phore

crown projection, phowa, kundalini, mahasamadhi, death, tao

Hello everyone.

I have come across the concept of astral projection through the crown chakra in numerous texts. 

The Healing Tao texts begin to project the energy body through the ba hui (crown center) during fusion practices.  This continues through the rest of the ciricculum of the system. 

Phowa is a tibetan practice that seeks to project the conciousness through the crown at the time of death into a buddha field. 

Mahasamadhi is a result of kundalini rising.  When the kundalini rises in a particularly strong way the aspirant projects through the crown chakra into shiva and is liberated from their body (dies).  (This can be read about in the texts of kashmir shiviasm by swami Lakshmanjoo)

In the old zen stories there are numerous examples of highly cultivated peoople who could die at will.  It was a sign of mastery if the old zennist could compose a death poem then die immediatly upon its recitation. 

It is also alluded to that Lao Tzu and Miyamoto Musashi composed their most notable works the night before their death.

My particular question about these practices is this:  Can a person accidentally die from crown projection? 

The modern day proliferation of teachings on Phowa and Healing Tao indicate that these practices are harmless.  I have never heard of a person dropping dead at a Mantak Chia Seminar for example. 

The ancient texts of Kashmir Shaivism seem to indicate that Death and liberation can be a direct result of these practices if they work correctly.

I suppose that if anyone were to die from this it would appear to be natural causes.  Only the dead person would likely know if they were meditating alone. 

On the other hand if death were a possible outcome, the large number of students taught these practices in the modern era in large classrooms under the guidance of teachers who have been preforming this method for years indicates that death is incredibly rare from these practices and not an accidental risk.  With the mass of students one would have to occasionally hit the jackpot and attain the highest liberation.  Then there would be a dead body in the middle of a classroom.  Everyone would go home and blog about it.  The presence of teachers who have been doing this for years would seem to indicate that the practices can be preformed safely. 

Futhermore given the capacities of psychedelic drugs to awaken the kundalini in unsuspecting kids, coupled with the mass of people who apparently do psychedelic drugs, it would logically follow that psychedelics would be dropping people left and right, especially with the higher doses, if the possiblity of accidental death were accurate.  In contrast to this I have never heard of a single death traced to psychedelic drug overdose. 

If anyone has any relevant thoughts, experiences, or resources on this subject I woudl be grateful.

Love an Light

• Like 1

What do people think about this "rather paranoid" conspiracy theory about going toward the Light after death - just being a Grey alien ploy to recycle people as slaves?

The Final Grand Trick

Sometime, long ago in prehistory, inter-dimensional demiurges came to our Earth to plunder her. They enslaved humanity and proclaimed themselves as almighty god, the creator. The Gnostics called them the archons. They are the predators, who keep us as their herd, just as we keep farm animals. We are their food. We have been in their grip for thousands of years. The very gods that we pray to for hope and salvation, are the very culprits that prey on us. They are our keepers, and they enslave us, yet we are convinced that they are our creator and savior. Isn’t that ironic?

Within the cosmic matrix are many false light constructs, each created by a demiurge, an impostor god. Each false light construct can extend through eight dimensions, and also they are vast in size, each one of them could seem as large as a universe, and yet they are only a tiny fraction of the entire universe. But when you are inside them, they seem all compassing.

For example, Jehovah is an impostor god that has created his own matrix of false light. His realm stretches throughout all of the cosmic dimensions and is vast in scope. It appears on our planet through the minds of the followers of Jehovah, as they are programmed to believe in his doctrine, they then perceive a world tinted by those beliefs.

You see, it’s not enough for them to simply enslave us and feed off of us in this life. We are trapped in their web. It is called the wheel of Samsara. In Reincarnation Is Enslavement, I explained how the souls are recycled into new bodies in the matrix.

“So the next question is: What happens when we die? When we die, we enter the cosmic matrix, another false light construct which we call heaven. Our souls are trapped within this prison of the gods. After some time in the false heavens, we return again in the same cycle. This is called the wheel of samsara, the cycle of birth and death.”

