Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

Buddha and the mind

1. Buddha. Hahaha, forget about it! One in a trillion and once every 3000 years or so when the Dharma is forgotten in the human plane. Human planes are several not just the Earth one, some are highly evolved others are not. Buddhas come with a message.

2. The mind. It goes deep, and deep and then deeper. It will deceive you and give you a sense of delusion as being the ultimate reality beyond your wildest dreams. Very difficult to beat (for those seeking nirvana). Very though battle, but beat lust first, nearly as hard.

3. Arahants. Very few attain it and never advertise themselves, if they do they are not, as simple as that. Good luck and great effort for those involved in this stage.

The Mind is Everything. However unless you are a Buddha (and even though 5E come into play, he needed tree help/wood to reach enlightenment) don't dare to go against the yin and yang and 5 elements or you'll crash and burn. The Bagua is a quick way to nirvana. Great aid, I wish Theravada would incorporate these principles into their practice in today's world, that would ease things a lot. Rigidity is not good. Water for times of Fire. Use your personal intuition and own energetic/mind make up shaped by your date of birth to model your practice.

Bagua circle walk is the greatest tool in existence. Return to the origin when it's erasing work

is done.

• Like 1

The Mind is Everything. However unless you are a Buddha (and even though 5E come into play, he needed tree help/wood to reach enlightenment) don't dare to go against the yin and yang and 5 elements or you'll crash and burn. The Bagua is a quick way to nirvana. Great aid, I wish Theravada would incorporate these principles into their practice in today's world, that would ease things a lot. Rigidity is not good. Water for times of Fire. Use your personal intuition and own energetic/mind make up shaped by your date of birth to model your practice.

Bagua circle walk is the greatest tool in existence. Return to the origin when it's erasing work

is done.

LOL  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:    :lol:   Who  says  there is no humor  in  Daobums ?

Arahants. Very few attain it and never advertise themselves, if they do they are not, as simple as that.

Tbh, I don't think this dogma is helpful. Never-reveal-attainmentism obscures the reality of real attainment I.e. the difference between the dogma/hagiography and what happens, encourages people to treat awakening as unattainable, ignores how common implied and outright claims have been (including in the early sangha) and still are worldwide, and makes things easier for scumbags by a) obscuring the reality that awakened people can be imperfect and hence b} encouraging worshipping teachers (increasing potential for abuse) rather than treating them as just people who've practised and got results.

This may be a controversial opinion, but honestly, treating awakening as some mysterious thing which nobody can ever actually have helps nobody.

Edited by Seeker of Wisdom

Tell us what you mean by 'Mind'.

I tend to think that the majority of Buddhist texts use the word 'mind' to mean something very different than the thing that the modern western thought understands by the word 'mind'.

The western understanding is very influenced by modern psychology and focus on the brain, whereas the ancient Indian and Tibetan isn't. Which probably accounts for a great deal of overall misunderstanding.

Tbh, I don't think this dogma is helpful. Never-reveal-attainmentism obscures the reality of real attainment I.e. the difference between the dogma/hagiography and what happens, encourages people to treat awakening as unattainable, ignores how common implied and outright claims have been (including in the early sangha) and still are worldwide, and makes things easier for scumbags by a) obscuring the reality that awakened people can be imperfect and hence b} encouraging worshipping teachers (increasing potential for abuse) rather than treating them as just people who've practised and got results.

This may be a controversial opinion, but honestly, treating awakening as some mysterious thing which nobody can ever actually have helps nobody.

Awakening isn't that rare, I have met 4-5 people who have gone through basic awakening just this year. 

• Like 1

So there is basic awakening, medium and advanced awakening.

Every day i learn something.

It's basic dharma theory that there are degrees of awakening. Theravada maps posit four stages. There are various models of Bodhisattva bhumis. Vajrayana systems have varying stages of vidyadhara. Etc. The concept of 'basic awakening' really isn't unusual.

So there is basic awakening, medium and advanced awakening.

Every day i learn something.

Depends on what map you use to try to navigate reality.

By basic awakening in this sense I mean that the core sense of 'I' has gone from their heart. They have awoken out of the sense of the person who they thought they were most of their lives and their identity is no longer limited to the human form they are in. That type of awakening is pretty common, Batgap.com has over 300 interviews with people who have had that type of awakening.

To really embody that awakening so most of their conditioning is gone and they can lead other people to the same realisation is quite rare though I think.

Mind is the architect, 5E is the vessel, yin and yang is samsara, nirvana is the Source of everything, the Tao.

Now, Bagua is a tool to understand the MIND and the whole reality that springs out of it including all the realms of existence starting from the lowest, rooted in the ego and lowest chakras (intense liver fire) represented as the roots of the tree (liver itself) and the highest realms (branches and tips of the tree) with various degrees of happiness. Beings living here have no roots so for them reaching outside the tree (pit that samsara really is) is almost impossible especially if they have some bad karmas still lingering deep in their tree-liver-MINDS. They need the yin push represented by the grounding power of the Earth, which explains why the Buddha said the human realm being the ideal one to reach the source.

