Arya

Effects of reverse breathing

Hello again, friends. 

This time my concern is with 'reverse breathing' aka lower abdomen contracting on inhale. I have read older posts on the forums about it and it is also called 'embryonic or fetal breathing' if I am not mistaken.

Anyways, I started doing this type of breathing automatically earlier this year when I abstained for a few months. It started after about a month in. As such, I never looked it up or anything but I used to lift weights and then when I quit lifting weights I made an attempt to develop what I called 'Jhanic breathing' i.e. whole-body breathing. 

So to successfully do this type of breathing, contracting the lower abdomen and expanding the diaphragm was the only way and it was effortless.

Breathing this way started to raise my awareness, improve cognition, metabolism, health etc. 

I started to look younger, more vibrant and started to refrain from bad habits, with ease. It made me flexible, greatly increased strength & stamina and removed body tension, especially at the neck region. A lot more benefits but basically it changed my whole state of being. 

But what happened was that I started sucking in the female's 'jing' as the wise Mr. Drew Hempel had stated. So I got addicted to that for awhile but never did it that much because it drained me and then I wanted to have sex and intimacy or whatever. 

Now it's going to be two months with abstaining so far and I had unconsciously stopped reverse breathing somewhere in the middle of this and so I have become quite stupid, and paranoid, even a bit insane. But I started doing reverse breathing again today and feel great again.

So the problem is that people behave strange when I do reverse breathing because I am basically not afflicted by lower emotions if I do it albeit at the start there is like today I was incredibly afraid of barking dogs but it smooths out and then there's not much emotion. 

That's why I stopped doing reverse breathing because I was probably sucking in female's energy by default, which I am afraid of honestly and people behave strange. I could do reverse breathing all day non-stop because it feels that good and the benefits are insane.

But another problem is that I only want to do reverse breathing now cause that's what feels comfortable. It's hard for me to breathe 'normally', and I don't know what to say about that.

Okay, so I looked up the bodies of the Jinas -

here, take a look at their bodies - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/Tirthankaras.jpg/800px-Tirthankaras.jpg

Slim waist, large chest, small genitals and various other features make it seem like they only 'reverse' breathe. Jinas are parallel to Buddhas from the Jaina religion. Basically perfectly enlightened but they stay nude and a perfectly enlightened being has the perfect body. This is the shape my body takes after constant reverse breathing.

Anyways, are their any detrimental effects of breathing like this? That's what I wanted to ask. I'll end the post here because apparently I'm having a strange sort of orgasm from all that reverse breathing. Wow!

Edited by Arya

Hello again, friends. 

This time my concern is with 'reverse breathing' aka lower abdomen contracting on inhale. I have read older posts on the forums about it and it is also called 'embryonic or fetal breathing' if I am not mistaken.

Well, I think that if one wanted to gain more flexibility of their rib cage it would be a good thing.  But it's not natural so why do it?

Edited by Marblehead

If its occurring naturally and unforced then i don't think its likely to harm you. There are many types of cool breath based practices and as you said the benefits are awesome.

In regards to your problems, don't forget to pursue some form of self-purification that's gradually clearing out the blocked channels in our body. It's easy to be in these "High" states and feel like everything is great. But in reality we can be sitting in a pile of our own shit and learning to like the smell. 

The Peace and Equanimity gained through practice must be developed into a calm and flowing stream. Not jerky rapids with occasional siestas. This requires taking out the "trash' in our own body. 

In terms of your problems of absorbing women's jing and feeling psychically scattered. I don't know much about the jing part...but psychic self defense is worth studying so you don't pick up peoples junk as your in the process of unloading your own. Hope this is helpful. Blessings. 

Edited by OldChi

damn it, I had a nocturnal emission for the first time in my life today

well these two months were not beneficial anyways, although I learnt a few things, like proper morality.

I'm leaving the celibate lifestyle and going back to working out properly. Meditation is for recluses.

well these two months were not beneficial anyways, although I learnt a few things, like proper morality.

I'm leaving the celibate lifestyle and going back to working out properly. Meditation is for recluses.