What the religions and new age call heaven, are all false light constructs, where the souls are given a reprise from the pain and suffering inflicted upon them in their earthly incarnations; pain inflicted by the very god they pray to. Yet, even in “heaven” the souls are still being fed upon. Then they are recycled into another body in the matrix, with a short duration of life; far too short to be able to find their way out of the Labyrinth. There are gatekeepers everywhere. This is the plight of humanity. This little video gives a glimpse of the reality one faces at death.

“It is they [Grey aliens] who await in the light when a human being dies. The human being is then recycled into another body and the process begins all over again… Hence the Light and Tunnel at death Trap. Scanning someone they wish to recycle as they near death, the aliens discover who the person was close to has died. They project the person(s) image in the white light tunnel and the image waves you in deeper. If you CHOOSE to follow you can be trapped and sent to another incarnation of their choice… these entities view Earth as a big farm.” — Val Valerian, Matrix II & Matrix V

In Matrix V, Valerian writes, “They want to recycle low to lower mid-level spirits into another breeding productive incarnation. Hence the Light and Tunnel at death Trap. Scanning someone they wish to recycle as they near death, the aliens discover who the person was close to has died. They project the person(s) image in the white light tunnel and the image waves you in deeper. If you CHOOSE to follow you can be trapped and sent to another incarnation of their choice. This shows the Empire does have an understanding of the spirit, but it attempts to short this out. The Light and Tunnel trap is a relatively new device, but one that will fail and they now know this. ‘Go into the Light’ say those who have had near death experiences. They are the salespersons chosen to advertise this alien venture. NEVER enter that light. Go up, left, back, right or anywhere but there. The mass media exposure of the Light and Tunnel trap (seen in the film ‘Ghost’, where the hero willingly enters the glittering trap) is to try to get people to buy the destination.”

I agree with what he has described. We are recycled over and over until we break free. The light and the tunnel at the time of death are traps. The final nasty trick. There are so many books being written about the death experience, NDE, people communicating from heaven, going toward the light, etc. They all speak about going towards the light as the doorway to heaven. It’s only a larger cage with more toys. Again, these books are all there to lead you astray, just like the waiter Andrea, in Monte Python’s The Meaning of Life. What they describe is the repose between bodies, where little do they realize, they are still being fed upon. It’s the energies of the captured souls in heaven that help create the heavenly false light construct. The head honcho god also feeds off of the captured souls to satisfy his addictions.

So what is one supposed to do upon death? Well, I can’t say with any certainty. I wouldn’t go toward any tunnels or lights. And if angels and loved ones came, I would politely thank them for the invitation, but decline. The only light that you should be interested in is the light shining from your innermost soul. Follow that light, the light of your own Self, deep within. I’m sure you will find your destination.

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

Hello gendao

Its worth noting that the nondualistic philosophies do not advocate entering into a particular heavenly realm after death.  They simply seek to become one with the Tao/Shiva/Bramin/Buddha ect.

Christian, Judiac, Muslim, and Paganist hindu and buddhist systems concept of practices that lead to heavens tend to fall into a different category.  It is said in nondualistic systems that even if a person attains one of the heavenly states of being they will eventually exhaust their good karma and fall into earth or a lower realm. 

The Nag Hammadi texts are emphasize what you described in their content.  Replace the word demiurge with grey aliens.

Edited by phore
  • Like 1

Hello everyone.

I have come across the concept of astral projection through the crown chakra in numerous texts. 

The Healing Tao texts begin to project the energy body through the ba hui (crown center) during fusion practices.  This continues through the rest of the ciricculum of the system. 

Phowa is a tibetan practice that seeks to project the conciousness through the crown at the time of death into a buddha field. 

Mahasamadhi is a result of kundalini rising.  When the kundalini rises in a particularly strong way the aspirant projects through the crown chakra into shiva and is liberated from their body (dies).  (This can be read about in the texts of kashmir shiviasm by swami Lakshmanjoo)

In the old zen stories there are numerous examples of highly cultivated peoople who could die at will.  It was a sign of mastery if the old zennist could compose a death poem then die immediatly upon its recitation. 

It is also alluded to that Lao Tzu and Miyamoto Musashi composed their most notable works the night before their death.

