cheya

Riding the Phoenix to Penglai

Well our good friend Walker apparently disapproves of google translate so he warns you in Chinese that it may lead you down the wrong path

走弯路

- 走弯路 to take an indirect route 以上来源于: Dict.cn [ 展开《新汉英大辞典》 ] 走弯路 [zǒu wān lù] take a wrong path; follow a zigzag course; travel a .

Why in chinese? because he can, thats why.

Further along is his signature

taken from a rather lengthy poem by this portly gentleman on the left

01300000446515128037097943284_s.jpg

道在苦修妙在传,须拜明师点玄关,

Practicing Dao is in bitter austerities, obtaining its magic is from the transmission,

You must bow to an enlightened teacher for a hint of the Dark Gates.

I cannot translate this from chinese but how I have experienced this is would   I spin  the two sentences this way.

Practicing the Dao entails Heart ( Mind/ the taste of bitter in TCM is good for the Heart) strengthening sacrifice ( Small Intestine  Virtue of ego sacrifice to nourish the community of  the organ systems of the body), receive the  awakening   training from humbling yourself before enlightened Teacher to awaken the unconscious gates. 

My guess is that Walker finds this stanza inspiring for some reason.

Moving on, our good friend Xuanming, not to be outdone, quotes this

first two lines is a proverb

师父领进门, 修行在个人

[shī fu lǐng jìn mén xiū xíng zài gè rén]

The master teaches the trade, but the perfection of the apprentice's skill depends on his own efforts.;

The last two

道在苦修与妙悟 Obtaining Dao is in bitter training and marvelous realization,

莫入迷津走弯路 (if so) you will not enter the Ford of Confusion, and roundabout pathways.

Obtaining the Doa is by Heart ( Heart of Heaven/ Conscious MInd ) harmonization (Pancreas) and marvelous realizations.

​By surrendering to the  Heavenly Will you will not cross shallow into   confusion or be lead by your emotions. 

and? whats that all about?

It is a good guess :) what ever eh? 

So many ways to describe The Receptive (which in my experience so far cannot be experienced without some seed getting a toehold). Maybe one of these beautiful descriptions will break through the mind mesh. How do you personally experience, “The Receptive”?  Are the lines open, or are they broken?  Where does going through the layers of The Receptive lead? 

• Like 2

Here Lao Zi gave the Xuan a new meaning: state of mind between emptiness and new thought or image appearance, or between the Wu and You, in other words, Xuan means the Gate of Dao, the First Entrance of the Dao of Internal Cultivation.  This Gate of Xuan is not easy to enter for people who have very strong intellectual drive or big fat ego, particularly inflated big fat ego.

吾勸真心學道者,速將猜議關口打通,把生平自負才能伎倆除去,尋求真師,開明奧義。萬不可以自己假聰明,妄議猜量,自哄自也。否則,不證於人,只求於己。不是在外搜尋,便是身內做作。妄想修道,難矣!

I kindly advise the truehearted students of Dao - urgently break through the gate of speculation and guesswork, reject commonplace boastful talents and machinations, seek and visit a true teacher who will clearly explain the secrets. It is absolutely not allowed to use own false cleverness, enter into wild arguments and guesswork, and to fool yourself. If not so, if there is no confirmations by others, you will find only yourself. If you don’t look outside, then it will only remain for you to pretend that you have something inside.

So many ways to describe The Receptive (which in my experience so far cannot be experienced without some seed getting a toehold). Maybe one of these beautiful descriptions will break through the mind mesh. How do you personally experience, “The Receptive”? Are the lines open, or are they broken? Where does going through the layers of The Receptive lead?

To the parting of the clouds, the clearing of the fog of the mind through embrace of the depths of emptiness.

• Like 2

Walker 03 August  07:42 PM Said

Yikes. Here's something for your Google Translate software: 走弯路.

道在苦修妙在傳

須拜明師點玄關

Taoist Texts 07 August 02:49 AM

道在苦修妙在传,须拜明师点玄关,

Practicing Dao is in bitter austerities, obtaining its magic is from the transmission,

You must bow to an enlightened teacher for a hint of the Dark Gates.

