Sign in to follow this  
Oneironaut

Formless Qigong Forms & Neidan

As some of you may know by now I've looked into seiki jutsu and ditched the entire idea because I think Bradford Keeney (the supposed gatekeeper to that lineage) is a fraud. I'm rather captivated by the idea of spontaneous, effortless and formless versions of qigong and upon looking for something other than seiki jutsu I stumbled upon Taoist Light Qigong. 

So my questions are:

1) Does anyone here have any direct experience with Taoist Light Qigong?

2) Can Formless qigong be used safely and effectively under neidan practices as opposed to their more "choreographed" counterparts?

3) It seems like many here are visciouly opposed to the healing tao system. Is anyone here familiar with other neidan lineages outside of the healing tao system that are far superior? The more simple, safe, effortless and more effective the better.

Edited by Oneironaut

3) It seems like many here are visciouly opposed to the healing tao system. Is anyone here familiar with other neidan lineages outside of the healing tao system that are far superior? The more simple, safe, effortless and more effective the better.

Oh I dunno.  For the record, I´m "pro" Healing Tao.  I´m also pro Kunlun/Yi Gong, another a system of spontaneous qigong that, like  Healing Tao, has its proponents and also plenty of detractors.  

It´s easy to put lots of energy into deciding what to practice -- and that´s important, sure -- but it´s equally important to focus on how.  People that mess themselves up with Healing Tao or Kunlun, etc (and go on to consider those paths bad) might have had a better experience if they approached the practice differently.

Healing Tao is huge.  One person might concentrate on developing a meditation practice of smiling to the inner organs in the morning, and doing 15 minutes of healing sounds at night.  Another might start by packing chi in iron shirt, holding the breath till red in the face, and spending lots of time trying to "retain" sexually aroused energy.  Both of these practitioners might consider themselves followers of the "Healing Tao" but their experiences will be very different.  

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this