Sign in to follow this  
kebiini

Tao Yin for Inner Thighs

Dear All,

I'm new, in the past, I did Tai Chi Chuan (2 types), Chi Kung (1 before and with one I continue), the Inner Smile and the Healing Sounds, Hatha Yoga and used the Ji King intensely for 2 years.

I'm interested in Tao Yin - if you know Tao Yin asanas/exercises that strengthen the inner thighs, could you, please, be so kind as to let me know which ones do so?

(And how should I do mula bandha at the same time- when to do the lock, when to release ?)

Alternatively, if you have a link to a video, page etc. with this info, that would be great, too!

:) Thank you very much.

Edited by kebiini

Yes, very important to work on that area, in order to open the meridians that run through that area, especially the liver and its lower attachment to the lower planes (human in this case), namely the ego, lust and greed.

Here are some good exercises (part of Bagua foundation work):

The Kua practice with a tree exercise is a real gem. Make it part of your daily routine. I'd also add the dang (dawn) stretch practice.

However. the whole focus should be on the kua rather than the thighs themselves. You need to be very sensitive and work very slowly, progressively. Avoid tension whenever possible.

Good luck.

• Like 5

I'd like to strengthen my 1st chakra to get rid of some related issues, and help my practice.

Thanks, RainbowVein!

Gerard, that's great, thank you!!

Edited by kebiini
  • Like 1

Stretching the physical area is only one aspect of the whole and over emphasising that can cause imbalance and become a blind alley.

• Like 1

Uroboros, I see you have your forum registration birthday today, 12 years, wow, happy birthday :-)

I didn't find anything on Tao Yin branches; it was a HT/HL instructor who told me that with Tao Yin, one can strengthen the thighs efficiently. Do you know several?

Thank you, IdQuest and Soaring Crane!

• Like 1

Uroboros, I see you have your forum registration birthday today, 12 years, wow, happy birthday :-)

I didn't find anything on Tao Yin branches; it was a HT/HL instructor who told me that with Tao Yin, one can strengthen the thighs efficiently. Do you know several?

Thank you, IdQuest and Soaring Crane!

I dont know if that is a glitch, I have not been registered here for 12 years..Thanks, though.

I thought you might be talking about Mantak Chia's TaoYin, as his video course starts with an exercise to strengthen the psoas muscle in the inner thigh and kua.

There are various styles and each have their own method of guiding and leading. The Yin Style Bagua group has one, which one guy has videos on youtube about. I was taught a way that is different from both, yet similar.

The focus of what I was taught is simply to root the breath into the body. All the various postures and stretching and opening/closing is used to aid that process. Health, vitality, spiritual cultivation, etc are all effects, not the focus.

Another person posted about Damo's method of TaoYin. Lots of different styles!

Depends on what you want and why you are doing it.

• Like 1

There is a book detailing many (japanese) Do In (Tao Yin) exercises - "The Book of Do In" by Michio Kushi, 1979.

Not much of Tao Yin that I have learned long ago has been what I would classify as "physical conditioning" exercises, per se, but there are some things in the book above that might be.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

There is a book detailing many (japanese) Do In (Tao Yin) exercises - "The Book of Do In" by Michio Kushi, 1979.

Not much of Tao Yin that I have learned long ago has been what I would classify as "physical conditioning" exercises, per se, but there are some things in the book above that might be.

-VonKrankenhaus

That is a good book. Definitely a solid recommendation.

• Like 1

Thank you, Uroboros, yes, the instructor talked about "Chia's" Tao Yin probably, I'll look into his You Tube videos again.

I need to strengthen my entire region down there, not just the thighs, to prevent any energy leakage at the area. I started the Jade Egg pactice several times, but I always had to stop because of yet another urinary infection - I did boil the egg before-after, but I've been prone to such infections, so I must find a method that doesn't need an egg.

Thanks for the recommendation as well.

Thank you, VonKrankenhaus!

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"I need to strengthen my entire region down there, not just the thighs, to prevent any energy leakage at the area. I started the Jade Egg pactice several times, but I always had to stop because of yet another urinary infection - I did boil the egg before-after, but I've been prone to such infections, so I must find a method that doesn't need an egg."

-----

If you are experiencing repeated UTIs, the issue is most likely not the egg itself.

One thing to try is salt sitting (hip) baths made with very warm water and a handfull of sea salt. Do this before and after jade egg practice. And be sure to urinate afterwards also, as this naturally flushes the urethra..

Be meticulous with cleaning after using the tiolet, as the bacteria that cause UTIs are often from feces.

Also, wearing underwear made of synthetic or non-breathable fibers can add to the problem by functioning as an incubator for the bacteria. Organic cotton might be better.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 3

You are right, VonKrankenhaus, I'm having them anyway, either due to cold air, or a current of air. (I just noticed that the egg aggravates the symptoms.) Thanks for your advice!

Edited by kebiini
  • Like 1

old fashioned advice

try woollen underwear in winter, and real woollen socks too. warmth is important.

Cotton is good advice , also do not use inlays. If you need that you better take some cotton underwear with you, or make fitting cotton inlays for yourself.

i,ve been using cotton underwear with a woollen one over it in the years that i needed it.

Not fashionable, but effective

and as long as these infections are part of you I wouldn't play with eggs, but just do the more regular contractions that are good for that region. And if you do that regularly it will become stronger.

I remember periods in my life that i did it doing the dishes, waiting for the bus etc.

not for very long mind you, but at every opportunity so to say, works wonders.

If you want a more private place to discuss this you're of course welcome in Nuwa,

• Like 1

Thank you, Uroboros, yes, the instructor talked about "Chia's" Tao Yin probably, I'll look into his You Tube videos again.

I need to strengthen my entire region down there, not just the thighs, to prevent any energy leakage at the area. I started the Jade Egg pactice several times, but I always had to stop because of yet another urinary infection - I did boil the egg before-after, but I've been prone to such infections, so I must find a method that doesn't need an egg.

Thanks for the recommendation as well.

Thank you, VonKrankenhaus!

I had recurring uti's caused by a medication I was on. The percentage of people affected in that way was listed as .005%, I had to find it myself as the doctors considered that too low to consider.

Something to keep in mind.

As to your need to strengthen the lower region to stop energy leakage, how do you know you are having them? Men and women both "leak" energy differently and have different ways of replenishing it.

A form of stance training would be advisable, as well. Just pick any number of the various stances, work them lower and longer, see how that feels.

Good luck

Edited by Uroboros
  • Like 1

Thank you, Blue Eyed Snake! I must pay attention to what I wear indeed.

Thanks for the invitation, Nuwa seems to be a good place! :)

IdQuest, yes, it could be, but strangely it has always been antibiotics with which I could get rid of my symptoms, so I tend to think it's infections in my case, but thanks!

Uroboros, I didn't think of a side effect! Thank you.

As to how I know about the leak, it was an expert of the human energy-system who told me so after I mentioned my symptoms to her...

I'll experiment with stances (-:

Edited by kebiini
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this