Sign in to follow this  
Bum Grasshopper

Use of crystals in cultivation

I have not seen any mention in any of the Taoist texts of the use of crystals.

It is scientific fact that they store subtle energy and vibrate at very specific frequencies. I find them fascinating and have been drawn towards them my whole life. Of course, they have been exploited to have magical powers.

I wonder which claims have merit.

I look at a crystal and see the the wonderful workings of the Tao. They grow to exact form by some mysterious intelligence. A true natural beuaty.

i think the mineral content of the mountains has a lot to do with the levels that cultivators can achieve in those mountains. natural healers in natural indigenous regions tend to live in mineral-rich environments. i find that to be true in africa and south america, anyway. there are other positive environmental influences as well, for sure, but that's a big one.

strip mining is a sin.

I have no idea if it is true or not but when I was in Sedona a few years ago this guy was telling me all those huge Red Rock formations are just rock on the outside..within they are all giant crystals.

He was also talking about how the energy in Sedona has a direct connection with Egypt..and I heard other stuff about it related to ancient legendary cultures(Atlantis and Lemuria) where they had this high knowledge of how to interface and use crystals and energy and stuff.

Again..no idea if this is the truth just what I was told..would be interested to meditate in Sedona now that I have learned Kunlun and see what....is....up......

I have no idea if it is true or not but when I was in Sedona a few years ago this guy was telling me all those huge Red Rock formations are just rock on the outside..within they are all giant crystals.

OK, I majored in Physical Geography (earth science) and took geomorphology. I have either lived in Sedona or visited my parents still living in Sedona since 1966. My job takes me over Sedona and Northern Arizona several times a year in a small single engine airplane. Crystals come from metamorphic rock. The red rock formations of Sedona are sedementary layers. The same layers that are found throughout the entire Colorado Plateau. Around Flagstaff and along the Mogollon Rim the sandstone and limestone layers are capped with basalt from the volcanic activity that formed the San Francisco Peaks. When you fly over the area, the basic geomorphology of the region is very clear. I'm positive that the guy doesn't have a clue.

OK, I majored in Physical Geography (earth science) and took geomorphology. I have either lived in Sedona or visited my parents still living in Sedona since 1966. My job takes me over Sedona and Northern Arizona several times a year in a small single engine airplane. Crystals come from metamorphic rock. The red rock formations of Sedona are sedementary layers. The same layers that are found throughout the entire Colorado Plateau. Around Flagstaff and along the Mogollon Rim the sandstone and limestone layers are capped with basalt from the volcanic activity that formed the San Francisco Peaks. When you fly over the area, the basic geomorphology of the region is very clear. I'm positive that the guy doesn't have a clue.

i don't know if that's fair, eric.

he might not have the answer, but he seems to AT LEAST have a clue.

he just went all the wrong places with it. ;)

Its awful when a good conversation is stopped in its tracks by someone who actually knows the facts B):lol:

Michael

Its awful when a good conversation is stopped in its tracks by someone who actually knows the facts B):lol:

Michael

really???

i'd say the conversation's just getting started.

*waits desperately for others to post*

seriously, though. the fact is that the content of mineral/crystal deposits in sedona and similar places is very high. humungous crystals covered by sedimentary layers may not be categorically true, but it could be the case in some areas, with climate change accounting for the sedimentary covering.

plus, sedimentary rock can be derived from both igneous formations and metamorphic formations, if i remember my 8th grade class accurately.

wasn't the first radios run w/ crystals?

Yes they were. The most accurate time pieces still use them.

Seems that something that can tune in radio frequencies and keep time within a billionth of a second could have some metaphysical uses also.

Some dude I know..who incidently grew up in India and studied Kundalini Yoga since he was a kid, told me Crystals are the medium to communicate into the different planes. That they reach from our world to the next..or some such new age quackery..

Will look into this rubbish more deeply tomorrow..as I plan on doing Kunlun in all 4 major vortexes in Sedona..

