Geof Nanto

ONE MIND: A new 'Zen' documentary from China

There's a new film from Edward Burger (maker of Amongst White Clouds) seeking funding for final post production work. It's an intimate portrait of life inside one of China's most respected & austere Zen monastic communities.

http://igg.me/at/onemindpost

"This is the most challenging film I've made to date, by a long shot. From the first time I traveled to Zhenru Monastery to collect footage, I knew that I wanted ONE MIND to be a different kind of film.  As much as possible, I wanted the audience to feel what it is like to live and practice in this community—to witness the wonder of centuries-old discipline and ritual, and to drink tea with some of China’s most serious and dedicated meditators. Therefore I chose to make ONE MIND a markedly quiet film, rich with the sounds of natural landscape, and spacious with a sparse use of dialogue and narrative.  The audience is challenged to engage with both the beauty and struggle of the monks’ daily lives through a quiet presence with this cinematic experience."  

11425159_658113527623799_795652480579140

• Like 4

For those interested who haven't seen it, here is the link to Edward Burger's earlier film, Amongst White Clouds.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FumyvVOVbaY

• Like 2