My particular question about these practices is this:  Can a person accidentally die from crown projection? 

The modern day proliferation of teachings on Phowa and Healing Tao indicate that these practices are harmless.  I have never heard of a person dropping dead at a Mantak Chia Seminar for example. 

Hi;)

you start with a wrong premise assuming that whats going on in the seminars is the real thing. It is not. Seminars are mind games and fantasy conventions conducted for profit by the  seminar sellers  and attended for ego-tickling by the seminar hoppers. Of course no one dies (or gets any real results) at the seminars. No one boldly goes nowhere at a Star Trek convention either.

The short answer is yes. The chinese take on the matter can be read about here.

• Like 1

Hi;)

you start with a wrong premise assuming that whats going on in the seminars is the real thing. It is not. Seminars are mind games and fantasy conventions conducted for profit by the  seminar sellers  and attended for ego-tickling by the seminar hoppers. Of course no one dies (or gets any real results) at the seminars. No one boldly goes nowhere at a Star Trek convention either.

The short answer is yes. The chinese take on the matter can be read about here.

Thank you for your answer.  Additionally thank you for proposing a possible explaination of the absense of seminar deaths. 

If ive found the correct passage in the book you linked to, It seemed to indicate that the knowledge of whether a person could accidentally die was somewhat unsure, or possibly the person being interviewed did not wish to answer the question directly.

So what is the mechanism by which this death occurs?  Would it truely be considered accidental?

The taoist text linked to here indicates that energy is gathered into the crown center until a critical mass occurs and a loud bang is heard. 

The kashmir shaivite texts describe it as a result of kundalini rising to the crown. 

These two events appear to be similar.  It might seem that the death of the physical body might be a result of an excess of concentration of energy in the crown center. 

In the kashmir practice the kundalini is a oneway street.  It goes up.

In the Tao practice the MCO goes up and down. 

Kundalini practices have been known to produce psychosis and headaches because of too much energy in the head. 

Is it possible that at a higher level the body can not handle a concentration of energy at certain places? 

What would a death like this look like?  Brain hemmoraging?  Natural causes? 

This still does not address the tendency of psychedelics to produce kundalini awkenings.  Shamans have documented this phenomenon extensively. 

I would be inclined to believe that people who do this sort of thing on accident with drug induced impaired judgment would occasionally blow their tops, if it were even a remote possibility.  Yet I have never been able to locate a single instance of a person dying of a cause related to psychedelic overdose (at least on the primary safe and sterile psychedelics used by todays youth. Certain plant based shamanic substances have additional effects that have led to death cases).    I bring up this primarily because there are so many people willing to donate their psychospiritual apparatus to the advancement of the knowledge of shamanism that it represents a much larger study group than people who do this sort of thing through traditional methods. 

On another note, I have read reports of a person on this forum aquiring the ability to Crown Chakra Orgasm by following mantak chias instructions.  The experience he described sounded similar to an intense kundalini rising.  This would seem to qualify as a particularly intense buildup of energy in the crown chakra.  I also believe that Chia teaches this at seminars, but I have never heard of anyone dying from the CCO practice. 

Thank you for your responses everyone.

Edited by phore
  • Like 1

Heheheh...well, I have my kundalini energy rising experience some 20 years.  No, I didn't die.  Hehehehehe... In fact, as a result of the experience, I experienced my first Jhana.  

I think death here means that the consciousness is no longer clinging onto one's body.  So, it travels elsewhere but your body won't wake up because there is no mind associated with the body.  Death at one's will is possible in a samadhi???  If you have the chance, go read up on the "Tibetan Book of the Dead" and Tibetan dream yoga.  

Seriously, if you can not realize samadhi, is hard to kill yourself at will in your meditation....because you need to completely and genuinely detach your mind from your body in order to realize samadhi.  That's not easy...... :)    

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 2

My understanding is that astral projection is simply a portion of your energy/awareness leaving your body so you can go exploring. It makes sense to me that if you have reached a level of detachment from the body and mind....then one would only need to muster the necessary intent and shoot oneself out of there body in one foul sweep. If you can leave partially then you should be able to leave fully. 

