Tibetan_Ice

Osho Rajneesh Cult Documentary

In terms of the psyche, I think you'll find that a person who's had heathy, loving parents tends not to become an abusive guru or an abused chela (चेल)..

Gotta take the good with the bad, I don't think Osho wanted himself to be seen as any 'authority' anyway if you read his writings. He wasn't teaching anything, had no philosophy or truths... in my view he just wanted people to seek for themselves and break them of their attachments.

It is kind of like Alan Watts commentary on Gurdjeff (sp?) how the man was playing the role of a charlatan, quite consciously so.

• Like 1

Osho literally 'sold' to Westerners exactly what they craved at that time. In today's world many Oshos are continually evolving & thriving, albeit in more sophisticated and subtle ways, but sadly the gullibility is still pretty evident. 

• Like 1

Gotta take the good with the bad, I don't think Osho wanted himself to be seen as any 'authority' anyway if you read his writings. He wasn't teaching anything, had no philosophy or truths... in my view he just wanted people to seek for themselves and break them of their attachments.

It is kind of like Alan Watts commentary on Gurdjeff (sp?) how the man was playing the role of a charlatan, quite consciously so.

Thats what BSR said of himself . 

One of the 'orange people' I knew was a trouble maker     :)

He kept doing  funny stuff to challenge the organisation ... like telling them he had someone that should 'take Sanyas'  (as they used to say ).

Great, said the Oz admin ...  tell him just to do as you did to get yours..  

"But its my dog ... I think my dog should take Sanyas."  They told him dogs cant take Sanyas. But he didnt give up that easy, he went ahead with the application ... that was refused.

So he said , fuck this and got a 'Bhagwan mala'

3797131832_17d03d105d_o.jpg

and took the picture out and put a picture of himself in it and put it on the dog and tied an orange scarf around the dogs neck

:D

What a great comment !  I guess they didnt get it ? 

... they got cranky about that  ...   eventually he did the same to his own mala ... walking around with his own picture in it. 

I guess he finally became his own guru.  :)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

- but I think a lot of times the groupies are asking to be used.  

exactly, most of them. the minority thou hopes to grow thru the ranks and get a few RRoyces for themselves. both categories totally deserve what they get.

I remember listening to one of his audio talks once, when I discovered his stuff a long time ago in the USA, and he was strongly implying that most raped women were the ones who caused it.

If not directly asking for it, he said that they were the ones that caused it on a sub-consious level, they were asking for it without knowing.

No comment.

I dont like that attitude ... when children were involved . 

Sure ... the parents are responsible and they should be protected.

• Like 1

yea, people having great types of mind power can be mistaken for being spiritually minded which is a very foolish assumption being that demons also have such powers and are not spiritually minded... 

Edited by 3bob

He had his own imperfections like everyone else.

He shared much enlightened wisdom and also some non-wisdom with so many around the world.  

If you set an expectation for anyone to be perfect, your own expectation is the first problem to address before critiquing others. 

• Like 1

Who set the expectation for perfection ?   Not me !

I set that for no one ... no one exhibits perfection . I think you didnt read the posts or just made a big assumption ? 

His lack of perfection is not the issue at all.   

Better read the background info before you start defending him . 

The best he had to offer IMO was his affirmation about a statement a reporter made about him ... BSR was so impressed with his observation of what BSR was about that he stopped the interview and got him up on the podium and said 'This man  understands what I teach "  (and to the adoring Sanyassi ) " but none of you do ! " 

What was the man's observation ?   That BSR is not against the great spiritual teachers and what they taught but he is against religion and what some have turned those spiritual teachings into.

yes, thats fair enough ... but doubt many here needed a guru to discover that  ? 

Edited by Nungali

Anyone who wants a guru will find one.

There's no shortage of jobbing gurus on the market each touting for customers.

Osho was no better nor worse than any of the others, he was maybe a little bit more 'up front' about what he was doing, and how; is all.

:)

I have read very little of this thread but the use of the word Cult as it has been rebranded by the extreme "right" always strikes me as odd. It was so easily assimilated into the common vernacular - how incredibly robotic we are.

GP, on the other side of the pond some of us would rightly say that is like making the bombing of London by Hitler  equal to some teenager pranks made by the boys that live next door!!  (thus B.S.)

I think if there's one thing we can all agree on it's that anytime people start dancing like that arrests should be made.

• Like 1