nine tailed fox

fear of dark and ghosts

guys i need your help

i wanna mediate and progress spiritually but i have fear of dark and ghosts and paranormal things

i wanna get rid of this fear because when you are in fear you cant meditate

it keeps you always on check

you have to meditate alone in a room and even close your eyes and that increases my fear (i know it sounds childish but i cant help)

my fear increases as the day progress twards night

this fear has gain strength these days, i had fear in the past but it was never inhibiting my work or anything, but i dont know what has happened these days

i get nightmare every single night, i scream every night because of nightmares

its amazing how can i get nightmares every single night

i once had a scary dream about the room i meditate in, may be thats the reason i experience fear in my room these days

but guys i really wanna get rid of this fear

if you are always on check because of fear you cant relax and you cant meditate

guys what can i do to eliminate this fear so i can relax and meditate properly in my room

i cant change my room

are there any rituals which i can do to remove this fear  ? may be some buddhist or taoist ritual  ?

may be i can burn incense or change something in my room  ? may be i can ask for forgiveness   ?

guys pls help, i want to remove my fear of dark and ghosts completely

just thinking about not fearing wont help, i have tried

i wanna eliminate this from the root, inside out, no wishful thinking

You can never escape a fear, as you can never escape a thought.

But you can face that fear, and embrace it from a point of love and understanding. Eventually, with time, that fear will be a fear no more.

Talking to a psychologist might also help, as they can give you some of the right tools.

There is a remedy right for the kind of fear you are describing in the system of the 38 Bach Flower Remedies: Aspen (no. 2). How it would be available depends on where you are. Be free to PM me for further information.

Frankincense will help clear the space.

My recommendation would be stop trying to meditate, just sit eyes open, maybe in a park or nature, and let go of trying to have a meditation 'experience'.

Neither grab or push away thoughts or feelings, see if you can be frictionless. See how well you can 'do nothing'.

If the fear comes, don't get involved in it. Easy to say, actually easy to do too, but not so nice if you don't.

Fear is a lower emotional kidney weakness - it can be caused easily by too much caffeine that drains the kidneys or watching scary movies which causes too much dopamine cortisol stress that also drains the kidneys.  The original qigong master says to not watch scary movies at night before sleep - because you want strong melatonin before sleep not strong dopamine.

I have seen ghosts - but those paranormal t.v. shows are really feeding fear - people like scary stuff since it activates the lower energy - as seduction also - to seduce someone a lot of people reduce a person's will power first by making them afraid. Then people associate this fear with seduction and so they are conditioned to like scary stuff. I mean sometimes scary stuff is fun if it is just playing but that depends on the good intentions of the person playing.

So to increase kidney energy you can eat food stronger in cholesterol like eggs (preferably organic or even better grass-fed) and fatty meat like sausage or black beans if you're vegetarian with olive oil.

Also if you can practice full lotus meditation or tai chi standing active exercises with knees bent that builds up the kidney energy stronger. Try this one: 

So the thing is that when your legs are vibrating from your knees bent - this causes an extreme sympathetic nervous system reaction which rebounds to the opposite parasympathetic extreme.

This is why someone who has a very strong stressful or scary experience will then "get the shit scared out of them" as the saying goes - it's literally from the above reaction I described. You stand with your knees bent and you will get the fear scared out of you! The legs will vibrate 7 times a section and then your nervous system will rebound to the opposite extreme of relaxation - and this causes a flood of serotonin which then makes you colon go into peristalsis. This is so that the animals is lighter so the animal can run faster to flee the predator. So fear has that adaptive value.

If your personal qi energy is stronger than these lower emotional blockages then any spirits can't feed off your energy. It's only if a person's energy is weak that they are susceptible to being fed off.

For example Master Ni, Hua-ching talks about "ghost pollution" as a real problem in the cities and the original qigong master says he needs to clear out rooms of ghosts and sometimes it takes a few different visits to the room. But the thing is that unless a person has weak energy then the ghosts are not gonna feed off you.

Master Ni, Hua-ching says the key is to not sleep on your back because if you sleep on your back then the ghosts can suck off your lower body energy - this is known in the West as the succubi or incubus at night causing nocturnal emission as loss of kidney energy. Also any kind of lust thoughts causes loss of kidney energy - and so in a way modern society is actually based on this ghost pollution - that's why the indigenous cultures in north america considered the white people to be like living ghosts - since the modern western mind-set is controlled by this ghost pollution mentality.

Yeah I have watched that new cable show on paranormal stuff - I've seen most of those shows, there's tons of them. It's basically horror genre stuff - and so they do like exorcism rituals to cleanse the houses. You can do prayers like, Psalms 14 - I think it is about the valley of death. "I fear no evil, They rod and they staff they comfort me." I had to memorize that pray for confirmation bible class.  http://biblehub.com/psalms/23-4.htm Yeah Psalms 23. The Lord is my shepherd.