My guess is that Walker finds this stanza inspiring for some reason.

师父领进门, 修行在个人

[shī fu lǐng jìn mén xiū xíng zài gè rén]

The master teaches the trade, but the perfection of the apprentice's skill depends on his own efforts.;

The last two

道在苦修与妙悟 Obtaining Dao is in bitter training and marvelous realization,

莫入迷津走弯路 (if so) you will not enter the Ford of Confusion, and roundabout pathways.

and? whats that all about?

Hi Taoist Texts,

Thank you for translating Walker’s post and my response to Walker’s post. 

Hi Quantumdragon

I thought that Walker’s post is excellent, because it shows the understanding on the Dao cultivation and respectful to teachers. 

It strongly emphasizes the importance to have an enlightened teacher for pointing out the Gate of Xuan. I agree.  (the Gate of Xuan may not be dark, can be bright and colorful).

In my response to Walker's post, I wanted to share that 1) an enlightened teacher is important for Dao cultivators; 2) the achievements of Dao cultivators depends on her or his own efforts including a) diligent practice; B) in addition to hard work and practice, the key for making significant progress on the Dao cultivation is profound self-realization; and c) be careful and don’t get confused and sidetracked.    

Edited by Xuanming
  • Like 2

Taoist Texts Posted 08 August 2015  03:33 AM

吾勸真心學道者,速將猜議關口打通,把生平自負才能伎倆除去,尋求真師,開明奧義。萬不可以自己假聰明,妄議猜量,自哄自也。否則,不證於人,只求於己。不是在外搜尋,便是身內做作。妄想修道,難矣!

I kindly advise the truehearted students of Dao - urgently break through the gate of speculation and guesswork, reject commonplace boastful talents and machinations, seek and visit a true teacher who will clearly explain the secrets. It is absolutely not allowed to use own false cleverness, enter into wild arguments and guesswork, and to fool yourself. If not so, if there is no confirmations by others, you will find only yourself. If you don’t look outside, then it will only remain for you to pretend that you have something inside.

It is so exciting to see that Taoist Texts began to have self-awareness about himself and found a nice quote to express his self-evaluation. It is also good to hear that Taoist Texts wants to break through the gate of speculation and guesswork, reject commonplace boastful talents and machinations, and seek and visit a true teacher who will clearly explain the secrets to him.

It is very significant for Taoist Texts to be aware of how he uses his own false cleverness, and enters into wild arguments and guesswork, to fool himself. For example: 

1) Taoist Texts Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:33 AM

I have not read this exact book but i have read the original. The author mainly keeps missing the point wildly, like e.g  on the link above she pontificates for an entire page on the 'taming the dragon' without ever mentioning that it specifically refers to  the physical elimination of the menses.

...her own guesswork notwithstanding the translation per se is more or less palatable, so it could be a useful read all in all. I have not read this exact book but i have read the original. The author mainly keeps missing the point wildly, like e.g  on the link above she pontificates for an entire page on the 'taming the dragon' without ever mentioning that it specifically refers to  the physical elimination of the menses.

This post shows a) Taoist Texts has an inflated big fat ego with disrespect—Have not read this exact book yet, don’t know the book content yet, but assume knows better than the book author; and B) read the original, but does not understand the meaning of the original, so provided false cleverness, entered into wild arguments and guesswork, and used false information to criticize the book author’s exceptional work. 

Xuanming, on 28 Jul 2015 - 10:42, said:

渔父词一十八首·沐浴 Bathing

Translation by Taoist Texts

卯酉门中作用时,赤龙时蘸玉清池。

云薄薄,雨微微,看取妖容露雪肌。

This is the time of work by the Mao-You gate,

The scarlet dragon immerses in the Pool of Clean Jade.

Thinly-thin are the clouds, tiny-tiny it rained,

Take a look at the charming appearance of the snow-white skin unveiled.

2) Taoist Texts Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

Commentary:

The meaning is twofold: one is false but practical; the other is true but useless;). Both are readily available on the internet.

Red Dragon is a name for the tongue. The tongue is the tool by which the
saliva is produced and therefore functions as the source of good health.  

tongue around the inside of the mouth.

