Has anyone here managed to achieve that samurai level no mind?

That state where there is no fear but absolute intuition and awareness of all but at the same time of nothing.

From what I read it takes years of martial arts and meditation practise. Has anyone found a more quicker way?

At the most basic level it is getting to that stage when you can put you stop thinking with everything else, and have absolute presence of the now.Fear is gone because of the total acceptance of everything and judgement of none.

• Like 1

I don't know about Samurai philosophy..but there's no way to rush into a state of peace. It's like trying to scoop something out of water by grabbing at it. It takes a slowing down and practice in softness to achieve.

Then, you find there is even more speed in slowness.

Has anyone here managed to achieve the samurai level no mind ?

Has anyone found a quicker way ?

Setting out on a spiritual search is a very sensible thing for a person to do. When everything else has failed us, why not try that ? The car, the house and the job didn't make us happy, the soul mate didn't make us happy, God didn't make us happy. Even healing our 'inner child' didn't make us happy.

I could go on listing for the whole evening the things that we accumulate to try to finally make ourselves happy, but I will stop there.

When all else has failed and we still feel separate, we still feel that something is missing, it is intelligent to start searching spiritually. It can also be very exciting and colourful to change our name to something exotic like Devananda and put on orange robes, shave our head and eat alfalfa sprouts rather than go on being Jim Brown with a suit and a mullet eating hamburgers.

But nevertheless, after ten or twenty years of spiritual searching we may well still feel separate and inadequate. I would even suggest that spiritual searching fuels our sense of inadequacy. The very fact that we are on a spiritual path indicates that we feel inadequate as we are right now. And if we are on a path looking for liberation, (whatever we think liberation might be), we cannot possibly notice that everything is already liberation right here, right now. If we are looking for liberation over there, we can't see that it is already right here.

The awful reality is that we will never find liberation either over there or right here,... because 'WE' will never find liberation.

We could say that 'WE' are the problem. But there is even a problem in saying, "We are the problem" because it sets our mind thinking that we must do something about ourself. This feeds our sense of inadequacy once more.

We start to think, "I haven't meditated for long enough", or, "I haven't cleared my chakras sufficiently", or, "I haven't shown enough dedication to the guru - perhaps I have held back just one little bank account from him", or, "I haven't spent enough time in countries without toilets - I haven't had enough diarrhoea in the Himalayas."

We feel, "It must be my fault. There has to be something wrong with me, because I can't find liberation." Yet the awful joke is that there is not only nothing for me to find,... but there is also no "me" to find it.

That is why sometimes, when the person disappears and this is simply seen for what it is, as 'already liberation',....there can often be so much laughter. It can be seen as such a joke that we were always looking for this, yet this was always what we were.

For some people this creates despair as they contemplate the ruins of their spiritual life and begin to wish that they hadn't sold their house and given the proceeds to their guru. But often it causes laughter, or at least a quiet smile, because it is such a joke that what I was searching for was always closer to me than I am to myself.

There is  no "I". There is no "self". When this is seen, it is suddenly realised that all the incomprehensible philosophical sayings such as "I am that", "There is only oneness", and "Everything is unconditional love", are not philosophical sayings at all. They are simply descriptions of what is seen in the natural state of being when the person isn't there getting in the way any more.

Richard Sylvester

• Like 3

You want your purveyors of Truth
To look and act special.

You want them different
And special
And powerful.

You prefer to imagine them
Cloaked in light
Rather than sitting on the toilet.

You like them passionless, sexless,
Mellow, gentle and kind.

You like the idea of miracles
And will invent them when necessary.

Your strategy is to keep them
Out there
Far away from you
Exotic and mysterious.

You revel in the myth
Of the Enlightened individual
Hoping to someday be so empowered.

What you can’t tolerate
Is for them to appear
As ordinary as you.

Ram Tzu knows this…

You always miss the Truth
Because it is just too plain to see.

Wayne Liquorman

Has anyone here managed to achieve that samurai level no mind?

That state where there is no fear but absolute intuition and awareness of all but at the same time of nothing.

From what I read it takes years of martial arts and meditation practise. Has anyone found a more quicker way?

At the most basic level it is getting to that stage when you can put you stop thinking with everything else, and have absolute presence of the now.Fear is gone because of the total acceptance of everything and judgement of none.

There are plant teachers that could assist you to reduce the time to experience that state, or increase the time to experience that state.  They could assist you in finding inner peace, or equally assist you towards madness with realizations you did not have the foundation to handle and were not able to integrate. 

Ask yourself first why you want to experience such a state.  If you are merely seeking to conclude suffering, shifting your lifestyle to match your ethics is a much lower effort option.