You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.…

That phrase is actually a secret tantra reference to the jing energy - again if you build up your jing energy through celibacy then you have stronger will power.

yeah chapter one of my pdf book is called: Chapter One:
The Modern Mentality Creates the Ghost People

Another example of the Ghost People being exposed is In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close
Encounters with Addiction
by Gabor Mate, M.D. Mate emphasizes the lack of rituals into
adulthood so that modern males are now in the midst of autism, addiction and attention deficit
hyperactivity disorders.

So Ghost People in southeast ASian tradition are caused for example by starving to death - it is again when the jing energy is weak - the kidney energy and so then lower emotions take control of the mind.

For example in Buddhist cultures if a person expresses a desire for
something of another person then it's considered advantageous to offer the desired object to the person who
desires it. Why? Because this desire for material possession as an attachment is like an evil spell cast onto the other person – a lower emotional blockage that should be exorcised. It's similar to the rule of not “coveting” thy
neighbor's possessions – the Biblical commandment implying sexual desire as adultery – only the response is
radically the opposite. Just give up the desired object and be free of the evil spell. In Western Asia the
equivalent is the “Evil Eye” spell which is most commonly attributed to envy. Similarly in America the Indian
leaders maintained their position of authority by immediately distributing to the rest of the tribe any extra
material possessions they had acquired. In other words these are cultures, traditionally, of spiritual asceticism.

• Like 1

Think about this: you desire what you fear. Or, fear is a unexpressed desire. In your case, maybe, for the unknown. Maybe you feel this life as a boring materialistic cage, and you want to go beyond. Maybe you want to integrate the spiritual more into your day.

As for meditation, try vipassana, it's very easy and it works wonders.

There's some good answers here.  A roundabout for part of the problem is meditate with your eyes open.  In many traditions seated meditation is done using eyes half closed, focused on a spot a few feet ahead.  See if a slight distraction helps.  Like listening to a biaural recording, or counting breaths.  Lately I've been doing long counts, ie 1 to 100, breath in = 1, out 2, in 3..  less traditional but keeps me focus.  After 100 I'll let go of counting and just be there focused on the breath under my nose.

Another roundabout, eyes open, work on standing meditation.  A good yang, build up energy and strength kind of thing.  To make it yangier there are warrior variations with one foot out.  Or just go to yoga's Warrior poses.  They're called that for a reason.  Build up the warrior spirit, even consider a martial art, anything close, instead of losing fear, gain confidence and courage.  

I've found top Yoga people have excellent and calm warrior spirit.   Join a class, maybe meditating in a group will help.

Edited by thelerner

Concentrate all energy on the hara  and  regulate your breath  to a constant in - pause -  out - pause  - in  - pause  all the same duration and increasing in length. 

After a while .... you will be making friends with 'them'. 

tumblr_n66i8uWX991s1efqyo1_500.gif

• Like 1

It's interesting how you change view points from 'you' to 'I'. That is a clear distinction within your writing. Can you account for it ? Who is the 'you' and who the 'I' ?

There is no 'getting rid' of fear. Fear can however be managed and irrational fear removed.

There are several methods to do this, but first I suspect you might well have been subject to early year trauma of some description. It can be as mild as having a blanket fall across your face whilst asleep during early childhood, or it can be more adult based trauma such as combat, car accident, assault etc.

Without getting into those complexities and concentrating purely on meditation I would start by sitting and performing a series of slow blinks throughout the period of meditation. Over time you will find those blinks will lengthen, finding it going slower and with ease until eventually you will find your eyes can remain closed and comfort, able to feel safer and relax ed ucated as you read these words finding deeper and with more comfort able now.

Second, you can unhitched emotion from the mind picture. Bring up the image of the thing you fear, it may be in distinct, it doesn't matter. Now, use your mind like a TV. If there is sound then turn it down and then add your own soundtrack that makes you feel happy and relaxed. If the image is moving freeze it. If in colour, then turn it black and white. Try making it smaller and larger. See what has the effect of reducing the anxiety. Keep doing this over and over and notice that the fear of the image subsides.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

If you have a religious outlook then connecting to your idea of the Source may help. Light a candle before practice asking for the presence and patronage of the divine for the duration of the session.

It's fine to be wary and on guard but not paranoid and scared witless - a spiritual path/discpline contextualises these things.

forget most forms of meditation which can make matters worse, pray both aloud and softly with very deep intent, both in private and also with a close group,  in part for pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps and in part for getting help - both seen and or unseen;  for if one is like a corporal in faith and light one does not do so well in fighting a lieutenant of fear and darkness, thus said help is needed at that level until we become equal to the task... lieutenant to lieutenant so to speak. 

Edited by 3bob

Your statement  "my fear increases as the day progress towards night"   makes me wonder if your fear  is constantly present, even when you are NOT meditating.  If  it is present even when you are doing something else during daytime,  then you have other  issues that are the origin of this fear.   Most fears will disappear  if you start living a  moral life  and have good habits in eating/drinking/exercise.  Not overnight, but over time, these practices will give strength to your mind and bring down your fear levels.  It would help  to know if you have  FAITH in something - a religion or spirituality  to anchor you.   Based on your faith, you can come up with a stronger way to deal with this.  Your age also will give clues to those who are trying to help you, to give appropriate  suggestions to you.