Rouse and rinse means to gather the saliva in the mouth. The qi is stimu-
lated during the in and out motions of rinsing. Thirty-six is the number of
revolutions. This procedure in effect causes the circulation and stimulation
of qi so that it can penetrate deeply.

This is false but hey, everyone can do it and there is no harm in it.

If then the true seed is born, and the right method applied in order to melt and mix it, and in that way to create the Elixir of Life, then one goes through the pass. The embryo, which must be developed by the work of warming, nourishing, bathing, and washing, is formed. 

This is true, but since no one can do it its useless, and worse, those who seek live teachers to learn how to do this will be had by the said teachers.

Above Taoist Texts’ translation and commentary of the Poem “Bathing” demonstrated his language talent and skills and showed his experience and understanding of Dao cultivation—no experience and does not understand the meaning of the poem at all.  Even though he has no internal cultivation experience and does not understand the meaning of the poem, he pretends that he knows better than people who have rich experience of internal cultivation with internal realization. 

Opendao, on 05 Aug 2015 - 10:55, said:

四(four)字(character)凝(4 "congeal")神(3 spirit)气(1 qi)穴("lair" 2);

Do you really think that 入 is not a character? Or maybe you think the author couldn't properly count? How come you translate 5 characters as 4 words, skipping one of them (important one by the way)?  

Any why you cannot  translate 气穴 anyhow else? "

Simple question: what enters what (and when)?  

3) Taoist Texts Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:54 PM

• Once Nasreddin was invited to deliver a sermon. When he got on the pulpit, he asked, Do you know what I am going to say? The audience replied "no", so he announced, I have no desire to speak to people who don't even know what I will be talking about! and left.
  • The people felt embarrassed and called him back again the next day. This time, when he asked the same question, the people replied yes. So Nasreddin said, Well, since you already know what I am going to say, I won't waste any more of your time! and left.
  • Now the people were really perplexed. They decided to try one more time and once again invited Nasreddin to speak the following week. Once again he asked the same question – Do you know what I am going to say? Now the people were prepared and so half of them answered "yes" while the other half replied "no". So Nasreddin said Let the half who know what I am going to say, tell it to the half who don't, and left.[21]

Opendao had a simple and brilliant question about the second line of Master Lü Dongbin‘s original poem “The Secret of Freedom,” as shown in the above.  Taoist Texts’ response to Opendao’s question showed that Taoist Texts did not know the meaning of the second line of the poem at all. He was not able to answer Opendao’s question, but still pretends that he knows better than Opendao who has actual Daoist practice experience. 

Above posts have shown that Taoist Texts is not a truehearted student of the Dao and not a Taoist practitioner.  Now he expresses his desire to seek a true teacher who will clearly explain the secrets to him.

Opendao Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:11 AM

… in the world there are teachers, who really know Neidan, and they glad to share their knowledge even with foreigners. Why? Because they have De and they see clearly what has to be done to help people. Only blind people can say that Neidan masters focus only on their own practice.  In reality it's impossible to achieve even the first level without De.  So teachers have their strong reasons to teach right students.

quantumdragon, on 02 Aug 2015 - 19:13, said:

That looks so beautiful relaxing and lovely. Is the man in the video your teacher? 

Taoist Texts Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:26 PM

no i dont know him, its just a video from which it can be learned a thing or two. You see i dont believe in live teachers. This gentlemen posessess a secret to his art that took him his whole life to obtain. Why would he teach it to me? There is no possible reason to do so.

So far, it seems that no enlightened teacher or skilled teacher wants to teach Taoist Texts, due to his false cleverness, disrespectful character and arrogant nature without De-virtues.  This leads him to believe that no live teachers will teach the secrets to him.  Taoist Texts might be right about this—his experience has shown that Taoist Texts has no Yuanfen with the Dao. 

Now Taoist Texts expresses his desire to seek a true teacher who will clearly explain the secrets to him.  I hope that it is not too late for him to find a true live teacher who may explain the secrets to him.

• Like 2

It is so exciting ...  I hope that it is not too late for him to find a true live teacher who may explain the secrets to him.