Though that's me thinking theoretically. Obviously i've never tried it before, but it makes practical sense. In the 8 Yogas of Naropa i believe there is an actual exercise for this of forcefully leaving the body in case of emergency.

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

Just to throw another perspective into the mix:

The
state during which the astral and mental bodies are separated from the physical body
is called "ecstasy" in occultterminology. A true magician has the ability to go wherever he wishes with his astral
body; however, in most instances all he requires is mental travelling or placing himself into
a state of trance. The reason for the separation of the astral from the physical body
while the astral body remains connected to the mental body is mostly for work which
requires a magical physical procedure.
The greatest care has to be exercised when executing the projection of the
astral body because, in contrast to mental travel, both connection links — the one between
the mental and the astral body and the one between the astral and the physical body,
which are called the mental matrix and astral matrix — are now exposed due to the
separation from the physical body and only a fine silvery elastic life-cord connects the
mental and astral bodies with the physical body. When the magician is in this state,
where the mental and astral bodies are separated from the physical body and their only
connection is the astral matrix (the silvery life-cord), and a stranger, whether magically
trained or not trained at all, touches the magician's physical body, this very fine
life-cord will immediately break, and the connection with the physical body will be
instantly severed. The result will be the physical death of the magician. It is therefore of
the utmost importance that, immediately upon beginning these exercises and while you
are in this state, you make absolutely certain that no one is given the opportunity to
touch your physical body. The reason this life-cord breaks can be attributed to the
fact that a person's electromagnetic fluid (Chi) has such a strong effect that the life-cord, even
of a magician who is far advanced, cannot withstand this fluid. If our modern medical
science were to examine a body which is killed in this manner, they would list the cause
of death as embolism, heart failure or even paralysis of the heart. When the physical body
is in this state of ecstasy, it is without feeling and without life; there is no breathing and
no heartbeat. The following description of this practice should provide the necessary
explanation. This state is a form of suspended animation. Suspended animation during
ecstasy occurs as a result of a pathological effect, which can easily be explained by any
magician. - Initiation Into Hermetics pp. 283, Franz Bardon

Bolded addition my own, to clarify the terminology.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 1

Thank you for your answer.  Additionally thank you for proposing a possible explaination of the absense of seminar deaths. 

If ive found the correct passage in the book you linked to, It seemed to indicate that the knowledge of whether a person could accidentally die was somewhat unsure, or possibly the person being interviewed did not wish to answer the question directly.

So what is the mechanism by which this death occurs?  Would it truely be considered accidental?

The mechanism is that the spirit is not mature enough to survive on its own or not mature enough to find his way to the body which then dies being left spirit-less.

§3.4.5, Leaving the body.

During the two years spent cultivating the yang spirit, the adept trains the spirit to exit from and enter the brain, allowing it to depart progressively further and further from the body. This must be done carefully and without haste, for there are real dangers at this stage:

Arriving at the tenmonth mark when the fetus is done, it is released from its husk and switches to a new caldron: you cannot protect and secure it. If the yang spirit comes out impulsively, then as soon as it is out it will lose the path,
subsequently losing its dwelling and having nowhere to return home to.
(Hudson)

• Like 1

At 35:39, Jason Miller talks a bit about death in the tantric current and Powa:

http://deeper-down-the-rabbit-hole.com/2014/11/episode-130-crucible-panel-2014-role-dead-magic/

Thank you for this. 

This seems to answer the question from the particular angle which I was approaching the question from. 

Concerning the yang spirit,  This seems to be very similar to the practices in Taoist Yoga and Mantak Chias Books.  Are you familiar with the descriptons of this process in the complete reality texts? 

Concerning the Franz Bardon text:  I have read Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce.  He indicates that the silver cord is almost impossible to break in his experience.  I do not know if he  was aware of the text by Bardon.  Has anyone tried this experiment?

• Like 1

Thank you for this.

This seems to answer the question from the particular angle which I was approaching the question from.

Concerning the yang spirit, This seems to be very similar to the practices in Taoist Yoga and Mantak Chias Books. Are you familiar with the descriptons of this process in the complete reality texts?