This wll be followed by a delicious BBQ chicken and beans lunch.

I purchased some inexpensive Onyx rocks because Yoda and Witch? said they work well at night to uncharge you. If I remembered where I put them, now would be a good time to try them out <sighs>

I have a nice guided meditation from Bliss Trips. Its their Earthen CD. A 30 minute walk through a magical forrest. First a stop at a sacred hot tub, then throwing cares away at a river, under sacred tree next, then into a cave.

The cave is lined w/ crystals and minerals. She explains the traditional healing powers of a few. You pick out the ones you want and go to an alcove in the cave to arrange your rocks and meditate. Afterwards you go to a garden pond where you find a penny, make a wish and throw it in.

When the guided meditation works, its a great trip. The cave experience is particularly interesting and shamanic.

Michael

i have found crystals and felt wind emanate from the tip, like the windy feeling i have on my crown from time to time esp during medit. but the only stone i use is amethyst.

Lasers can be made with crystals. Crystals can diverge or bundle light or energy.

It is said that the piramids in egypt contained dropletlike cystals aswel as talk about piramids in south america being mentioned with crystallike skulls. Alot is been said ffcourse.

I know people that do energyhealing, there system makes use of diffrent crystals.

I saw some wands in a small spiritual bookshop, meant for the use in wicca or druid rituals i think, on top was a crystal.

I have several ancient keris, they all contain part of a meteorite, wich is very proficient at holding yinlike energy. I can testify this is true .. if you dont believe so then walk around in my house at around midnight (if you dare lol).

Im intrested also in wich crystals can help with cultivation of energy :)

Rain wich kind of crystals is the one you found where wind seemed to be comming out ? intresting !

Edited by minkus

"I can rejoice over this perfection and bear witness to it with a clear conscience, for it was not I who invented it or even discovered it. The laws of mathematics are not merely human inventions or creations. Long before there were men on this globe, all the crystals grew within the earth's crust. Then came a day when, for the very first time, a human being perceived one of these glittering fragments of regularity; or maybe he struck against it with his stone ax; it broke away and fell at his feet; then he picked it up and gazed at it lying there in his open hand. And he marveled. There is something breathtaking about the basic laws of crystals. They are in no sense a discovery of the human mind; they simply are; they exist quite independently of us. The most that any man can do is to become aware, in a moment of clarity, that they are there, and take cognizance of them."

-- M.C. Escher

Rain wich kind of crystals is the one you found where wind seemed to be comming out ? intresting !

we call it berg-crystal

i dont know your name for it

see picture

http://www.ninashop.no/contents/media/slip...kry-staende.jpg

Thanx, very intresting :) did you keep the stone ? seems like it had some nice energy inside :)

You said you use amethyst (lovely color they have) sometimes, for wich purpose you use it ?

My native language is dutch, we call em bergkristal also :)

Affenbrot, i checked the website about the naica caves .. darn nice .. nature is impressive !

Regards, Minkus

Whoa, I wanna go to those caves, that looks sweet. That M.C. Escher quote is awesome too. I didn't know crystals were used to power radios and time pieces! I wonder how that works...

Whoa, I wanna go to those caves, that looks sweet. That M.C. Escher quote is awesome too. I didn't know crystals were used to power radios and time pieces! I wonder how that works...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_radio

The crystals don't actually power the radio, they merely change it from electrical energy to sound waves.

imho crystals may have some valid use for transforming energy and chi we cannot use into forms which we can, but I don't think they actually work like batteries for chi, or other such energy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_radio

The crystals don't actually power the radio, they merely change it from electrical energy to sound waves.

imho crystals may have some valid use for transforming energy and chi we cannot use into forms which we can, but I don't think they actually work like batteries for chi, or other such energy.

hmm.

a perpetual energy converter would be AT LEAST in the same ballpark as a battery, wouldn't it?

Sign in to follow this