Xuanming;)

I am a true live teacher.

;)

Taoist Texts  posted 10 Aug 2015, 02:01 PM

Xuanming, on 10 Aug 2015 - 10:31, said:

It is so exciting ...  I hope that it is not too late for him to find a true live teacher who may explain the secrets to him.

Taoist Texts  posted 10 Aug 2015, 02:01 PM

Xuanming;)

Taoist Texts,

I am so happy to hear that you found a true live teacher so quickly and found yourself.  It sounds like you had a significant realization or sudden enlightenment (明心见性).  

Taoist Texts Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:26 PM

…You see i dont believe in live teachers. This gentlemen posessess a secret to his art that took him his whole life to obtain. Why would he teach it to me? There is no possible reason to do so.

So, now do you believe in live teachers?  Can you trust yourself? 

Edited by Xuanming
  • Like 1

Taoist Texts,

I am so happy to hear that you found a true live teacher so quickly and found yourself.  It sounds like you had a significant realization or sudden enlightenment (明心见性).  

maybe. quite a while ago.

So, now do you believe in live teachers? 

no. i am one of a kind.

Can you trust yourself? 

of course. my students get results. thats all i need.

You see i dont believe in live teachers. This gentlemen posessess a secret to his art that took him his whole life to obtain. Why would he teach it to me? There is no possible reason to do so.

Long time ago i attended some classes just to make suer i am not missing on anything a teacher can give me. It turned out i did not. ;)

Xuanming;)

;)

This is not happenning and I am hallucinating.

This kind of contradiction (ethical contradiction, by the way) is not possible, in any possible universe. 

A self-styled teacher that discredits all teachers (sort of Krishnamurti), it is not possible, Taoist Texts is not that kind of person...

...unless he admits he is a sophist ...

• Like 2

maybe. quite a while ago.

no. i am one of a kind.

then why to continue to play fool? If you teach then provide an info about it, so people know what to avoid.

• Like 3

This is not happenning and I am hallucinating.

This kind of contradiction (ethical contradiction, by the way) is not possible, in any possible universe. 

A self-styled teacher that discredits all teachers (sort of Krishnamurti), it is not possible, Taoist Texts is not that kind of person...

all this thread by multiple alter egos of that anonymous "dead fake teacher" is just a sophisticated trolling  ;) It seems to be some form of schizophrenia based megalomania...

• Like 4

dear Damdao you gotta be more specific here ;)

A sophist or sophister (Greek: σοφιστής, Latin: sophistes) was a specific kind of teacher in both Ancient Greece and in the Roman Empire. Many sophists specialized in using the tools of philosophy and rhetoric, though other sophists taught subjects such as music, athletics, and mathematics. In general, they claimed to teach arete ("excellence" or "virtue," applied to various subject areas), predominantly to young statesmen and nobility.

For example, a charioteer, a sculptor or a warrior could be described as sophoi in their occupations. Gradually, however, the word also came to denote general wisdom and especially wisdom about human affairs (for example, in politics, ethics, or household management). This was the meaning ascribed to the Greek Seven Sages of 7th and 6th century BC (like Solon and Thales), and it was the meaning that appeared in the histories of Herodotus. Richard Martin refers to the seven sages as "performers of political poetry."[2]

From the word σοφός (sophos) is derived the verb σοφίζω (sophizo), which means "to instruct or make learned," but which in the passive voice means "to become or be wise," or "to be clever or skilled in a thing." 

The word "sophist" could also be combined with other Greek words to form compounds. Examples include meteorosophist, which roughly translates to "expert in celestial phenomena"; gymnosophist (or "naked sophist," a word used to refer to a sect of Indian philosophers, the Gymnosophists), deipnosophist or "dinner sophist" (as in the title of Athenaeus's Deipnosophistae), and iatrosophist, a type of physician in the later Roman period.

So what kind of sophist?;) I dont teach music. The rest i can teach;)

Open Dao, I had this very thought this morning. Only, instead of schizophrenic hallucinations, what is happening is a conscious and deliberate effort manipulating a grand energy harvest. Always dangling a bait to be taken. The masked animal gave away the scheme.  I think we are all quite through with misguided brilliance. 