Concerning the Franz Bardon text: I have read Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. He indicates that the silver cord is almost impossible to break in his experience. I do not know if he was aware of the text by Bardon. Has anyone tried this experiment?

Can't say I'm familiar with a many Buddhists texts. Not sure about Bardon or Bruce. Best of luck in your adventuring.

Edited by OldChi

The OP raises an interesting question about physical death.

The original human culture with its focus on spiritual training does mention that sometimes the master healers do die during the trance healing - and that the most dangerous spiritual experience is the spirit going into heaven, leaving the body - this is based on the astral rope.

The Crown Chakra Orgasm which I did experience is more of a yin qi energy experience whereas after the yang qi or yuan qi is activated then the top the skull does pulsate with electromagnetic energy and the fissures of the skull do open up again just as with a baby's soft spot. The original qigong master did say that indeed for some masters - you can stick something through the hole in the top of the skull.

As for death - well in spirit travel it is the qi energy that guides the shen - and so if the qi surrounding the shen is not strong enough this causes a spacetime vortex dizziness - experienced as the room spinning around you. So for Bardon to say that the death is caused by too much qi snapping off the spirit rope to the body - I suppose that is one possibility.

But I did accidentally pull an old lady's spirit out of the top of her skull and I felt this heavy electromagnetic blob when I did it and as soon as I felt that get pulled out of the top of her skull she immediately burst out bawling and she was bawling nonstop for at least 15 minutes. She never saw what I did as she was sitting down and was standing next to her - but my hand was over her head, never touching her. I forgot that the original qigong master taught to never pull energy blockages from out of the top of the center of the skull - and I didn't think my power was that strong.

Anyway the thing is that for the qigong masters they transcend death every day - and when I did pull that lady's spirit out of the top of her skull I had also just finished an 8 day fast on just a half glass of water the whole time whereby I too transcended death to a certain extent.

So for example the original qigong master said his heart stopped completely yet he walked around for 2 hours. So the physical body is dependent on the yuan qi and yuan shen which when unified can then power and transform and create other physical bodies when stored up, etc.

In other words at this stage of training your physical body in the end actually dissolves - as your real immortal body is the yuan shen-yuan qi body and in fact it is any yin qi impurities in the original physical body that then limit the immortal body from completing its final immortality.

So we could say in a sense that the final training relies on the final death of the physical body anyway - as for example the physical reproductive organs are completely returned into the body and no erection is possible - because all that jing energy has been used up to create the yuan qi-yuan shen body.

So the Tibetan monks would feel the body of a dead person to see what part got cold last - if the lower body was still warm that means the spirit left out of the lower body at death which means the person went to hell and if the upper body is still warm that means the person went to heaven.

What this means is - this can also be read through the heart-pineal gland information - a person's subconscious yuan qi intention is where their yuan qi-yuan shen is focused in their body and so even though their body is physically alive in fact their yuan qi-yuan shen is already in astral hell and so they are physically living in hell while also alive.

We have things turned around to think of the physical dimension as primary but it's more like the tip of the ice berg hiding the reality underneath.

Once the connection to immortality is made then there is always a connection to awareness via the heart that then reads the astral intentions of the physical dimension. For example I asked the qigong master if when a person died and their spirit went to heaven - did the spirit have to travel into outerspace? He said - no that in actuality heaven is right here just at a higher frequency. So even though we can physically travel out of our body - the reality in which we travel is actually holographic so that the spatial dimension is found within the dimension of the yuan qi-yuan shen energy of the higher frequency.

So for example Ramana Mahashi said after nine years of nirvikalpa samadhi then his physical body died but he maintained this awareness beyond the heart and then the right side of his heart had a shot of electricity that passed to the left side of the heart and it started back up again physically. Now in Taoist Yoga alchemy we know that the right side of the heart is the source of the yuan qi energy and the left side of the heart is the source of the yuan shen.

My understanding is that the Emptiness or formless awareness is actually this process of complementary opposites - so Ramana Maharshi said after that experience with each breath he took he transcended his own physical death and his awareness went beyond his heart - through this pinhole into the Self of the whole Universe (again holographically).

