Oneironaut

Yi Gong - I would like to know what this spontaneous qigong stye is like

I've been keeping an eye on this specific form of qigong. When it is said to be spontaneous what exactly is meant by that? Is it like seiki jutsu in that regard?

Secondly does the style open up and utilize the macro/microcosmic orbit? 

Lastly, for those who practice it, what are your experiences like?

• Like 1

I can't speak specifically to the Yi Gong you mention but Zifagong (spontaneous qigong) is the hidden sixth figure of the Soaring Crane (Hexiang Zhuang) practice. I have a lot of previous experience and in a nutshell would comapare it with drugs. If you're of solidly sound mind and well-grounded in your daily life, you can probably get away with using them, and may even find benefit in the activity. But if you're a little off-kilter to begin with, they'll probably exacerbate and worsen your condition, and your life in general.

The basic idea behind spontaneous qigong is to set the mind (yi) aside and allow the qi to course through the channels, all of them, including of course the inner branches, spntaneously, unimpeded. The expanding qi is said to land where it's needed most, filling gaps, bridging separations, disolving blockages, draining excesses, and generally restoring proper harmony. The energetic flow has physical expression, and that can be observed by an outsider, but the practitioner should remain mostly unaware of it.

It's pretty advanced stuff, to be honest and I'd guesstimate the percentage of practitioners who genuinely achieve Zifa to be quite small. In other words, it's easy to fake it and to fool yourself into believing you're a lot further along the path than you really are.

• Like 3

I am very insensitive to most subtle energies from qigong. I usually can only feel sensations in my hands after doing qigong for 10 years, 2-4 times a day and trying about 80 different methods. However, when I learned Yi Gong from Jenny Lamb dvd, the spontaneous movements happened quickly even though it did not happen consistently, it was hit and miss. There is no fooling yourself when you feel the qi build up and then your legs and hands start to move on their own. It is a blast when that happens. But during the sessions when it does not happen it sure is boring sitting there in the specific posture waiting. I stopped doing the method because it was inconsistent in when it would give results. Very easy to learn and do but the most powerful method that my medical clairvoyant ever tested in his career.

Edited by tao stillness
to add a point.
  • Like 1

But during the sessions when it does not happen it sure is boring sitting there in the specific posture waiting.

Movements are just a purification...the posture itself is the key. This is a method on the spiritual path, where we meditate. Is meditation boring? Is the present moment, the clarity of awareness, the sense of being alive, boring? Is stillness not something we aim for? What are we waiting to happen, when we do a spiritual practice?

Very easy to learn and do but the most powerful method that my medical clairvoyant ever tested in his career.

It is powerful...there are other ones that exist which are equally or more powerful.

• Like 2

Movements are just a purification...the posture itself is the key. This is a method on the spiritual path, where we meditate. Is meditation boring? Is the present moment, the clarity of awareness, the sense of being alive, boring? Is stillness not something we aim for? What are we waiting to happen, when we do a spiritual practice?

It is powerful...there are other ones that exist which are equally or more powerful.

Which systems are more powerful?

There are different systems that do different things, some of which might be better suited to a particular practitioner.  But more powerful we don´t need.  Lots of folks had trouble with Kunlun/Yi Gung, and it wasn´t because it wasn´t powerful enough.   :glare:

• Like 1

For true spontenous qigong you need to be initiated, otherwise it's "random qigong" and various natural forces of the place will have effect on your practice so you will never develop on high level unless you are lucky. 

I did some Kunlun. (Did lots of other sorts of Zifa before). Yes, it was strange, felt a bit psychotic. Also the teacher seemed a bit weird (nice guy!) and told strange stories about his teacher's experiences with "entities". Have to say I prefer the more "purely somatic" down-to-earth stuff, healing and cleaning from the body with a relaxed mind...  

• Like 1

This reminds me of the patience and mindfulness needed for a Kundalini awakening. Both utilize the idea of a spontaneous grasp on the idea of insight and enlightenment..

You need to have satori enlightenment to reach this stage of spontaneity.

On 5/15/2016 at 9:49 PM, tao stillness said:

I am very insensitive to most subtle energies from qigong. I usually can only feel sensations in my hands after doing qigong for 10 years, 2-4 times a day and trying about 30 different methods. However, when I learned Yi Gong from Jenny Lamb dvd, the spontaneous movements happened quickly even though it did not happen consistently, it was hit and miss. There is no fooling yourself when you feel the qi build up and then your legs and hands start to move on their own. It is a blast when that happens. But during the sessions when it does not happen it sure is boring sitting there in the specific posture waiting. I stopped doing the method because it was inconsistent in when it would give results. Very easy to learn and do but the most powerful method that my medical clairvoyant ever tested in his career.

It's worth mentioning on the last point that when Eric tested its effects on me the result was very different, saying it would create imbalances. It really depends on the person.

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 1

Yes, most people do not understand that the qigong method has to fit the person. One size does not fit all. That is the value of having methods tested by Eric.

• Like 1

As a result of clairvoyant testing of forms I have changed my Qigong routine at the start of the New Year.

I do Fragrant Qigong by Master Tian, along with using that tradition's method for making Fragrant Qigong water.

And my other form is One Finger Zen Qigong by Ken Cohen. There is no mistaking the Qi that is put into the hands from this one. Keep in mind it is not done just to be able to eventually heal others with Qi, it creates much Qi that circulates in the entire body for your own personal benefits, per Ken Cohen and per the recent testing by Eric Isen.

I also do a total of 30 minutes of La-Chi method from Chi-Lel.

And Awakening the Soul form from Sheng Zhen Qigong. 

Edited by tao stillness
to add a point.
  • Like 1

Hi all, I opened up a thread but noone replied so I thought I ask directly those who engage in these practices:

Anyone practices pontaneous/ZifaGong with Music?

What Kind of Music do you "use/recommend"?

Do you focus your choice on spiritual qualities ("aura", "fragrance", "channeling", "peacefulness" ....) activating rhythm, relaxing mood, enhancing fluidity or hat else?

Thanks

(sorry to bother you on several Threads, will be done soon ;-)