Not that it matters in any way to a person with narcissistic or sociopathic tendencies (and please disregard this if this comment hurts, because if it does, I'm the one who is wrong here. But if it somehow makes you happy or believe that you have won some kind of conquest over the inferiors confronting you, my point is proven), my absolute sincere hope is everyone realize that theft of other's property (including energetic property) does not in any way promote the soul, but in fact degrades it. 

Somehow, I know this has been said before. Now that I know, it actually degrades my own soul to feed another's affliction. So, moving on.

• Like 1

The reason I joined Dao Bums was to have conversation with other practitioners about Riding the Phoenix to Penglai.  If you haven't read it, please get a copy from http://yirenpress.com/ for $19.95.  Jill Gonet translates the poems masterfully, and provides extremely useful commentary and suggestions (for females and males) from her own authentic, thorough, ongoing experience. 

There is a lot of interference getting back to Penglai from now (page 6 and interested people have already given up on this thread). Any suggestions about how to get back to topic? Do we need to begin fresh with a newly titled topic? Should there be some kind of password in order to make a comment? For example, "The third word on page 55 is..."

• Like 1

It is so exciting to see that Taoist Texts began to have self-awareness about himself and found a nice quote to express his self-evaluation. It is also good to hear that Taoist Texts wants to break through the gate of speculation and guesswork, reject commonplace boastful talents and machinations, and seek and visit a true teacher who will clearly explain the secrets to him.

It is very significant for Taoist Texts to be aware of how he uses his own false cleverness, and enters into wild arguments and guesswork, to fool himself. For example: 

This post shows a) Taoist Texts has an inflated big fat ego with disrespect—Have not read this exact book yet, don’t know the book content yet, but assume knows better than the book author; and B) read the original, but does not understand the meaning of the original, so provided false cleverness, entered into wild arguments and guesswork, and used false information to criticize the book author’s exceptional work. 

Above Taoist Texts’ translation and commentary of the Poem “Bathing” demonstrated his language talent and skills and showed his experience and understanding of Dao cultivation—no experience and does not understand the meaning of the poem at all.  Even though he has no internal cultivation experience and does not understand the meaning of the poem, he pretends that he knows better than people who have rich experience of internal cultivation with internal realization. 

Opendao had a simple and brilliant question about the second line of Master Lü Dongbin‘s original poem “The Secret of Freedom,” as shown in the above.  Taoist Texts’ response to Opendao’s question showed that Taoist Texts did not know the meaning of the second line of the poem at all. He was not able to answer Opendao’s question, but still pretends that he knows better than Opendao who has actual Daoist practice experience. 

Above posts have shown that Taoist Texts is not a truehearted student of the Dao and not a Taoist practitioner.  Now he expresses his desire to seek a true teacher who will clearly explain the secrets to him.

So far, it seems that no enlightened teacher or skilled teacher wants to teach Taoist Texts, due to his false cleverness, disrespectful character and arrogant nature without De-virtues.  This leads him to believe that no live teachers will teach the secrets to him.  Taoist Texts might be right about this—his experience has shown that Taoist Texts has no Yuanfen with the Dao. 

Now Taoist Texts expresses his desire to seek a true teacher who will clearly explain the secrets to him.  I hope that it is not too late for him to find a true live teacher who may explain the secrets to him.

