taoguy

Preventing Jing Loss

Hi all,

I'm currently working on preserving my jing. I try not to arouse any sexual thoughts by having detachment towards the body (anatta principle in Buddhism) and so far it's been quite successful. However, the problem comes when I sometimes ejaculate in sleep (non-sexual dreams). It's already been 2-3 months, and it happens. So I was wondering if there is any method that can help with this?

Thank you.

-taoguy

Edited by taoguy

There are teas you can drink. Rehmannia and chasteberry comes to my mind right now.

• Like 1

jing is lost because there is desire to do something with the body, and seeing past those desires will preserve jing. if you are practicing celibacy, but are having nocturnal emissions, it means that the desire was simply suppressed, but the jing was still formed into seminal fluid. However, refining sexual desire isnt the only way to preserve jing, dont overeat, dont tax the physical body too much. Some things cannot be avoided due to life circumstances but try your best to be moderate with your activities. Also, going out to get some sun will help a lot too

Edited by 子泰
  • Like 4

I agree with above.

And if your system remembers sexual desire, that might be what you are good at. So your system might need retraining. Because I am no good at puttning this in writing, (warning commersial) Damo Mitchells book daoist neigung have a section about this that more or less mirrors my experience of this over the years.

• Like 2

Could you provide some details about your training routine?

Regards.

I mainly do Kumbhaka breathing and Anapanasati breath meditation, as well as white skeleton visualization (where you imagine the body's meat falling apart to reveal a white skeleton within, and then disperses in the end). This happens daily. I also do zhan-zhuang on some days.

There are teas you can drink. Rehmannia and chasteberry comes to my mind right now.

Thank you, I will check them out.

jing is lost because there is desire to do something with the body, and seeing past those desires will preserve jing. if you are practicing celibacy, but are having nocturnal emissions, it means that the desire was simply suppressed, but the jing was still formed into seminal fluid. However, refining sexual desire isnt the only way to preserve jing, dont overeat, dont tax the physical body too much. Some things cannot be avoided due to life circumstances but try your best to be moderate with your activities. Also, going out to get some sun will help a lot too

Hmm, that makes sense. It might appear that way. So if the jing is already formed into seminal fluid, I might as well ejaculate it? Yes, I'm trying to cut down on eating too much too. However, I need to do weekly exercise because I have a commitment to keep fit, will that cause jing problems?

I agree with above.

And if your system remembers sexual desire, that might be what you are good at. So your system might need retraining. Because I am no good at puttning this in writing, (warning commersial) Damo Mitchells book daoist neigung have a section about this that more or less mirrors my experience of this over the years.

Hmm, okay I will check out that book too.

Hi all,

I'm currently working on preserving my jing. I try not to arouse any sexual thoughts by having detachment towards the body (anatta principle in Buddhism) and so far it's been quite successful. However, the problem comes when I sometimes ejaculate in sleep (non-sexual dreams). It's already been 2-3 months, and it happens. So I was wondering if there is any method that can help with this?

Thank you.

-taoguy

ONLY the Quick Fire method converts your subconscious creation of reproductive fluid back into yin jing energy.

Or to put it into Wang Liping's terms.

Waidong gong” [practice of external movement] is used mainly to open up the meridians and getting ‘qi’ fast, but it can only be utilized to transform ‘qi’ [post-heaven qi] into ‘qi’ [pre-heaven qi].

http://laoziacademy.us/method2.htm

So for nocturnal emissions - if you do your standing active exercise more with the knees bent, ideally thighs parallel to the ground - the goal is for the legs to vibrate 7 times per second as this induces parasympathetic rebound and Quick Fire breathing.

Only the Quick Fire breath has the power to convert the generative fluid back into yin jing.

Now to convert the yin jing back into yin qi or yang jing then you need Emptiness meditation - which means the yin jing sublimates into the brain and the pineal gland transduces it into yin qi from the yuan qi and this then fuses with and increases the yuan shen light - this alchemical fusion then flows down the throat via the sinus cavity - with the tongue against the roof of the mouth activating the vagus nerve for increased saliva production. So the cerebrospinal fluid overflows into the sinus cavity from the increase pressure of the sublimated jing energy.

O.K. so that's the main way to restore the Yuan Jing - as Wang Liping says you need 6 hours of full lotus practice a day to do that - for a year - since full lotus combines the movement with the stillness.

But what I find is that if I don't purify the energy enough at night from active standing exercise - or eating too much yang food - along with too much lower frequency energy interaction during the day - so then you have to wake yourself up from sleep and then jump into the horse stance. The Quick Fire breathing with flexing of the biggest muscle of the body - the glutes - and anal flexing - and reverse breathing - that they converts the fluid back into yin jing energy. What happens is this is the internal vagus nerve bliss - from the extreme sympathetic rebounding to the parasympathetic extreme. If you actually ejaculate that means that the parasympathetic has triggered a spike in cortisol stress and loss of energy.  If the qi leaves the lower tan tien it turns into reproductive fluid.