So Ramana Maharshi said that what happens with most spiritual masters is they get caught up in the astral realms due to the spiritual ego - so they lack sufficient Emptiness focus in their meditation to go beyond the ego or what mahayana buddhism calls the 7th level of consciousness - but in order to Empty out the energy of the universe, the 8th level of consciousness, then the whole body energy must also be emptied out.

So Mahayana Buddhism teaches that even for Ramana Maharshi when his physical body was so sick then it would stop his mind from being able to empty out his consciousness with the qi energy or prana - and so his consciousness as yuan shen would still sink back into ignorance.

I remember reading of masters in India who would just transfer their consciousness to another physical body in order to continue their training - a kind of spirit possession of another person I think.

We know that in Western medical science if the vagus nerve of the left side is over-activated from too much serotonin then this stops the heart - it goes to the right side of the heart - this would cause death but in meditation then there is conscious control of the vagus nerve energy - so that while the physical heart stops it can be restarted again since the mechanism that stopped the heart is actually this impersonal qi-shen energy of the Emptiness itself. So we know from science it is the electrons from food (i.e. glucose) that actually give the qi energy to the heart to keep in pumping - and so all the lower body serotonin is also from the glucose and as it is passed on from the parents to the youth's prime energy at puberty.

So it would seem that the physical death of the person meditating would be from a final union into the Emptiness itself instead of the spiritual ego causing the yuan qi to pull the spirit back into the body - from the intention of doing so. It is like a black hole changing into a white hole - the yuan shen manifests through the eyes via the heart but the yuan qi has to be strong enough to hold the yuan shen back, to build up the energy.

When we go into the Emptiness - we lose physical awareness just like deep sleep - but since we used our yuan qi to reverse the light, to turn it back to the source - then when the light re-emerges it has the answer to the question that we were searching for.

So I think as the original human culture says - there are battles with the spirits of the dead - some more powerful than others - and then there is Emptiness on a cosmic scale - and so it is only the Emptiness itself that guides the solution to the question - the death on a physical level can happen but in a sense meditation de facto is already transcending physical death by relying on an immortal foundation for the activity to take place at all.

If and when physical death happens then the ego needs to awaken to the fact that it was the Emptiness that caused the physical death and who the person really is actually is part of the Emptiness - and so not to be afraid of the Emptiness. As the qigong master says the biggest limitation on going into the Emptiness is lack of kidney energy (yuan qi) - and so the key here is to keep building up and storing more yuan qi in the lower tan tien so that the spirit has enough energy to be well-guided in life - physically and astrally.

The original human culture calls this the N/om energy in the belly - as the N/om is also the original energy of the universe symbolized by the snake aka the kundalini energy and it is this reptilian vagus nerve that controls the heart - on the right side.  So that is the reptilian "frozen with fear" reaction - for mammals it can actually cause physical death - it is a surge of serotonin energy from the lower body into the brain and then via the pineal gland into the left side vagus nerve to the right side of the heart.

You mention psychedelics - well with strong DMT-based plant medicine in full lotus - it shoots into the brain like a gun shot is heard and felt and the third eye is cracked open into the astral realm that is holographic and then a loud OHM sound emits from the heart. This is what Master Nan, Huai-chin calls the conversion of jing to chi for the opening of the 2nd chakra. It is just a taste of the potential because that plant medicine is still yin qi energy - it is electrochemical energy like the Crown Chakra Orgasm.

It's only after the yin qi energy is built up in the body is there enough qi energy to start having your spirit leave your body for astral travel which is an advanced level of training despite what the New Age community claims. The difference is that a drug or plant is still an external tool - it is not relying on the Emptiness itself as the source of the energy, despite the plant medicine being a teacher. That's why the females in the Amazon can not rely on the plant medicine instead using their jing energy through trance singing which then guides the spirit travel of the male shamans, just as the jing or N/om energy of the female Bushmen guides the spirit travel of the male shamans.

