GreytoWhite

Gathering Questions for Sifu Lloyd Day

Hey guys I'm going to be interviewing my xingyi and bagua sifu soon and wanted to know what you guys were curious about. Lloyd is a classmate of Ben Hill Bey and trained with Kenny Gong in New York. He is certified to teach the system by Tom Morrissey who lives here in Phoenix. Lloyd has also spent extensive time with the Diné people also known as Navajo and speaks their language. I'll be spending the day with him this upcoming weekend and will have a lot of time.

Fire away guys!

Edited by GreytoWhite
  • Like 3

Do you see any parallels between eastern practices and philosophy and the Dine people?   Also what important lessons have you learned from them?  

Are there any shamanic principles or ideas we should bring into our meditative practices? 

• Like 3

Perhaps a little bit of personal history and practice anecdotes for us who aren't yet acquainted with your Sifu, i always love to hear that kind of stuff :)

More concrete questions:

What are his thoughts on the relationship between the internal martial arts and the external martial arts?

There is a widespread notion that the internal martial arts share a common core or are closely related. In Sifu Lloyds opinion, do xingyi and bagua share the same or similar mechanics and aspects?

How do they differ (besides the obvious physical forms etc)?

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 2

My understanding is that Palm strikes are very important in many martial systems, I've found them specially emphasized in Bagua and there seem to be so many different kinds. Could you elaborate on this subject of Palm Strikes, the vast variety and there usage in martial arts?