Xuanming,

Thank you so much for your precious time teaching all of us on this forum. I thought at first you were a great master, that has been doubly confirmed by my experience reading the summary you posted. I did not know a living true teacher could emanate transmission through their writings on a website. I would like to share my experience of your teaching through this method of transmission.   This morning before my practice I read all of the tread of this post on Riding the Phoenix to Pengali. This time I read from Receptivity instead of being immersed in the activity of thinking and posting from my passive reactive body memories. As I read your words I saw the Mastery  you  embody the pure gift of  bringing coherence to all participating in this discussion. My passive reactive state was feeling  kind of sorry for  Taoist Text because he  cannot  soften himself to  Receive what is Authentic. Then the question came  to my mind, quantum dragon  what if  YOU are projecting your  own weakness in your cultivation on to Taoist Texts? Instantly the defensive passive  reactive part of me said no , no way am I like  that. Then I read Xuanming's writings. I felt all sorts of energy activations being to  occur in my body. I quickly went to  where I practice and began a circulation my  Teacher Taught us this weekend. Suddenly rising up into my mind screen like a list I saw  myself in movie after movie  acting from arrogance , pride , disrespect, laziness and much more. I came back after practice so happy Xuanming is here with us on this web forum. I cannot express my gratitude for the blessing  of being able to do this work. It  never cease  to be an astounding miracle to me that  I am allowed access to this work. Really what is the likelihood of a western woman being shown  the Way by her own teacher AND someone who is a true Master on a web forum?!!?  After practice I did not close down and seal my practice so I could absorb whatever I could from  Xaunmings transmission. I finished reading then as often happens I needed to sleep for a few hours to  gain access to another level of the teachings. Again I reiterate I am so profoundly grateful for  those who teach us where ever we find them. Thank You Hobo for embodying the corruption of Virtue with such  clarity it is impossible not  to question one's self to see where this type of obstruction is keeping me from  the truth of my intention. I have seen how I deceive myself with clever stories about trauma in my life that changed my body chemistry to attract even more of the same type of  behavior and my same reaction to  the phenomenon. I have been gifted the great treasure of authentic teaching. Now the joyous work begins. It is harvest time in my internal garden. Time to look at the fruits of my practice, the results in my life and  harmonise with ruthless compassion composting, transforming and changing my destiny from arrogant, cunning victim justifying poor quality of life to  receptive humble student of the Tao working with greater  skill and precision making  a quantum change.  Xuanming  who ever you are your time spent here will not be wasted by me.Your transmission  has giving me a  laudry list of  practices to do , attitudes to adjust and much more.  THANK YOU GREAT TEACHER!   

• Like 1

Hi Hobo,Hey I missed the banter this weekend. It is fun watching you  play the villain. Both  you and I know that is not all of who you are.  I feel you are perhaps aware many of  us posting on this  forum thread are aware of your methodology, I have seen this method  deployed in class many times.   The olden days term is  " stealing" qi. I have noticed you are  smart enough to not try to  steal qi from  Master Xuanming. If  Xuanming is anything like the authentic teachers I know that would be a great  disaster for you... but you already know that.  What you do  not know is when you attempt to energetically merge with some posters on this forum practitioners/ students/ teachers of more advanced training they are  gifted a full reading of your energetic anatomy.  I now know what happened to you when you were very young involving a older man that has created this monster of an adaptive complex. I know you understand Jungian terminology.You have enter the first stage of the Magnum Opus but you are stuck there. The frozen mid day Sun blackening the earth : the   the first Nigerdo- Yang earth  with the added quality of drought and an endless  heat of  the sun or Apollo's eye( the  intellectual mind) frozen by trauma , engulfed by the unconscious to the degree the individual is trapped in the prison or the Lion's mouth . I have modified a quote to from a western alchemist to fit my amature reading of what I experienced in your presence when you came in for a "taste " of quantum dragon.

"The  Black Sun denotes a very harsh and

negative fate; a period when  post natal consciousness must be diminished so that the prenatal 
consciousness has a chance to intervene and make itself felt. The latter
happens when the conscious position is dead and needs external intervention  by the addition
of new material and affect from a deeper layer. This is usually felt as a
depression or experienced in a disease or bodily issue of some kind.
Consciousness can be so diminished that it becomes a dangerous time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigredo

I feel  you may have been written off as a trifling  parasite by most of the  advanced practitioners on the  forum post. 

• Like 1

The reason I joined Dao Bums was to have conversation with other practitioners about Riding the Phoenix to Penglai.  If you haven't read it, please get a copy from http://yirenpress.com/ for $19.95.  Jill Gonet translates the poems masterfully, and provides extremely useful commentary and suggestions (for females and males) from her own authentic, thorough, ongoing experience. 

