healingtouch

Kundalini Awakening - how to make symptoms easier to handle?

Recently, for the past 2 weeks, I have been going through some very painful Kundalini awakening. At first, I didn't realize what it was until I felt compelled to look at a post on Instagram which it described the following

"Prior to full-blown kundalini transformation, while meditative, you have kundalini symptoms such as feeling tingles or muscle twiches in various areas of the body. You may feel fleetig pain or cramps, quivering of the lips, flashes in the brain and sporadic jerks of body poarts. You may feel sudden rushes of energy in the body, eplosions of light in the brain and feel tingling or numbness in various body parts. When you feel these things, you have the ability to sustain quiet mind in meditation for increasingly longer times increasingly. You will be faling into a deep trance like state and you will fear you will lose yourself as the quiet increase. It is like falling asleep in your meditation, and you want to awaken and shake it off. Going beyongd the initial fear, to allow yourself to fall asleep, will be part of deepening your meditation."

Which describes to a T what I'm going through. Plus I'm not feeling liek eating meat anymore. Cravings for sugar big time. No ability to sleep anymore, maybe 2-3 hours a night max if Im lucky. This is all good, but the tingles and the numbness is really painful.

My question is: what can I do In terms of diet, exercise, meditation to help this process along and speed it up as this is very painful what Im going thru at the moment in terms of tingles and numbness?

Surrender to it. I know its hard and it seems like the opposite thing to what you want to do.

Know that you're truly blessed. These symptoms you're experiencing is sign you're progressing through a lot of rubbish inside your system.

Keep your spirits high, place a positive meaning to your situation and you will be fine.

• Like 3

I've done some things that have greatly helped. It has reduced my side effects with 90%, if not more. There are three exercises I would recommend you:

1) The microcosmic orbit

This one is a life-saver. It will teach you to make the energy go in a loop in your body (so the energy doesn't get stuck) and you will learn to ground the energy in the lower belly in the end. It's the most important kundalini exercise I've done and I still do it daily. It takes about 20-30 mins. Do it slowly, and focus on grounding in the end. Took about a week for me to feel the full effect.

2) Standing in stillness practices

Work great for grounding energy into the earth or out your head. Can be done in 2-3 mins.

3) Pan-gu (Michael Winn)

Integrates yin-yang and reduces most major polarity issues. Can be done in 5-6 minutes.

These are the ones I would recommend you, and in that order of importance: The orbit is the most important one I'd say.

This video should help you:

• Like 2

This is my go to book for this kind of stuff. There is a section called: Practice List and is a set of skills to work on to ease symptoms.

Why do you want to stop the tingles. I like that about it. The twitches I think are related to the energy clearing blockages. The symptoms can be a distraction though.

Here's the link:

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=KundaliniPracticeSkillsList

Edited by jyakulis
  • Like 1

Biology of Kundalini has been written by Jana Dixon. I have her book, and she doesn't list a single source for any of her claims. She is basing it all on her personal experience, it seems?

That doesn't make it wrong per se, but it doesn't make it right either. I would take her advice with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your replies so far. Immensely helpful ... :bow:

This is my go to book for this kind of stuff. There is a section called: Practice List and is a set of skills to work on to ease symptoms.

Why do you want to stop the tingles. I like that about it. The twitches I think are related to the energy clearing blockages. The symptoms can be a distraction though.

Here's the link:

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=KundaliniPracticeSkillsList

Because they are extremely painful and unnerving, especially when both the tingling and numbness happen at the same time, and this started happening today to me while I was driving, making it almost impossible to steer the vehicle.  :wacko:

Hmm ok. I think I am confusing tingles with waves of bliss. What I think of as tingles is almost orgasmic or like a sneeze. It's very pleasant waves moving up my legs and down the arms and sometimes over my whole body or crown of the head.

• Like 2

Hmm ok. I think I am confusing tingles with waves of bliss. What I think of as tingles is almost orgasmic or like a sneeze. It's very pleasant waves moving up my legs and down the arms and sometimes over my whole body or crown of the head.

Very good giving it a positive meaning.

• Like 1

I have had the physical frisson of kundalini ever since I was a child, but only as an adult has that sensation turned into a complete alteration of consciousness resulting in a different state of reality.

The only advice I can really give is that if you are (1) sufficiently grounded and (2) sufficiently open-hearted, then (3) the kundalini awakening will feel more like a natural process than a fearful letting go.

IMO the fear means that there's not enough of a heart focus involved. I've never had a kundalini experience that felt scary or wrong, just intense.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 1

symptoms?

most of symptoms are usually chaotic lifestyles, quitiing jobs, throwing oneself into the chaos of life over and over, it is slowly becoming chaos itself. kundalini rising. 

• Like 1