bojole

The Small Wheel

Never heard of the teacher, but his books look like there quite good. I read the summary of his "The Art of Chi Kung" book. It says that the book "guides you through a series of chi kung exercises which you can learn from and practice at home."

I assume that is the book your reading by him? I have not practiced the Small Wheel meditation, but it seems very similar to meditating on the Lower dantien, which is a very beneficial practice. Try it out for a 100 days daily and see what results you get. Experience is the best teacher.

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

Yes, that is the book.

Usually it's ok to do one chi kung practice twice a day, right?

Probably I can do it in the morning and in the evening?

• Like 1

Yes, that is the book.

Usually it's ok to do one chi kung practice twice a day, right?

Probably I can do it in the morning and in the evening?

Anytime is a good time too practice. Just listen to your body.

Where can I learn about meditating on the Lower dantien? )))

The Lower Dantien is an energetic center in the body located below the navel and inside the body. There is a great deal of emphasis in Taoist practices on working with this center. It is considered the center responsible for the storage and transmutation of vital energy (chi).

If this is a center you wish to work with then put your awareness on that center and meditate on it. That simple. Also it's beneficial to put your hands on top of the surface of the skin below the navel (usually right over left) in this type of meditation.

• Like 1

"The Art of Chi Kung"

This is  a great book. Very accessible, simple to follow, and humble. If I recall correctly, one of the first exercises involves placing the palms over the belly just under the belly button and expanding and contracting with the breath, feeling the palms rise and fall from this area. At first it is just a few counts, but the idea is to lengthen the counts. This is a fantastic intro to lower dan tien work.

• Like 1

If doing lower dantien meditation, remember to use a casual level of focus. If internally-directed focus is too strong, this will cause stagnation problems over time. I have experienced this myself :(

What 'casual level of focus' means? Can you give an example?

Sorry, my English is not very good :mellow:

To place your awareness there and casually observe what is taking place, as opposed to forcefully 'staring' or having laser-like focus on the dan tien. If you are a naturally tense or stressed person, then it is likely that your default level of attention will be too forceful. It should be almost passive, like watching TV :)

• Like 1

I think the idea is to balance the mix of "fire" and "water". You want enough focus to create transformation, but you don't want to burn things up. And you want to allow time for enough energy to be replenished, but too much can cause an overly 'wet' environment.

This is sorta like mixing the conscious and subconscious minds, so while you want your full focus turned within and settling down, you don't want to be like a laser beam, you want to relax into it, dissolve the ego, surrender your ego, feel it melt away into your true whole self. This is something that takes time.

It may also be important to note that different people have different energetic imbalances. Some are much more fire like, with incredible natural mental ferocity, and these people should take care to not use too much fire, as they likely have less water to work with and can more easily create too dry of an environment. On the other hand, some people don't have as much of a firey consciousness, might think a little slower, but have an abundance of water, have an easier time cultivating wisdom, and might need to work harder to create and focus enough strength of consciousness down to the lower dan tien to avoid an overly wet environment. Over time, and with self reflection, one can come to greater clarity on their own unique balances. The goal is to bring what is imbalanced and separate into what is fully balanced and whole.

• Like 1