But to reach the source one has to wait for that opening to happen which in my experience is highly dependent on how the Bagua is circling, I mean in which Gua you are currently located according to your 5E make up

and how far you are from the source for that to happen, which also depends in which life incarnation you are currently at (the closer to the centre of the Bagua the more likely you are to reach that state. The closer you get to the source the higher is your virtue, attainments, concentration level, less interest in samsaric matters (happiness of the devas or material joy/degree of craving for material gain in the human plane. I have been communicating with a deva that lives alone in a room in some castle floating high up in the air, the angel can actually view the source from its room high up in the sky but there is nothing it (devas are asexual) can do, it told me getting there is a matter of being at the right place and lifetime. The deva keeps by itself it is not interested in the parties power of creation and ability to travel across various realms like some other devas of its kind, it prefers to cultivate quietly and communicate with other beings (Buddhist monks, Sufis, Taoist hermits, beings from other planes, etc) to discuss aspects of practice and such. It is aware of the Bagua circle walk and it said its a great tool to reach the source if are nearly the end of your samsaric journey as it gives you a clear picture of the whole of reality. I asked the angel of it was created by humans, the answer is a clear no. It's very old knowledge passed on by the Gods to Chinese shamans (Fu Xi is the main figure) but also revealed in other "human planes." The circle walk requires a yin surface (Earth's ground) as ideal medium to carry out the practice, but there are devas and gods involved in Qi sports as they call them in which circling is used to get nourishment and for fun. Sufis also circle and that knowledge was passed to them by a deva via dreams in their early stages of development of this spiritual traditions. Same goes with dancing around the bonfire in some shamanic traditions: Siberia then North America, etc.

Basically the Chinese kept the Bagua knowledge but other traditions simplified it into a basic waking removing the symbology of the Guas.

Deep, deep art that not only is a tool but also a whole mapping system of reality, how the MIND operates, the structure of samsara which is nothing more than a pit, we are all trapped in due to the circling and eternal natured of reality itself with a point of departure (Tao), travel (Samsara) and return (Tao again or nirvana as the end of the journey using Buddhist terminology).

No mysticism, no religious beliefs, it's basically an understanding of how things operate.

But MORALITY is a key component of practice as Bagua circle walk totally purifies the mind, gives you a clearer understanding of the totality and let's you return to the source as long as you are near the end: however this doesn't mean only few should practice it, far from that, I belief everyone would benefit for such an amazing art. IMO, and as a result of prolonged, totally dedicated prwztice and commitment to it and removal of everything else I can certainly say that no other practice delivers do

much with such simplicity.

Buddha = A to Z and excludes everything else, the work is done vertically from the root to the tip snd then the final leap

to nirvana, via central channel. Only suited to a Buddha.

Bagua = A to Z but also everything in between (rest of the alphabet) since it is life itself in a circling manner making sure every obstacles in its way are completely vaporised. Suited to anyone with great dedication and understanding how the art operates.

Taoism = A to Z but gets lost in the branches with numerous unnecessary and overtly complicated practices and rituals. Ignores the law of karma and rebirth, the major flaw of the practice. Some schools don't even include or discuss the nature of the mind.

Sorry about the last post not having paragraphs, I had to use a phone.

Thanks for reading this.

Basically Bagua incorporates the knowledge and practices of Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism (anything you of make sure is thinking of how it will benefit society as a whole).

Right now the Earth and Humanity is in poor shape because it hasn't learn to adapt to the changes imposed by the Guas. It's in a our reality is currently going through the Wood cycle and humans instead of nourishing their "livers" with water they are feeding it with negative fire (greed, lust and excessive materialism and reliance on technology) and have deviated from the natural order. Gods feel sorry for us but there is nothing they can do even though one of them (Brahma/Yehovah)

has created this plane and humans according to its design with the help of many devas.

Bagua is a great art to return to a pre-birth level

and also benefit others as role models.

We need more good people to show society that it is consuming itself and destroying the natural environment and causing

a lot of suffering not only to themselves but to our fellow animals, trees, plants and right above us earth spirits who ate in charge of maintaining Nature's balance and order in the Yin level. Earth spirits are quiet upset and some don't want anything to do with humans. Children and spiritual seekers are aware of their existence but how could you convince society at large that our planet is an incredibly complex and sensitive organism and that anything we do to it we do it to ourselves.

:)

Happy full moon and practice!

With Bagua walking life is a experience itself, also the joys of cultivating nearly full time, living alone, absolute celibacy, Chinese TCM diet, practice in the park amongst old wonderful trees and lovely birds, go to the mountains and the ocean for seated meditation practice from time to time...I don't know how long I can live this easy life because I live in a Western country with increasing cost of living which sooner or later will force me to start working f/t again...this won't happen so eventually I'll need to join the Sangha of monks, not that I like too much this option, I prefer the semi-hermit life :)

I hope your practices go all well too, we are all in the same boat.

And yes LUST and DELUSION are tough to beat but trust me Bagua erases EVERYTHING until only the primordial MIND is left finally at peace fully vibrating with the Source.

Peace!

Sign in to follow this