Sign in to follow this  
qibrush

Ketchari Mudra

Does anyone have any information on this? I recently just learned about the

water way tongue position and I must say that it is the best. I was used to the

wind way and I assumed that was the normal position but moving my tongue

to the water way circulates the energy in such a blissful manner.I also read about

the Ketchari Mudra where one takes the tongue and puts it into the nasel center?

I'm not too sure exactly how it works. I'm not going to try it myself but I'd love

information on it. Has anyone here had experience with this mudra?

Here's a picture:

4829320bb69562d4a36cfd50af61fa79-pearlsq

Edited by qibrush

Well, I won't presume that my experience is valid beyond the simple case of my use of it. I've used keechari mudra a little. It's not like the wind mudra, though (when the tip of the tongue actually rests upon something). It is a more active stretch. The stretch is back and up.

I've had the experience that, after holding the mudra for a while, the tongue becomes soft and will stretch far back behind (and above) the palatine uvula. It was when this started that fluid descended from above my tongue. It was like a rubbing alcohol or acetone in consistency and it took me by surprise.

Anyways, this is all I have. Someone else might know more of the technicalities.

That's still something. Did you have to cut your lingual frenulum to use it? Or did 

you just learn to stretch your tongue?

There's that girl who supposedly holds the record for the longest tongue, who can touch her own tongue to her eyeball? I bet she could do Kechari mudra real easy. I thought to message her and ask her to try it...I used to practice it back in the day and the intention will create the stretch. Some yogis would slowly abrade the frenulum over time to encourage the stretch...

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

There's that girl who supposedly holds the record for the longest tongue, who can touch her own tongue to her eyeball? I bet she could do Kechari mudra real easy. I thought to message her and ask her to try it...I used to practice it back in the day and the intention will create the stretch. Some yogis would slowly abrade the frenulum over time to encourage the stretch...

What's the intention of practicing this exercise. I can only find vague references that it's "The best mudra"

but nothing on what it actually does. 

That's still something. Did you have to cut your lingual frenulum to use it?

if you cut the lingual frenulum you are cutting an important nadi/meridian that runs through there.

• Like 1

From a yogic perspective, it is supposed to encourage the flow of amrita nectar. I wouldn't cut the frenulum myself, just inserted that for anthropological reference....the amrita nectar has a sweet flavor, but I tend to think that it is just cerebrospinal fluid, which is overdeveloped and overexpressed in meditators, containing charged particles, and nutrients....

• Like 2

Typically you cut the tongue - small cuts several times again and again.

I have a book on it and will try to find it.

The intention has something to do with near death experience and meeting the fear of it.

(I have not practiced any these techniques discussed so far unless perhaps very long ago and forgotten but definitely not past the palatine uvula - I vaguely remember working with my tongue in the back but it was not an important part of my practice)

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Position of the tongue is modulating circulation from governing vessel to conception vessel.

The further back, the closer to the plane of the downward-moving energy that formed the uvula in gestation.

There are many aspect to this - the teeth, body position, etc - and this part with considering the tongue posture is not as important as what someone may do in preparation for this to actually achieve something.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

You're not supposed to cut the tongue. As a person gets better at meditation the tongue will fold further back by itself. 

• Like 1

Well I can't stand this anymore. I don't believe in AYP's customizing of practices and pandering practices as Divine, but for the sake of knowledge, if you want to know about the AYP version of kechari, try this link:

http://lightworkers.org/blog/142946/ayp-lesson-108-kechari-mudra-giant-leap-humankind

Note: I cut my frenum a few times and it grew back..

When you touch your tongue on the soft pallet, it produces a current or magnetic charge from the center of the brows to the tip of the tongue.

Try it. Lightly touch the tip of your tongue on the soft palate. Can you feel a kind of electricity or charge at the point of contact?

If you can get your tongue far enough back, the current's pathway will intersect the sexual stimulation center near the top of the nasal cavity, which is hard wired for smell and smelling hormones (causing sexual stimulation).

You don't have to do kechari to activate the sexual center behind the eyebrows, you can simply activate it by concentrating on that area. Perform samadhi on the area at the top of the nasal cavity, about 1 inch behind the brows. When you find the spot you will know. Caution: doing this type of meditation will activate your kundalini. Without proper training and preparation, you are asking for trouble.

Kechari is not the next phase in human evolution as Yogani states.

Touching the tongue at various places on the roof of the mouth completes a circuit, as in the MCO. It is also a good method of releasing a buildup of charges in the head. It is also part of the practice of sambhavi mudra, which you can also check out..

Also, be forewarned. If you get caught up in AYP many of the practices have been altered from classic yoga, and there is no support once you advance beyond what the "one size fits all" viewpoint you will find there.

Further, sexual stimulation for the sake of ecstasy promotes grasping, reification and is not how to find the divine, in my opinion.

A good book is http://www.amazon.com/Kundalini-Tantra-Re-print-Golden-Jubilee/dp/8185787158

And you may ask, isn't the purpose of kechari to release the Amrita? Well, yes. However, without heat, and the ability to open the central channel, Amrita will do you no good. In Buddhist tummo, you learn how to generate the heat mixture, take it up the central channel and melt the white drops in the crown, then slowly take the drops down the central channel producing great bliss and other realizations. These are advanced practices and you have to know what you are doing and have much experience before attempting them. See "the Bliss of Inner Fire" or The Six Yogas of Naropa"

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bliss-Inner-Fire-Practice/dp/086171136X

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 2

Thank you for the knowledge, so  pretty much the Ketchari mudras effect is greatly

diminished without proper guidance and instruction on how to use it? 

Edited by qibrush

Re:

-----

",,, so  pretty much the Ketchari mudras effect is greatly

diminished without proper guidance and instruction on how to use it?"

-----

Here is one tidbit about this:

This "Ketchari mudras effect" is generally involved in how we extract energy from foods - as we chew food, moving the opposing forces in our body by contracting the uppr and lower jaws together, we are constantly running the tongue up and touching the roof of the mouth. This is transferring energy and information from the torn apart food upwards to the mid-brain. This information is used to incite enzyme and hormonal responses which will organize the distribution and processing of this energy - the food.

This energy is making its way downwards, and excess will be processed as sexual activity/expressions.

Many such practices are connecting with very basic functions involved with life energy, but this is often overlooked as people are looking for the fictions and guesses about them.

Not many people teaching full understanding of any of it.

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus

Sign in to follow this