MooNiNite

Tibetan Rainbow Body

LOL! Very interesting historical info and photos.

But Wilcock's new age interpretations as Padmasambhava having a painted on moustache,

being an alien with 6 fingers, being an alien like those of the Roswell crash,

the aliens being here to enlighten us...ughhhh...

yeah i think he was a normal master who achieved great heights.

they often over exaggerate such masters. 

• Like 1

yeah i think he was a normal master who achieved great heights.

they often over exaggerate such masters. 

According to Tibetan legend and lore, Padmasambhava supposedly has 6 billion emanations at any one time.  I guess he is everywhere. :lol:

• Like 2

LOL! Very interesting historical info and photos.

But Wilcock's new age interpretations as Padmasambhava having a painted on moustache,

being an alien with 6 fingers, being an alien like those of the Roswell crash,

the aliens being here to enlighten us...ughhhh...

The interesting thing for me about that video is that I think that Wilcock misinterprets the bubbles which appear during thogal gazing, which each contain a being inside, as "alien spacecraft".

I've seen quite a few bubbles now. They are luminous, round, transparent, and can grow or shrink in size. You can enter them and then you are transported into the world or plane inside. Most of the time it looks like there is no room in the bubble and that the being inside is filling the whole bubble up, but that is not the case.

I now believe that that is why many Buddhist masters are painted/depicted with a surrounding sphere or bubble.

So, no, not alien spacecrafts...but inter dimensional bubbles...

Zoom, have you not seen any beings inside of bubbles yet during your thogal practices?

• Like 1

Interesting video by David Wilcock

Meh, I think there are much better resources for learning about dzogchen than David Wilcock.

According to Tibetan legend and lore, Padmasambhava supposedly has 6 billion emanations at any one time.  I guess he is everywhere. :lol:

Padmasambhava embodies, and as the primary guru, represents the essence of mind. Tapihritsa is accorded a similar role among the Bönpo. This is what is being referred to by the 6 billion emanations. "He" is indeed everywhere there is sentience, much like Samantabhadra or Kuntuzangpo. Union with the guru (guru yoga) is simply the direct experience of the essence in us that is in the master, the essence of  mind. It is not legend or lore - it is the direct experience of dzogchen practitioners.

• Like 3

Meh, I think there are much better resources for learning about dzogchen than David Wilcock.

Padmasambhava embodies, and as the primary guru, represents the essence of mind. Tapihritsa is accorded a similar role among the Bönpo. This is what is being referred to by the 6 billion emanations. "He" is indeed everywhere there is sentience, much like Samantabhadra or Kuntuzangpo. Union with the guru (guru yoga) is simply the direct experience of the essence in us that is in the master, the essence of  mind. It is not legend or lore - it is the direct experience of dzogchen practitioners.

I have read the story of Padmasambhava and I am arguing against there being a person named Padmasambhava that has infinite emanations and is larger than the universe. It is irrational to attribute human characteristics to a mythical universal being.

• Like 2

If Padmasambhava has infinite emanations then it is reasonable to assume that he recently appeared as 'The Dude' in 'The Big Lebowski'.

movies_big_lebowski_the_dude_jeff_bridge

Edited by ralis
  • Like 4

If Padmasambhava has infinite emanations then it is reasonable to assume that he recently appeared as 'The Dude' in 'The Big Lebowski'.

I don´t know anything about Padmasambhava in particular, but it´s comforting to me to think that emanations of spirit and divinity reach into the deepest, darkest, most unlikely places. Yes, even into The Dude. Otherwise, what is the point?

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

What interests me is whether or not Jeff is aware of it.

• Like 1

?

To clarify my response... 

I'd rather speak about the benefits of Buddhist (and Bon) practice to us (and Jeff Bridges) and the world at large, rather than criticize Buddhists and Buddhism as an institution based on how some choose to interpret the teachings, be they ancient modern, teachers, or students. All religions are subject to misunderstanding and misappropriation. And we, in modern times, have the benefit of modern sensibilities informed by scientific progress which is an enormous advantage. We've been down this path of criticism many times and that has not solved the problem. All we can do is approach the teachings in the best way that we are able as individuals and use the benefits to help ourselves and those around us.

I think Jeff and the dude get that...

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/6-things-we-learned-from-jeff-bridges-insightful-reddit-ama-20140725

• Like 4

Am I correct in thinking that the Tibetan Rainbow body is something that usually occurs after death, though in highly accomplished people it might start occurring before death? Does it still end in death soon after for these people?

Am I correct in thinking that the Tibetan Rainbow body is something that usually occurs after death, though in highly accomplished people it might start occurring before death? Does it still end in death soon after for these people?

The body is a tools for having experiences to lead to realization. 

Once realizations are complete, it's just a hindrance that requires perpetual upkeep (food/sleep/etc). 

Some claim with force of bodhisattva will one may continue to occupy a body for a while, though ultimately this would be incompassionate to self. 

No matter how snazzy of a device your body may be, it is indescribably perception limited compared to becoming pure experience transcending time/space illusions. 

There is nothing to fear in shedding the body and concluding the mind, these are your singular divine entitlements given in mercy. 

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

• Like 3

As I understand it only one or two people in history have achieved rainbow body before death, everyone else it happens to during the death process.

• Like 1

As I understand it only one or two people in history have achieved rainbow body before death, everyone else it happens to during the death process.

Iv counted about 5 people, but i dont think that includes Buddha himself. I'm really skeptical if Buddha actually reached the highest attainments while on Earth. 

Padmasambhava, Jesus, Bhodidharma, Zheng Sanfeng, and this priest dude I read about..

True rainbow body in my opinion means their body actually dissolves into light before its actual death. Something like at the will of the practitioner. 

Arhats are supposed to be able to leave their body at will, however it wont dissolve into light. 

• Like 3