O.K. another example is taking the strong plant medicine - Salvia Divinorum - while in full lotus - the third eye qi energy is actually stronger than the electrochemical plant medicine. Salvia is considered the most potent psychotropic per dose and it very easily pulls a person's spirit out of their body - and so a lot of people only take it once. I know two people who have done tons of psychedelics but only took Salvia once since for both of them their spirits got pulled out of their body and into the floor as a lower astral realm. But for me the full lotus third eye electromagnetic qi was too strong and so my spirit got pulled only half way out of my body. So for a while I had two consciousness - one in my brain and the other half out of my body and I was aware of both at the same time.

The qigong masters can do this at will - do long distance healing while at the same time be aware of their direct physical body. This is just another level of Emptiness training. Like with the yogi who could levitate but as soon as he was aware he levitated then his body fell back to the floor - so he had to train his consciousness to maintain itself while going into the Emptiness deep enough to levitate his body. And so the similar training is done to transcend physical death also. I would say then that the Yuan Shen is the "eternal nature" as formless awareness - it is yin as the Emptiness or Boddhisattva - but it is only when unified with the Yuan Qi is there then a harmonizing of the spiritual ego with the Yuan Shen that can go beyond physical death if it is trained to a deep enough level of unity - beyond the heart stopping. I suppose there could be an imbalance of either Yuan Shen or Yuan Qi to cause physical death that could not then be restarted again. The harmonization would mean an ability to reverse the intention of the energy at that level of physicality.

Qigong master Yan Xin makes this point about intentionality - he says it is bidirectional - so that if you did something through meditation energy then you should be able to reverse it through reversing the direction of the qi energy. He gives the example of when a car broke down that he was in - and so he brought down energy from the power line above them into the car - to restart the car. He brought down too much energy and so the car started smoking - and so then he had to reverse his intention of bringing down the energy of the power line. Then the car was o.k. and running again. It would seem a lot of this has to do with timing.

For example the qigong master shared with me how a person had died - they were a long ways away - but even still he tried to bring her back but her spirit had already broken ties to the body - or at least he said it was too late to do so. Whereas he has also said it is much easier to heal people when they are asleep because then their mind doesn't get in the way of the healing - which indicates the mind as the person's qi intention reversing the healing he is doing. He said how he was healing a dog and the dog was very wise because the dog would leave her body - spirit travel out of her body - so that the qigong master could just focus on healing the dog's physical energy without her getting in the way. Then after she did permanently leave her body the spirit of the dog hung out with the qigong master for several days and they played together.

Yeah so I would say it is very possible to physically die and it's a matter of training not to do so - on the other hand the training itself is predicated on transcending physical death inherently. So we could say that the energy will always be transforming into even new physical forms - the energy itself can never die as it is immortal - but the physical form it takes will transform and whether into the good or not depends on the level of harmonization with the Yuan Qi source, as the intention of Yuan Shen Emptiness itself. This unification of Spirit-Vitality is stored and built up in the lower tan tien, the Cavity of Spirit-Vitality.

• Like 1

Concerning the Franz Bardon text:  I have read Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce.  He indicates that the silver cord is almost impossible to break in his experience.  I do not know if he  was aware of the text by Bardon.  Has anyone tried this experiment?

He references IIH in his book Energy Work, but he wrote that well after Astral Dynamics iirc, so it could be that he hadn't read it at the time.

I'm curious about how he would determine that the cord is "almost" impossible to break though - the "almost" implies that he has severed it (or come close to, or witnessed it), in which case he wouldn't be writing any books about the experience I would think :P I've been told by other sources the same thing that Bardon says - that during astral projection, or even certain deep meditative states where a portion of the energy body disconnects automatically, having your physical body disturbed can be very dangerous.

That said, I haven't read Astral Dynamics in completion but I have flicked through it, and going off my own (limited and spontaneous) experience as well as what I've read and been told, what he described in the segment of the text I did read sounded a lot more like mental projection (that is to say, projection of the mental body, but into the astral realm, not projection into the mental realm) than astral projection to me. But I may have simply read the wrong portion, or otherwise be mistaken. Again, I'm no expert.

