Yasjua

Rolf?

Curious if anyone has been to a rolfer or completed a 10-series? And what was your experience?

• Like 2

One of my instructor is an excellent practitioner, but he was trained in Structural Integration. It is just a different school of the Rolfing technique really. He continues to be an amazing role model for me, and really goes in depth with his approach. He was able to do "posture readings" of people where he could tell a lot, and I mean A LOT about their history/spiritual blockages in life just from the way they held their bodies.

Fascia work is a very effective bodywork, and is conducive to people who need something to "focus on" while being worked, as there is plenty of feeling and it can be pretty intense. I'd only recommend it if you are able to successfully calm your mind, and have masted relaxing your muscles.

This is from my own background in training as a Trager practitioner, where muscle tension and "holding patterns" are all held in the mind. So the unconscious mind is what is targeted to break up those patterns and reset the gamma neurons that hold your tension when you are not consciously using a muscle.

Another thing to note from my work is that I've found people actually would benefit from stepping outside their comfort zone.

I.e. I think my friend would highly benefit from Trager, because it would help her "let go" and sink into the feeling of her body rather than giving her intense sensations to focus on.

Likewise I have sought out an intense form of bodywork so that I can work on increasing my presence in the moment, and be able to breathe more fully in the now to reduce the "pain" to sensations. Even though I much rather receive a Trager session and just veg out for 75 minutes...

So if you don't mind giving me more information on where you're at and what you're seeking, I can better serve your needs here. "objectively" speaking Rolfing and other bodywork dealing with fascia need to be approached with an open mind to allow real shifts to occur.

• Like 2

I went to a chiropractor for a few months that had learned from Thomas Myers whose training was grounded in Rolfing. I highly recommend almost any modality that focuses on myofascial release in conjunction with qigong. A massage therapist I had was amazed at how she could feel my heartbeat "move" with her and when she seriously released something she said it was as if the whole area was pulsing.

• Like 3