thelerner

Saw an interesting Stat about theTaoBums

I was looking on a thread and SonoftheGods mentioned Googles ability to do specific searches on single websites.  I did one for thetaobums and near the bottom of the page websitelooker came up.

The interesting stat was that 5.1% of our traffic is from Bulgaria.  I find that interesting, maybe I'm in a skeptical mood, but are we really that popular to the Bulgans or is it something seedy?  Like a spam source?  

.. Bulgaria 5.1 Other 38.9

Country Users Rank

United States: 22.8% -

Australia: 21.6% -

United Kingdom: 11.6% -

Bulgaria: 5.1% -

apologies to Bulgarians in advance.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

Australia - The land of the crocodiles and Mo Pai scammers...

... they are rubbish at cricket as well.

• Like 2

Hoorah for the 11.6% in the UK.

Perhaps Bulgaria simply has a lack of good Teachers / Instructors in the way of all things Tao / Dao.

A lot of Australian's when they have a population of under 25 million.

It only makes sense that English- speaking countries prevail in the stats.

They do speak English in Oz, right?

Interesting websitelooker came up that high in search results, as they are more or less just a spammy web with no add-on value.

They get the stats from Alexa, http://www.alexa.com/

Also, today, the stats is quite a bit different, US 35, Canada 9, Other 56.

Overall, I don't know how Alexa changed over the past few years, but couple years back, I would interpret the 5.1% for Bulgaria as : "yesterday, there was a single visitor from Bulgaria who happened to have Alexa (or relative) toolbar installed in their web browser". Alexa used to be unreliable, but it used to be highly unreliable for webs with low traffic, due to how they collected the data for their stats.

The only reliable stats can be extracted from actual server logs.

• Like 6

Well, Bulgarians are an aspect of Tao too.  I hope they all speak English because I don't speak Bulgarian.

How's your Bulgan?
  • Like 1

I was looking on a thread and SonoftheGods mentioned Googles ability to do specific searches on single websites.  I did one for thetaobums and near the bottom of the page websitelooker came up.

The interesting stat was that 5.1% of our traffic is from Bulgaria.  I find that interesting, maybe I'm in as skeptical mood, but are we really that popular to the Bulgans or is it something seedy?  Like a spam source?  

TrafficUnited StatesAustraliaUnitedKingdomBulgariaOther22.8%21.6%38.9% Country Traffic United States 22.8 Australia 21.6 United Kingdom 11.6 Bulgaria 5.1 Other 38.9

Country Users Rank

United States: 22.8% -

Australia: 21.6% -

United Kingdom: 11.6% -

Bulgaria: 5.1% -

apologies to Bugarians in advance.

Bulgaria stats are plentiful on my forum as well

I'm thinking Buttermilk Ninjas :ph34r:

Ha, just happen to wear a t-shirt with Bulgarian "Black Sea" today :)

Just came to mind, on another discussion forum, with maybe a bit less posters as this one but not significantly. I was the only visitor to their website from my country (no not Bulgaria), and that grew my country stats for their web to somewhere like 15-25%. (Until I ceased using certain browser toolbar extension, then it got to 0).

• Like 2

Ha, just happen to wear a t-shirt with Bulgarian "Black Sea" today :)

Just came to mind, on another discussion forum, with maybe a bit less posters as this one but not significantly. I was the only visitor to their website from my country (no not Bulgaria), and that grew my country stats for their web to somewhere like 15-25%. (Until I ceased using certain browser toolbar extension, then it got to 0).

Iceland?

There was some Viking saga in Czech TV when I registered here I guess, used to have worser nicks elsewhere due to this habit.

Move forward couple years when started watching Spongebob with kids and it would have been PatrickTheDaoistStar ;-)

• Like 2

There was some Viking saga in Czech TV when I registered here I guess, used to have worser nicks elsewhere due to this habit.

Move forward couple years when started watching Spongebob with kids and it would have been PatrickTheDaoistStar ;-)

Wiki! :-)

wickie-und-die-starken-maenner-kommt-in-

• Like 1

Several years back I looked up the stats and saw that this site got about 2,800 unique visitors per day:o   It's one of those stats that seems ... unreal, like I even think, "jeez that's a lot, maybe I have that wrong?" but I'm pretty sure not.

Edited by Trunk

Several years back I looked up the stats and saw that this site got about 2,800 unique visitors per day:o   It's one of those stats that seems ... unreal, like I even think, "jeez that's a lot, maybe I have that wrong?" but I'm pretty sure not.

That seems reasonable.

This place is HUGE

• Like 1