Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

Purloined Phantom Limbs

Yes the Phantom Limb "illusion" is featured in a recent issue of the New Scientist -- based on the "inner ear" or proprioreception "sixth sense" of the brain. Basically if you take a vibrator and stimulate your arm tendon while reaching towards your nose the brain thinks that your hand extends PAST the nose -- or something like that.

Anyway the whole concept of resonance transduction is lost...just as is the case with Michael Corballis (someone I emailed but received no response from). He states in the Sept. 2007 issue of New Scientist that

recursion

is the defining trait of the human mind but then makes a logical error:

"Birdsong, for instance, is often relentlessly repetitive. But there is no evidence that non-human species can use recursion to flexibly and progressively qualify and add meaning, in the way that we humans can."

Sorry -- but again he's assuming birds use Western harmonics which they don't. Not only does birdsong TRANSDUCE into ultrasound but it goes through the whole energy spectrum and resonates plant stomata -- with who knows what else complicated effects.

drew thanks!!!

though i have to literally crunch your intellectual work to be able to stuff it in and digest it,

it's alway so FUN!. i can literally hear my brain creaking trying ...and it often matches my intuitive insights. i believe i do in fact sense syncopation take place when changing between the hemispheres, that goes for both visual and auditive input. i was trying to describe syncopation to a musician friend once i forgot the word for it, and i described that it looks like "when wheels spin really fast and suddenly start moving backwards"...

Edited by rain

Yes my brain makes crunching sounds all the time when I sit in full-lotus and I have a "V" on my forehead from the skull fissures. Then things come to me as we resonate with the Universal Mother.

Sign in to follow this