DentyDao

Taoist Study Group

added link:

... We would be using: Ling Bao Tong Zhi Neng Nei Gong Shu in addition to my notes.

I don't know how many of the current members are aware, but Sean Denty has a very serious background in the internal arts and has been fortunate to gain access to authentic lineage.  Reading of his experience and gained understanding 'd be very interesting.

• Like 7

added link:

I don't know how many of the current members are aware, but Sean Denty has a very serious background in the internal arts and has been fortunate to gain access to authentic lineage.  Reading of his experience and gained understanding 'd be very interesting.

It would be cool to have an interview with the TTBs own SeanDenty. :) 

• Like 2

Thanks for your interest. Just a quick note to say that I will be away from home through the 27th. After that we can get started. I think it will be a small group. If you are joining, you will want to get this book by Wang Li Ping : Ling Bao Tong Zhi Neng Nei Gong Shu. The book outlines the practice and has some theory as well. My focus is strictly on the practice. Hopefully we can have a few more students of Sifu join; at this time one other student who has received instruction from Sifu has offered to participate! Exciting! Also, this is just a study group, there is no cost and no obligation. Once we have a private forum established, I can answer personal questions and say more about my experience.

-Warm regards

Edited by seandenty
  • Like 5

My focus is strictly on the practice. Hopefully we can have a few more students of Sifu join; at this time one other student who has received instruction from Sifu has offered to participate! Exciting! Also, this is just a study group, there is no cost and no obligation. Once we have a private forum established, I can answer personal questions and say more about my experience.

Hi Sean,

A wonderful and welcomed offer :)

I assume you want to establish the study here?

As this sounds more 'system/master' related than just about a book, then this Daoist Discussion sub-forum seems most appropriate:

Systems and Teachers Of 

I wanted to extend the "Owner's Permission" on this area anyways... so you can just request the Permissions here:

How To Request Owner's Permissions 

That would give you the ability to control the posts a little bit by hiding off-topic, trolling, combative comments.

Another alternative is that we create a Personal Practice Discussion in your name.   In this case, you would automatically get the kind of owner controls I mentioned by default.

• Like 5

Yeah I would be up for this :) I went to see Master Wang 4 years ago and have been studying it since. 

• Like 1

Nevermind, Did research. It was Confusing that ownership permissions seem to have been granted before being offered.

Edited by Stosh

Yeah I would be up for this :) I went to see Master Wang 4 years ago and have been studying it since. 

you gained from this experience?

Hi MooNiNite, I gained a rudimentary working knowledge of the practices of the mountain daoists. Since seeing Master Wang I have also attended a couple of other LMP retreats with long term students of grandmaster, Qin Ling and Aurelian Popa. Both are very accomplished. I am currently studying with another teacher who trained with Laoshi (master wang) back in the 80's. I don't want to mention my running total for travel and retreat costs - but this stuff is important to me. There is so much to learn.

Edited by bamboo
  • Like 2

Hi MooNiNite, I gained a rudimentary working knowledge of the practices of the mountain daoists. Since seeing Master Wang I have also attended a couple of other LMP retreats with long term students of grandmaster, Qin Ling and Aurelian. Both are very accomplished. I am currently studying with another teacher who trained with Laoshi (master wang) back in the 80's. I don't want to mention my running total for travel and retreat costs - but this stuff is important to me. There is so much to learn.

It sounds like they left an impression beyond just the teachings. That is very cool