There is a lot of interference getting back to Penglai from now (page 6 and interested people have already given up on this thread). Any suggestions about how to get back to topic? Do we need to begin fresh with a newly titled topic? Should there be some kind of password in order to make a comment? For example, "The third word on page 55 is..."

Hi Jade

I think there is a way  to start a new thread and make it private. I am not sure how. I have noticed many threads are private. The person starting the thread has to gibe permission for  the other  posters to be allowed to post. I am in favor of this though I am not so good at  translating  Ms. Gonets fantastic work into anything other than my experience in  practice.  I am game. Let see if we can  figure out how to do this. 

I too would appreciate a conversation about Riding the Phoenix to Penglai.  It was one of the best

books I have ever read.  Ms Gonet's book is a masterpiece.

• Like 1

I too would appreciate a conversation about Riding the Phoenix to Penglai.  It was one of the best

books I have ever read.  Ms Gonet's book is a masterpiece.

Let us  start over  with our own conversation. Those of us who have read the book just start with your  topic.  Maybe  that would provide an interesting contrast to wild speculation etc. There are many reading this  thread that have not posted. I think the  Troll has been silenced by Xuanming and others. If not it is easy enough to ingnore his posts.  As "junior bums" we cannot start a forum topic and have owner controls for six months and or 200 posts. Anyone game for starting fresh here?

Hi Jade

I think there is a way  to start a new thread and make it private. I am not sure how. I have noticed many threads are private. The person starting the thread has to gibe permission for  the other  posters to be allowed to post. I am in favor of this though I am not so good at  translating  Ms. Gonets fantastic work into anything other than my experience in  practice.  I am game. Let see if we can  figure out how to do this. 

Here are the rule to have owner controls on a forum thread http://thedaobums.com/topic/37997-how-to-request-owner-permissions/

Stone into Jade Posted 11 Aug 2015, 12:52 PM

I think we are all quite through with misguided brilliance. 

… my absolute sincere hope is everyone realize that theft of other's property (including energetic property) does not in any way promote the soul, but in fact degrades it. 

Somehow, I know this has been said before. Now that I know, it actually degrades my own soul to feed another's affliction. So, moving on.

Wow!  Great awareness, deep realization, and wise advice!  Thank you.  

Quantumdragon Posted 11 Aug 2015, 04:27 PM

Xuanming,

Thank you so much for your precious time teaching all of us on this forum. I thought at first you were a great master that has been doubly confirmed by my experience reading the summary you posted.

I don’t consider myself a great master, but I do think that I am a truehearted student of the Dao and a sincere internal cultivator. 

I am so fortunate to have live teachers and companionship in my journey of Dao cultivation.  So I can discuss and confirm my experiences and realizations with my teachers and experienced and self-realized practitioners.  I am grateful to my teachers and companionship.  It is important to be safe and able to prevent delusions and misunderstanding on internal experiences on the path of Daoist cultivation.  So Daoist cultivators can successfully realize the authentic self, achieve internal freedom like Lü Dongbin (as he stated in his poem—the Secret of Freedom) or like Sun Bu-Er who found her true home--Penglai. 

• Like 2

Stone into Jade Posted 11 Aug 2015 - 01:12 PM

The reason I joined Dao Bums was to have conversation with other practitioners about Riding the Phoenix to Penglai.

Freedomrose Posted 12 Aug 2015 - 12:26 AM

I too would appreciate a conversation about Riding the Phoenix to Penglai.

Cheya Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:43 AM

Riding the Phoenix to Penglai

Poetry by Taoist Adept Sun Bu-Er

by Jill Gonet

Inspirational Instructions on Internal Cultivation from Sun Bu-Er

Here's an intriguing excerpt:

http://yang-sheng.com/?p=10773

and a review:

http://yang-sheng.com/?p=11076

Has anybody read the book? Comments?

Quantumdragon Posted 12 Aug 2015 - 6:30 AM

Let us start over with our own conversation. Those of us who have read the book just start with your topic.  Maybe that would provide an interesting contrast to wild speculation etc.

I hope that your conversation about Riding the Phoenix to Penglai will be on your topic and on the subject without disruptions or without conversation hijacker from now on.  

Edited by Xuanming