smile, both versions tap into it. 

Stress kills (slowly) and deep relaxation (& happiness) is revitalizing. 

The inner smile the way we do it is that there is no physical expression on ones face. Using intention we bring the energy of thankfulness and a smile to the specific organ. To release happy hormones one can slap the back of the leg behind the knee with weight on the side you are not slapping then switch sides. 

I think it is all positive to give thanks to our bodies. 

• Like 2