zerostao

2016 us election

At the request of the CT Secretary of State recently, UCONN professor Laurent Michel who is an expert in IT security and his students hacked a standard optical scan voting machine and inserted a payload script that caused the vote tallies to change in favor of one candidate at a certain time during the election, then self-erase afterwards. It took less than 10 minutes alone with a machine and the code was also able to propagate to other machines if that card was used as a master to batch program the other machines. I believe this is the same machine type that will be used in CA.

If you want a smoking gun, have the police isolate a couple of the machines just before the election starts (ie take it out of service) and have the PCMCIA card in it checked. You should find your hard evidence of tampering.

her predecessor did a heck of a job with the electoral fraud in the past...

...and I'm trying to remember just how long ago it was that someone else proved this can be done with relative ease.  musta been 2006 or 2008?

yeah, I dont think google got huge and became "the" only search engine for quite a while for nothing

its kind of like how microsoft did so, and then you find out that they've been writing hacks into the OS for the government

• Like 2

her predecessor did a heck of a job with the electoral fraud in the past...

...and I'm trying to remember just how long ago it was that someone else proved this can be done with relative ease.  musta been 2006 or 2008?

they were talking about it before the 2000 election, and yet, we still use the dang things.

i offer 3 suggestions

over turn citizens united, what a political double speak title that is. call it what it is>>oligarchy enabler 

get rid of these voting machines

and dig up shakespeare to change, "first we kill the lawyers" replace lawyers with ""news"" media moguls"

the "press" and i dont think that term is even valid anymore for a "journalist" but once upon a time in a land of democracy, the press would press the politicians, they would even use devices, such as a follow up question, for instance to press towards finding answers to issues or potential issues,,,there was an uneasy tension between the press and politicians.

nowadays, here in oligarchy land, 

the so called "press" is snug and cozy, fat and happy, with the establishment politicians, attending black tie events where they toast each other, wining and dining, sharing little inside jokes, all paid for by citizens united, which allows untold fortunes to find its way to the media(oligarchy enablers)

the last thing the media wants is the overturn of citizens united. it is an incredible gravy train for those willing to forego their journalistic duty in favor of greased palms. and it looks like about 99.9% of "journalists" made the switch long ago. 

look at these two major candidates for POTUS. after a long line of choosing the lesser of two evils, this is where we are now.

the 21st century has been a nightmare in america.

the question is, will we wake up from it?

edit>> i noticed on the brexit thread, where karl said he was alarmed at something being pushed at the universities. what i noticed this past semester, was, fellow students arguing against the first amendment,

the freedom of speech and a free press.

Edited by zerostao

He got a little emotional there for a minute.  Hehehe.

He said something that I hadn't been considering though - no Independent was able to vote in the primaries in most states.  Independents would be the ones most likely to vote for Sanders.  They didn't even get to vote.

That's one of the reasons I don't vote in the primaries.  I think they are rigged.  And I also believe that anyone who is qualified should be on the general election ballot.

Of course, he can still run Independent.  There still exists the possibility that we will have more choices than just Clinton or Trump.

• Like 1

Mike Malloy states this very well!

top of the list, he's just a complete psychopath just waiting to break out into insanity?  I love how people just spout off all kinds of garbage without even qualifying it, as if the statement alone is sufficient evidence of its veracity.

Clinton does not have the judgement to be president?   This guy is talking out his ass. 

While Sanders - he speaks from the heart - and that's why the young people of the country are saying no to trump and clinton?  *facepalm* bwaaahahahahahaha.  yes, its only those youngens that havent had their brain totally washed, its not like the group of kids he's talking about are the product of a dumbed down college financing scheme that has been infused with all kinds of anti constitutional anti american notions over the last few decades.

they're the ones that'll have to deal with the shit "we" left....when...oh, wait, we'll all be here to deal with said shit too, so whatever the hell he's talking about, is it decades into the future or something?

and then he acts all incredulous that his choices are evil vs less evil.  Has this guy ever voted in a presidential election before?  Voted in the last 6, 7?  evil, evil, evil ,  and evil. 

News flash there Malloy, so long as your analysis completely ignores banksterism, its going to necessarily be completely faulty and lack any predictive capability whatsoever.

