Oneironaut

About the micro & macrocosmic orbit...

The path is potentially open but not active until you meditate on them.  Before, you don't even know if they are there.  If you meditate and complete the MCO enough, it would circulate itself even in your sleep.  :) 

• Like 2

Yes, one's MCO can potentially close back up once opened.

Also, one's MCO can open without having worked specifically on it. One day, it just opens up on its own accord. :)

Very true

Admin: Fixed quotes

• Like 2

Once they are opened are they opened permanently? Or can they close back up?

I would say not only is it possible to "close" the flow after having succeeded in "opening" it, it's in fact a rare practitioner who maintains the open state for the rest of his/her life, or even for an impressively extended period of time.

Óne of the little trapdoors most of us fall through is the "nothing special" phase (I think Ken Cohen refers to it as the Big Potato?). You arrive at the point where you just feel normal, all the wondrous sensations stop, and life is just ... there.

The tricky thing is, that's the state we search for the whole time, but when it arrives, we don't acknolwledge it, or it's underwhelming. And then ... we stop our practice because we're not geting the same feedback we were getting previously. And then ... the old habits begin to appear again, slowly but surely.

• Like 8

I would say not only is it possible to "close" the flow after having succeeded in "opening" it, it's in fact a rare practitioner who maintains the open state for the rest of his/her life, or even for an impressively extended period of time.

Óne of the little trapdoors most of us fall through is the "nothing special" phase (I think Ken Cohen refers to it as the Big Potato?). You arrive at the point where you just feel normal, all the wondrous sensations stop, and life is just ... there.

The tricky thing is, that's the state we search for the whole time, but when it arrives, we don't acknolwledge it, or it's underwhelming. And then ... we stop our practice because we're not geting the same feedback we were getting previously. And then ... the old habits begin to appear again, slowly but surely.

This is a very fine point and very true.

Additionally - while one does not wish to harp on ones newly arisen abilities / expansions - they do quickly assimilate and become somewhat like "more blood" running through our veins. We don't consistently pay attention to our blood but on the occasion that it leaks from us we then take notice.

For most of us in our quest to arrive-in and establish our positions, we look past our true wealth and continue to subordinate our bodies and the humanness that was born Of this world (not Into this world).

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

So in order to keep the orbit open are you supposed to do MCO meditations every single day? Or would using it often be sufficient?

I don't think it's refined if you can feel it as a line. I can't get it all the way but for me the parts that I can do just feel like an opening of relaxation. This is important because if you feel a line then it could just be a line of tension.

I think it's easy to look for a line and unwittingly end up creating tension. The thing is that this way you think you've got something, and when you dissolve the tension you think you've lost it. This is why I like using martial arts to test it out. When you think you're not doing it and you flick people across the room like rag dolls then you surely have something.

So in order to keep the orbit open are you supposed to do MCO meditations every single day? Or would using it often be sufficient?

It is more a case of having reached regular movement - at a certain point it is always moving - one can focus very lightly and feel it.

It is more apt to stay open/ on/ moving/ rotating/ energized and once it is strong enough to recognize it and assuming you are practicing non-dissipation of energy then the awareness of it remains constant or accessible.

Another way of looking at your question is : don't grasp at it - no need to - no utility in doing so.

What is interesting is that "using it" is not necessary - one can have a very pronounced MCO and not "use it" so to speak.

Edited by Spotless