Beautiful!!!  And find a girlfriend.

Really???  Hehehehe....  Jing generated and conserved or held back from lustful thoughts are considered useless jing...according to some Taoist texts.  These jing can not be transmuted into Chi.  Semen retention isn't really necessary to transmute your jing into chi.  Trust me on this...:)  However, you should not leak it too frequently either.  However, if the jing energy is generated not by lust or getting horny and you manage to conserve it, you would have a break through in your meditation.  Or you can easily transmute your jing into the chi and chi to shen and the "spirit of vitality," "white light," would be stronger, bigger, and more stable.  

I think the subject of semen retention is very much misunderstood by a lot of people.     

From what I know about reverse breathing, it is intended to increase one's power. In my research, I've come across Western scientists who say that reverse breathing simulated how we are in states of anxiety. This makes sense because when we are feeling anxious, then we might be drawing in more energy to deal with our issue. Western research has also confirmed the absolutely calming and healing effects of belly breathing. 

So while belly breathing tends to calm and center, reverse breathing increases energy. However, energy destabilizes. In Buddhist teachings, energy is related to the element of air or wind. Air or wind blows things away, and the stronger the wind, the more destructive is can be. Personally, I think it is this destabilizing increase of energy that causes many of the psychological problems in these teachings. I think that's why so much time and emphasis is spent in both Buddhist and Taoist teachings developing a proper container that can hold these energies by rooting, centering, and grounding. 

Without a proper foundation, one can only go so high. Just some of my thoughts on the matter.

• Like 2

I don't know. When I stopped paying attention to breathing i.e being mindful at all of my body, feelings, mental phenomenon etc. in the middle of this streak then I started going insane and had incredibly harmful intrusive thoughts. THis is what I get for abstaining from sexuality? Wow, the mind is an abomination. Only meditation could quell it.

But when I sat down to meditate, I could not breathe i.e. belly-breathe which I was making an effort to do as I had forgotten about reverse-breathing. Then the day before my nocturnal emission, I started doing it and then I felt great & energetic.

Basically belly-breathing was not possible about 2 months into retention because there was too much stuck energy, possibly, beneath and around the heart. So I could not breathe that way, it was very uncomfortable. Now after that tension has gone, I can belly breathe fine and reverse-breathing doesn't come as naturally to me - have to force it.

So I am going with abstaining again and this time I would overpower the intrusive thoughts & anger with sadness. Sadness from the fact that I do not have a wife or girlfriend because it tends to help till I get to the point of reverse breathing properly and then I'll feel like a God.

Yesterday I went to the mall after masturbating and I felt like a GHost, seriously. COmpletely and utterly like a ghost. People would not even look at me and when I was abstaining for that long, I felt like a significant being and everyone would take glances at me and be kind & friendly to me, listen to me.

My awareness decreased incredibly and life does not feel purposeful at all. Now, this is a reset and I have to plan out things in a different way this time.

My whole practice is based on maneuvering around whole-body breathing and how to make it optimal and effortless.

Edited by Arya

So I am going with abstaining again and this time I would overpower the intrusive thoughts & anger with sadness. Sadness from the fact that I do not have a wife or girlfriend because it tends to help till I get to the point of reverse breathing properly and then I'll feel like a God.

I rarely take a firm stance against any kind of practice because there is a time and a place for everything. But to my sensibilities, this method is retarded. Sadness is a not a particular vibration you want to be cultivating on a regular basis.

However, if using emotions for cultivation is something you resonate with then practicing and circulating the Inner Smile would be quite beneficial. You want to utilize higher vibrations that dissolve through blockages in your system such as: Love, Confidence, Happiness, Orgasm and Relaxation.

Vibrations like sadness depress the system if cultivated and will likely leave you worse off than you were. Take your head out of your ass...your not the first person to go through these struggles. People whom have walked the path before you developed methods to make overcoming these internal obstacles easier so that others wouldn't have to suffer the process of running into brick walls like they did. Hope this was helpful and best of luck.

So, yeah, I found out today that sadness isn't an option. Anger just overpowers everything in entirety.