Clinton  has the PERFECT judgement to be president - in the real world where banksters own and control the federal government.  People that have such lines of dead bodies, guns, drugs and corruption behind them simply dont rise to such heights unless VERY protected. 

Outside of Trump saying what's on his mind, I dont know how people are calling him a psycho...unless of course one listens to the bankster paid TV mouthpieces that dont want him throwing a monkey wrench in their bankster plans.

Oh right, I forgot, enforcing the borders is racist :lol:

All I've seen from Bernie is "let's add to the debt and fix this thing by...uh...getting more people college degrees, and making sure we have equal rights," and all that other happy horse shit that will do nothing to address the root cause of the problem.   Bern's a career politician that is beholden to the mechanations of the institution, he's not going to change a damned thing, he'll be sitting there trying to tread water and not let the edifice blow up under his watch.  He's been in congress long enough to know that the banks control everything, and he will play according to that playbook - if anyone doubts that, go check the congressional record and see his efforts to water down the audit the fed bill - just like Warren - when the chips are down, they act in approved ways.

I mean, not that I support the electoral fraud the DNC has pulled against him, at all...and I think there has been enough youthful brainwashing having happened that he WOULD win against Trump, but for whatever reason, cankles  got told to wait her turn, and its her turn now, hell with what the plebes want...

• Like 1

top of the list, he's just a complete psychopath just waiting to break out into insanity?  I love how people just spout off all kinds of garbage without even qualifying it, as if the statement alone is sufficient evidence of its veracity.

Clinton does not have the judgement to be president?   This guy is talking out his ass. 

While Sanders - he speaks from the heart - and that's why the young people of the country are saying no to trump and clinton?  *facepalm* bwaaahahahahahaha.  yes, its only those youngens that havent had their brain totally washed, its not like the group of kids he's talking about are the product of a dumbed down college financing scheme that has been infused with all kinds of anti constitutional anti american notions over the last few decades.

they're the ones that'll have to deal with the shit "we" left....when...oh, wait, we'll all be here to deal with said shit too, so whatever the hell he's talking about, is it decades into the future or something?

and then he acts all incredulous that his choices are evil vs less evil.  Has this guy ever voted in a presidential election before?  Voted in the last 6, 7?  evil, evil, evil ,  and evil. 

News flash there Malloy, so long as your analysis completely ignores banksterism, its going to necessarily be completely faulty and lack any predictive capability whatsoever.

Clinton  has the PERFECT judgement to be president - in the real world where banksters own and control the federal government.  People that have such lines of dead bodies, guns, drugs and corruption behind them simply dont rise to such heights unless VERY protected. 

Outside of Trump saying what's on his mind, I dont know how people are calling him a psycho...unless of course one listens to the bankster paid TV mouthpieces that dont want him throwing a monkey wrench in their bankster plans.

Oh right, I forgot, enforcing the borders is racist :lol:

All I've seen from Bernie is "let's add to the debt and fix this thing by...uh...getting more people college degrees, and making sure we have equal rights," and all that other happy horse shit that will do nothing to address the root cause of the problem.   Bern's a career politician that is beholden to the mechanations of the institution, he's not going to change a damned thing, he'll be sitting there trying to tread water and not let the edifice blow up under his watch.  He's been in congress long enough to know that the banks control everything, and he will play according to that playbook - if anyone doubts that, go check the congressional record and see his efforts to water down the audit the fed bill - just like Warren - when the chips are down, they act in approved ways.

I mean, not that I support the electoral fraud the DNC has pulled against him, at all...and I think there has been enough youthful brainwashing having happened that he WOULD win against Trump, but for whatever reason, cankles  got told to wait her turn, and its her turn now, hell with what the plebes want...

Exactly. Hillary is the right choice for a crony regime and is probably the only choice to govern such a thing.

The whole thing is a complete croc, as is our phone elections. You have primaries and we have in party selection in which loyal labour, or Conservative areas are given to favoured candidates within the parties. No dissent is tolerated and if you are a rebellious kind of of party member you get put into an area where there is zero chance of a win.