IMO it comes down to the same problem as so many other questions about mysticism, we're trying to quantify and convey experiences which extend beyond the conventional reality which human language developed to explain. We're attempting to convey the ineffable with a tool which was put together so one cave man could communicate to the other cave man that the big stripey cats are dangerous but the red things dangling from the trees taste nice. We like to try and break things down and categorize them, but I don't think it's possible to do so fully once you move past a certain point into metaphysical subject matters.

What I'm getting at is that it's quite possible that there are techniques of projecting which make one vulnerable through the potential damage to an energetic lifeline, techniques where such a lifeline exists but is not vulnerable, techniques where no such lifeline exists, and plenty of other techniques with their own unique quirks and sets of risks. I think the best we can do when it comes to safety in these matters is follow the instructions attached to a specific set of techniques instead of assuming that they are universal, (ie. if you're using a method taught by someone and they say that your body shouldn't be touched while you're projecting, then double check that you locked the door), and only work with instruction from sources which you believe to be impeccably trustworthy.

And possibly invest in one of these:

atent-dead.jpg

Edited by Aeran

Yeah there was a turn of the early 20th c. white male yogi writer who took the name Ramachakra I think - he turned out a series of books on yoga that I came across - and he differentiated between "the astral tube" and "astral travel." But I know one remote viewer who stopped doing it since his success was so great he experienced too much energy intensity from his remote viewing - so it was more like astral travel for him. What Robert Bruce describes is very much the difference between "yin qi" remote viewing and yang or yuan qi as astral travel. I go into this in my pdf free book.

would say that
is more the etheric body than the astral body. Robert Bruce makes that distinction between
etheric body and astral body in his Astral Dynamics teachings
– the etheric body is
electrochemical mainly or life force energy – it’s a buzzing and heat sensation and also the
emotions while the astral body is mainly electromagnetic as shen or light energy.

yeah so Robert Bruce describes the dizziness sensation in his first OBE Astral Travel experience. As I stated - that is explained in chapter 11 of the Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality book - I had that dizziness spacetime vortex experience also - it means that the yin shen spirit has not been surrounded by enough yuan qi energy in the lower tan tien. And also as I mention in my book - for the original human culture where this training comes from - the advanced healer needs his body protected from dead spirits while he himself is doing astral travel. So that does corroborate that it's important for the body to be in a safe environment.

He references IIH in his book Energy Work, but he wrote that well after Astral Dynamics iirc, so it could be that he hadn't read it at the time.

I'm curious about how he would determine that the cord is "almost" impossible to break though - the "almost" implies that he has severed it (or come close to, or witnessed it), in which case he wouldn't be writing any books about the experience I would think :P I've been told by other sources the same thing that Bardon says - that during astral projection, or even certain deep meditative states where a portion of the energy body disconnects automatically, having your physical body disturbed can be very dangerous.

That said, I haven't read Astral Dynamics in completion but I have flicked through it, and going off my own (limited and spontaneous) experience as well as what I've read and been told, what he described in the segment of the text I did read sounded a lot more like mental projection (that is to say, projection of the mental body, but into the astral realm, not projection into the mental realm) than astral projection to me. But I may have simply read the wrong portion, or otherwise be mistaken. Again, I'm no expert.

IMO it comes down to the same problem as so many other questions about mysticism, we're trying to quantify and convey experiences which extend beyond the conventional reality which human language developed to explain. We're attempting to convey the ineffable with a tool which was put together so one cave man could communicate to the other cave man that the big stripey cats are dangerous but the red things dangling from the trees taste nice. We like to try and break things down and categorize them, but I don't think it's possible to do so fully once you move past a certain point into metaphysical subject matters.

What I'm getting at is that it's quite possible that there are techniques of projecting which make one vulnerable through the potential damage to an energetic lifeline, techniques where such a lifeline exists but is not vulnerable, techniques where no such lifeline exists, and plenty of other techniques with their own unique quirks and sets of risks. I think the best we can do when it comes to safety in these matters is follow the instructions attached to a specific set of techniques instead of assuming that they are universal, (ie. if you're using a method taught by someone and they say that your body shouldn't be touched while you're projecting, then double check that you locked the door), and only work with instruction from sources which you believe to be impeccably trustworthy.

And possibly invest in one of these:

atent-dead.jpg