You mention orgasm but yeah, I orgasm just in the presence of females now. The practice of doing the 'no sexual thought' practice, I think, opened something up in my head.

---

Anyways, I went to the gym today and did squats, bench-press, push-ups & pull-ups so during the start of it, I was doing belly breathing because it came normally to me then after I did my bench-press, the reverse breathing started automatically and I knew  some girl started fancying me. It was strange because I'd be the least muscular guy in the whole gym. I'm incredibly lanky. If I looked at her then the bliss would start.

I was throwing the medicine ball and it burst so some really bulky guy who was sitting on the bench-press seat got angry with me even though it landed very far away from him. So combined with the female oogling at me and this guy getting angry with me, I had energy to do some more sets of push ups & pull ups.

But right now as I'm typing this, reverse breathing comes more natural to me and I've ate a lot.

But right soon as I ate the chicken, anger becomes dominant. From eating chicken I've also had very troubling intrusive thoughts like my feet clawing people and also my head moving like a chicken when I'm trying to relax. I don't know if the head shifting from side to side at fast speed is related to eating chicken but it seems eerily similar. I watched some chickens on youtube recently and yeah, that's how my head moves when I try to relax or meditate. These are not organic chicken mind you.

I'd take sadness over anger anyday - it's a more preferred feeling than anger, anger is terrible. I don't know how to get rid of it besides sex. I've left the path of meditation for the moment. I'll take up martial arts.

Edited by Arya

Hello again, friends. 

Anyways, I started doing this type of breathing automatically earlier this year when I abstained for a few months. It started after about a month in. As such, I never looked it up or anything but I used to lift weights and then when I quit lifting weights I made an attempt to develop what I called 'Jhanic breathing' i.e. whole-body breathing. 

So to successfully do this type of breathing, contracting the lower abdomen and expanding the diaphragm was the only way and it was effortless.

Breathing this way started to raise my awareness, improve cognition, metabolism, health etc. 

I started to look younger, more vibrant and started to refrain from bad habits, with ease. It made me flexible, greatly increased strength & stamina and removed body tension, especially at the neck region. A lot more benefits but basically it changed my whole state of being. 

But what happened was that I started sucking in the female's 'jing' as the wise Mr. Drew Hempel had stated. So I got addicted to that for awhile but never did it that much because it drained me and then I wanted to have sex and intimacy or whatever. 

Now it's going to be two months with abstaining so far and I had unconsciously stopped reverse breathing somewhere in the middle of this and so I have become quite stupid, and paranoid, even a bit insane. But I started doing reverse breathing again today and feel great again.

So the problem is that people behave strange when I do reverse breathing because I am basically not afflicted by lower emotions if I do it albeit at the start there is like today I was incredibly afraid of barking dogs but it smooths out and then there's not much emotion. 

That's why I stopped doing reverse breathing because I was probably sucking in female's energy by default, which I am afraid of honestly and people behave strange. I could do reverse breathing all day non-stop because it feels that good and the benefits are insane.

But another problem is that I only want to do reverse breathing now cause that's what feels comfortable. It's hard for me to breathe 'normally', and I don't know what to say about that.

Okay, so I looked up the bodies of the Jinas -

here, take a look at their bodies - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/Tirthankaras.jpg/800px-Tirthankaras.jpg

Slim waist, large chest, small genitals and various other features make it seem like they only 'reverse' breathe. Jinas are parallel to Buddhas from the Jaina religion. Basically perfectly enlightened but they stay nude and a perfectly enlightened being has the perfect body. This is the shape my body takes after constant reverse breathing.

Anyways, are their any detrimental effects of breathing like this? That's what I wanted to ask. I'll end the post here because apparently I'm having a strange sort of orgasm from all that reverse breathing. Wow!

interesting image there - the Westerners have the Chimp mentality and so can't figure out why the ancient Greek statues have the dudes with small reproductive organs. Gorillas have big muscles and small genitals - because gorillas sublimate all their energy into muscle to control their harams and once the control is established they don't need to waste their reproductive fluid. Chimps have huge testicles because they are constantly not knowing if their females are sleeping around with subdominant chimps and so the chimps just spread their fluid seed around as much as possible - forming clans of males for warfare and rape, etc. Not very nice but that is how modern humans are also.