• Like 1

There are many articles in regards to Trump's behavior and this one for those who are interested, can lead to further reading. I neither trust Trump or Hillary, especially, when it comes to a wider use of the military.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/11/donald-trump-narcissism-therapists

Excellent book on narcissism that I read some years back.  Hard hitting.  Trump is blatant example.

• Like 1

There are many articles in regards to Trump's behavior and this one for those who are interested, can lead to further reading. I neither trust Trump or Hillary, especially, when it comes to a wider use of the military.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/11/donald-trump-narcissism-therapists

Well you do have a history of electing them. Obama must be one of the most narcissistic people you could wish to meet, it's so bad that he does think he is black Jesus. The USA have been heading towards tyranny for quite a while, Obama pretty much has set the scene for some despot to grab the reins. I don't think Trump is that despot, but he is setting the pace for a more publicly open kind of despotism which Obama carefully concealed with a degree of wit and manipulation. Hilary might well be the one that takes it to the next level.

Well you do have a history of electing them. Obama must be one of the most narcissistic people you could wish to meet, it's so bad that he does think he is black Jesus. The USA have been heading towards tyranny for quite a while, Obama pretty much has set the scene for some despot to grab the reins. I don't think Trump is that despot, but he is setting the pace for a more publicly open kind of despotism which Obama carefully concealed with a degree of wit and manipulation. Hilary might well be the one that takes it to the next level.

Black Jesus? Give me a break! You expect me to believe this unfounded rant?

Edited by ralis

'Black Jesus' is a racial stereotype.

Edited by ralis

Actually, Obama does not fit the profile of a narcissist. Narcissists tend to charismatically embrace those who agree with them (though even those people are on thin ice) and *actively* destroy those who disagree. Narcissists are very much about their own point of view and are not good enough at seeing others' points of view to dialogue well, and so are reduced to fiery extremes of embracing / bullying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyc4cQ9DkQ4

i

I really highly recommend the book I linked to... if you want to use this election cycle to get some solid piece of education about an interesting and pertinent topic.

p.s.

The topic of "narcissism" is *really* a full topic that is not easily reducable to a cliche. And shades of that personality type do occasionally show up in many people's lives and... narcissists are *serious* bullies who have *lots* of energy and *no* sense of boundaries, and tend to be *initially* charismatically engaging... all of which adds up to serious damage for those who get entangled with them. That book pulls no punches and describes narcissists in a very serious way, from an author who has *lots* of professional therapeutic experience.

Reading that book will give you actual insight and education that you can take away with you from this whole election cycle, (also likely applicable in your immediate life at some point) rather than just watching the trainwreck for the temporary spectacle of it.

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 1

Black Jesus? Give me a break! You expect me to believe this unfounded rant?

That's how he has been referred to by David Axelrod his campaign manager. Even Oprah called him 'the one'.

"Lesser of two evils" saying never really seemed appropriate as it does now.  In the past, I thought politicians were just douchebags and not really "evil" per se.  However, between Hillary Clinton, funded by military-industrial complex, Koch brothers, and the private prison system; and Donald Trump, with his fickle views built on ignorance and hate.... I am starting to believe in evil again.  Although to be fair, Trump may be too stupid to truly be evil, he is just a dangerous buffoon.

• Like 2

"Lesser of two evils" saying never really seemed appropriate as it does now.  In the past, I thought politicians were just douchebags and not really "evil" per se.  However, between Hillary Clinton, funded by military-industrial complex, Koch brothers, and the private prison system; and Donald Trump, with his fickle views built on ignorance and hate.... I am starting to believe in evil again.  Although to be fair, Trump may be too stupid to truly be evil, he is just a dangerous buffoon.

After Obama endorsed Clinton, the White House press secretary when asked regarding the FBI email investigation, admitted that the investigation is one of a criminal matter. Yet, her blissed out supporters fail to consider the ramifications of her actions.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Crooked Hillary living up to her nickname and there's plenty more where this came from...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clinton-donor-sensitive-intelligence-board/story?id=39710624

she is the personification of nefarious. that link demonstrates egregious activity in a state role, at the highest level.

why isnt this single action considered enough to totally disqualify her?

and she has done far worse than this, no doubt about it.

it is looking like the anti clinton supporters of sanders are daring him to get in line with her.

that group is still highly energized and now somewhat organized.

• Like 2