So you can study the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" for more details: it's based on Huiming Ching which states that the Quick Fire method is the key secret to stop the loss of jing energy from ejaculation. Traditionally this would be trance dancing or self-induced hyperventilation but you want the knees bent and the Yin Heel channel energy has to build up as the Ocean of Qi is the Conception Vessel below the lower tan tien - that has to fill up first before the lower tan tien is really activated.

• Like 1

Hmm, that makes sense. It might appear that way. So if the jing is already formed into seminal fluid, I might as well ejaculate it? Yes, I'm trying to cut down on eating too much too. However, I need to do weekly exercise because I have a commitment to keep fit, will that cause jing problems?

It won't be a problem. Just don't overwork your body during exercise, but I'm sure you're already aware of that.

It's natural. Focus on your spiritual practice instead of micromanaging something that has little to do with true progress.

Why at all do you want to cultivate just Jing?

Sleep on your left side as much as possible.

h

Meditate and hour before you go to sleep. This should affectively sublimate the baser energies upwards and thus prevent nocturnal emissions.

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

Your diet goes a long way towards helping in this regard. Eat Sattvic food (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sattvic_diet)

Also as others pointed out, you can transmute this by practicing internal alchemy. When sattva (shen) increases, the desire will naturally subside. Forcing suppression is not the way, imho.

Why at all do you want to cultivate just Jing?

Sleep on your left side as much as possible.

h

Why on the left side?

Every Taoist book I've read says sleep on the right side because your heart is on your left side - so less weight on the heart and less energy expended if you sleep on the right side.

Also, don't sleep with any pressure on your privates, or as little as possible. Erections happen all night long, and any excess pressure can cause ejaculation, given the increased sensitivity of the tissue during sublimatory practices. I think the supine position is the most favorable myself.

Master Ni, Huangi-chi says sleeping on the back causes loss of jing because the yin shen spirits suck off your energy - succubi.

so right side - dragon coil position detailed in Taoist Yoga book.  thanks.

I mainly do Kumbhaka breathing and Anapanasati breath meditation, as well as white skeleton visualization (where you imagine the body's meat falling apart to reveal a white skeleton within, and then disperses in the end). This happens daily. I also do zhan-zhuang on some days.

Not enough. You need to do a lot of leg work to open and cleanse all the leg meridians (and the rest of the energetic body which includes the internal organs and the mind as the core of the engine).

Look at Bagua and Xingyi as the best practices for this, especially the first one.

Reading books won't help, I'm afraid.

Best of luck.

Master Ni, Huangi-chi says sleeping on the back causes loss of jing because the yin shen spirits suck off your energy - succubi.

Interesting. I do like sleeping on my right side. I guess then, that one should arrange ones loins so that there will be little chance of contact with anything in the evening. Boxers vs. Briefs! Lol

Jing being a physical substance is a mistake. Raise your vitality to increase Jing. Extreme sexual desire creates loss find the middle way, retention practiced with too much thought and energy is unnatural and is an extreme.

Blood flow to your genital region is higher after a workout, making your sexual function go off the charts. Testosterone levels also skyrocket when you exercise, so you’ll certainly be in the mood.

Having sex can improve your sleep cycle, lower your blood pressure, ease stress, burn calories, clear up nasal congestion, fight depression and yes, can help you live longer.

• Like 3

Why on the left side?

Every Taoist book I've read says sleep on the right side because your heart is on your left side - so less weight on the heart and less energy expended if you sleep on the right side.

The left side does put slightly more pressure on the heart, yet it prevents nocturnal emissions more efficiently according to my teacher. I did not however get the whole explanation why.

It works though.

h

The goal is making chi. The balls are for making sperm. The balls shud retract when qi is being made. No fluid. Quick fire fast deep breathing from knees bent and thighs parallel to ground is method only with power to convert fluid back into yin jing.

If there is succubus/incubus leaching off your jing, you need to physically and spiritually purify and protect your home, especially your bedroom.  Sleeping on the side wont matter, they'll just suck from the feet or flip you onto your back while you're asleep.  Or they'll subtly incourage you to masterbate and feed off the ejaculate.  This is something I've very recently had experience with.  Not sure if the problem is solved yet either (so any help on the subject would be much appreciated).

In Ayurveda, sleeping on the right side is said to increase Pitta ('fire', hot, light, intense, penetrating, pungent, sharp, acidic) because the exit of the stomach is on the right side, and digestion is forced to increase.  If you go to bed on a full stomach, and sleep on the right side, the stomach will most likely empty before the food is properly digested -- which is not recommended.

Sleeping on the left is said to increase Kapha ('water', heavy, slow, steady, solid, cold, soft, oily), the digestion is slowed or stopped because of where that places the exit of the stomach.

Edited by kio