Anyway you might be interested in my newest Wim Hof post that gets into reverse breathing.

http://innersoundqigong.blogspot.com/2015/07/we-got-healing-power-re-visiting-wim.html

At the very end - tummo training relies on reverse breathing and the science shows that tummo meditation has strong alpha waves which means strong serotonin which is from strong vagus nerve internal bliss.

So the science completely corroborated what I have been saying.

The thing is to nail the science on this stuff so the training is impersonal and anyone can do it - that is what Wim Hof is after.

But the key of visualization is left out of here. Just keep studying the Taoist Yoga book. The embryonic breathing is the immortal breathing which kicks in when the body is full of qi energy - so the centers of the hands and feet are pulsating with qi energy and the bones are soft and supple and the top of the skull opens up, pulsating with qi. I achieved that for a couple weeks but didn't know what I had tapped into since I had not studied Taoist Yoga enough.

If you don't want to suck in female energy - the thing is this is holographic since your yin qi goes out your eyes and that is what attracts the females. I would try anal flexing - as that will prevent loss of your yin qi energy out of the perineum. Because the female lust is actually the frequency of energy from the lower body - so holographically your yin qi is getting pulled down to the lower shen frequency. You take in the female yin jing holographically through the pernineum but you lose the higher frequency yin qi that has been lost from yuan qi deconversion. So anal flexing is the lower magpie bridge that connects the front and back channels and sublimates the energy better also.

Edited by Innersoundqigong

If you don't want to suck in female energy -.

yeah, but how do I prevent it from going out the eyes. I get bloodshot eyes from it and feel the energy going out.

So this is going to happen if I stay in society now and it seems irreversible unless you know how to reverse it. But with these powers I can start a whole harem if I eat a LOT of food and keep on doing 'whole-body' breathing or I read it in a occult book once, the guy called it pore-breathing and it was a very advanced stage.

Anyways, I like doing this type of breathing but then I became a prey which is actually my own fault ultimately. Now sexuality expresses itself through my body because there no thoughts in the brain so I have to stay away from people because I get intrusive thoughts which is really horrible if the energy is stuck in and around my genitals.

Actually I was making an effort to cultivate 'love' but it turned to intrusive sexual scenarios with people so I don't know what happened there. I am trying it again while keep the awareness only on the upper body to cultivate 'love'.

But I have opted honestly to devote my youth to self-improvement like learning more skills and what not. Take up martial arts and learn arts & crafts.

I don't find the female body THAT attractive, in fact it's easy to see the disgusting nature the of body now but the EMOTIONS associated with sex have a very powerful hold on me. They are something which override every barrier.

Although I want that kind of body. The picture which was linked before by me. I want to attain that body.

I wouldn't advice anyone to reverse breathe unless it happens naturally.

My experience shows that reverse breathing causes very powerful spiritual urgency if paired with celibacy.

So I have been doing deep abdominal breathing, pushing everything in the lower body DOWN but not with too much force and felt pleasant surges and a 'child-like' feeling again. So that must be the dopamine being produced by breathing in such a way.

So deep abdominal inhale and then making an effort to RELAX the whole body on the exhale and just that, no exhalation of air is to be done and if it happens then that's fine, it should not be controlled. But actually marking the exhale with *only* relaxation is making me feel great. My dad was out in the sun today and he was like, 'oh, it's so hot, huff, huff.' while I am sitting here feeling cool in all the heat. Actually the bliss is always cool is what I've observed.

Anyways, forcing reverse-breathing is kind of dangerous if you are not 100% sure you want to advance in conciousness and forcing it in general. So it kind of muddled my conciousness because I wasn't into spiritually progressing that fast and there was too much stuck energy around the middle of my chest.

Deep lower abdominal/hara breathing is the way to go. You have to be grounded.

Edited by Arya