It's interesting how you change view points from 'you' to 'I'. That is a clear distinction within your writing. Can you account for it ? Who is the 'you' and who the 'I' ?

That's an interesting observation. I'm thinking part of the dificulty is found in the "you" sentences.

thats an interesting observation

well enlgish is not my first language and as far as i remember whenever i write in english i change point of views from "i" to "you"

its unconscious thing

but i think when i use you i mean like i m saying generally for everybody

does this indicate to something  ?

thats an interesting observation

well enlgish is not my first language and as far as i remember whenever i write in english i change point of views from "i" to "you"

its unconscious thing

but i think when i use you i mean like i m saying generally for everybody

does this indicate to something  ?

Maybe, maybe not. It might just be the result of English not being your first language.

It's one of those things I would have explored during a breakthrough session.

Do you ever find yourself seriously conflicted over specific things ? The kind of feeling that you are stuck and can't move forward ? Where one part of you wants to do one thing and another part wants to do something else ? These are rarely low level conflicts and you would likely be acutely aware of them as they are hard to subdue.

If not, then that can be ignored.

Maybe, maybe not. It might just be the result of English not being your first language. It's one of those things I would have explored during a breakthrough session. Do you ever find yourself seriously conflicted over specific things ? The kind of feeling that you are stuck and can't move forward ? Where one part of you wants to do one thing and another part wants to do something else ? These are rarely low level conflicts and you would likely be acutely aware of them as they are hard to subdue. If not, then that can be ignored.

hmmm well actually i do get stuck when i am faced with a situation where i have to make a choice, and choose one way between two options

if thats what you are talking about

hmmm well actually i do get stuck when i am faced with a situation where i have to make a choice, and choose one way between two options

if thats what you are talking about

I'm thinking of something that is more consistent. Something on which you continually hesitate. A specific situation or question that comes up many times. Usually it presents as a sort of stickiness. You would feel torn between two or more options which would create anxiety. It's not normal indecision-unless of course you you find general decision making very difficult?

It's not easy to do this over the Internet.

Maybe, maybe not. It might just be the result of English not being your first language. It's one of those things I would have explored during a breakthrough session. Do you ever find yourself seriously conflicted over specific things ? The kind of feeling that you are stuck and can't move forward ? Where one part of you wants to do one thing and another part wants to do something else ? These are rarely low level conflicts and you would likely be acutely aware of them as they are hard to subdue. If not, then that can be ignored.

It is interesting that you note this ... I am always noticing it, in written and verbal communication .... but most people just look confused at me when I respond to it. 

Eg.

Friend; " Anyway ... all they had were soft drinks ... you dont want to go to a party with no alcohol  ! " 

Me; " I wouldn't  mind ... as I dont drink alcohol ."

F ; " Huh ?  ... "

M; " Its you that dont want to go to a party with no alcohol, not me ."

F; "Huh ?"

M; "It doesnt matter - go on ..."

It is very ingrained in language here ... almost  slang. 

- I see where you are going with it in your comment above , but I see it more as a type of 'projective personal case' , verbally affirming (for others :) ) that the one speaking has made his opinions , others opinions, thus backing his viewpoint up with a type of 'royal we' . 

Its taking over .....    

and you wouldn't want that  to happen .      ;)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

what, try to be some kind of shrink?

I try to resist. I was a kind of shrink for a few years. Old habits die hard :-)

• Like 1

It is interesting that you note this ... I am always noticing it, in written and verbal communication .... but most people just look confused at me when I respond to it. 

Eg.

Friend; " Anyway ... all they had were soft drinks ... you dont want to go to a party with no alcohol  ! " 

Me; " I wouldn't  mind ... as I dont drink alcohol ."

F ; " Huh ?  ... "

M; " Its you that dont want to go to a party with no alcohol, not me ."

F; "Huh ?"

M; "It doesnt matter - go on ..."

It is very ingrained in language here ... almost  slang. 

- I see where you are going with it in your comment above , but I see it more as a type of 'projective personal case' , verbally affirming (for others :) ) that the one speaking has made his opinions , others opinions, thus backing his viewpoint up with a type of 'royal we' . 

Its taking over .....    

and you wouldn't want that  to happen .      ;)

Exactly. It's sometimes difficult to figure out if it's just projection. Sometimes it can be "I have a friend who says ..." Or "we all do that don't we"

Someone who sees meditation as a solution to fear of the unknown, but finds meditation creates the very fear that they wish to avoid is intriguing. The quick answer is not to meditate in the first place. ;-) as it's a diversion from the real problem.

• Like 1

I have only one advice: 

If you want to progress spiritually with your particular precondition; don´t meditate. 

h

besides the term "meditation" is a very abused one... for one could be deeply concentrated on and joyfully washing the dishes and that to would be a type of meditation - so buyer beware there are also some spooky or la-la land meditations that may be floating around along with the healthy and safe forms.

• Like 1