Sign in to follow this  
Oneironaut

Can the inner smile meditation and 6 healing sounds be combined into a single meditation session?

Out of curiosity, can the inner smile meditation and 6 healing sounds be combined together to form a single and effective meditation session?

Also, to anyone who practices the six healing sounds and inner smile: How long do your sessions last?

Y'know... for someone rocking the name Oneironaut, you sure strike me as asking a silly question!

I'll just drop this here on the margin of relevance it has:

Omniversality revolves around the omnitude of infinite eternity...  "everything goes" or "all combined" style action, breath, fighting, meditating, etc.

give that a few dreams for me, will ya? ;)

I'm still sort of new to this stuff man. You or anyone else on here shouldn't have to be a dick to the newcomers.

So yeah... quit trolling and stop being a dick.

Edited by Oneironaut
  • Like 3

im not even going to lie and apologize. i respect ppl too much to do that...

But the thing is...   Your name has a heavy level of meaning behind it alone. 
i would have to assume you actually know what name you are rocking if you are rocking THAT particular name!

i find it hard to believe i was being that outrageously disrespectful by relating to your name and even dropping some related tips regarding your question!!

Yeah, i find it silly that you betray the definition of your name by asking that question.  and yeah, i did make that clear, but i fail to recognize where you see "trolling"?   never meant to offend anyone, but im having a difficult time finding the offensive content.

Didn't Michael Winn have a qi gong form that involved the 4 directions as well as the healing sounds?  I know he has a video of 5 animal frolics that includes sounds (I think), but I also thought he had a single qi gong sequence which linked sound to direction. 

Anyone more knowledgeable about Healing Dao here know?

Hi Oneironaut,

Yes, not only can they be combined but I´d say that´s how they work best.  The way I learned was to take at least a few moments after each sound to smile to the associated organ/ organ system.  I´m not sure what the party line is on how long to do them, but I think there´s wide latitude for experimentation.  The inner smile, in particular, is a beginning level practice (though it morphs into an advanced practice), and it´s hard to mess yourself up very much sending your organs love and acceptance.  I would say to do it as long as you like.  Experiment and see what works for you.

Liminal

• Like 2

Yes for sure you can. In the HT system it has been traditionally taught to practice the six healing sounds, inner smile, and MCO all in one sitting. However you can combine the practices depending on your needs or practice them separately.   

Time wise depends on your level of concentration and how much time you have to practice. If you practice the traditional method of 3, 6, or 9 times it will take 10 - 20 mins...again depending on your concentration level.

im not even going to lie and apologize. i respect ppl too much to do that...

But the thing is...   Your name has a heavy level of meaning behind it alone. 

i would have to assume you actually know what name you are rocking if you are rocking THAT particular name!

i find it hard to believe i was being that outrageously disrespectful by relating to your name and even dropping some related tips regarding your question!!

Yeah, i find it silly that you betray the definition of your name by asking that question.  and yeah, i did make that clear, but i fail to recognize where you see "trolling"?   never meant to offend anyone, but im having a difficult time finding the offensive content.

You came off as snide and full of sarcasm (like a few other posters on here but fortunately most people here are actually pretty chill, laid back and very knowledgable) and I called you out for it. Assuming that wasn't your intention then I guess I'll have to be the one to come out and apologize to you. 

As far as the name goes I chose it because I been a practicing lucid dreamer for the past few years and it's opened me up to so many different things so it's a more fitting name. Am I proficient at it? Somewhat, when I put in the effort. I do plan on getting to the point where I can achieve "mastery" of my dream worlds by inducing lucid dreams whenever I wish.

From my personal experiences I honestly don't think the methods proposed by Stephen LaBerge (the guy who coined the term behind my name) offers any techniques that are practical and make you into a truly skilled lucid dreamer. Besides that Laberge guy is stuck in a spiritual strait jacket built by his own illogicalities and large ego. There really is nothing "heavily meaningful" behind the name I use here and I personally find it to be more casual. You're making it seem like I'm a self proclaimed Tibetan rinponche or Taoist immortal and at this point in time I'm clearly neither. Now those names are the real deal and I never claimed to be either one of them. 

Again, I apologize for misjudging and I'll look into your post again. Thanks.

Didn't Michael Winn have a qi gong form that involved the 4 directions as well as the healing sounds?  I know he has a video of 5 animal frolics that includes sounds (I think), but I also thought he had a single qi gong sequence which linked sound to direction. 

Anyone more knowledgeable about Healing Dao here know?

Yes Michael mixes his healing sounds with animal frolic movements. I'm personally not a very big fan of it but I'm sure there are folks out there who benefit from it. Some people like to mix in their healing sounds with baduanjin.

My thinking as far as exercises go is to separate them. Practice the inner smile as much as you can. This is a direct connection to expanding the heart energy. Then while practicing the healing sounds, keep this inner smile energy constant throughout the exercise. Eventually, this inner smile will grow bigger then the exercise and follow you wherever you go. And of course, the vibration from the sounds will resonate throughout your organs and expand on their own. Like riding a bike, once you get it you just enjoy the ride.

After practicing martial arts for many years, the inner smile had the most profound effect on everything and I continue to let it expand. With my beautiful wife and four kids, I could not imagine to be happier. Yet, it grows everyday and instead of having bad days, I have good days and better days and incredible days.

• Like 3

I combine techniques a lot in meditation.  Often I start with alternative nostril breathing to clear my nose and lungs out and balance out the left and right sides of my body.  Then I like to do more "active" meditation which might be some simple arm movements coordinated with breathing, mantras, healing sounds, whatever.  Followed by a "passive" meditation which is usually zen-style or the microcosmic orbit.  Try different stuff and see what works best.  A lot of people do better from not combining techniques in the same sitting, and that is fine.

• Like 2

Sounds purge; smile (with colors) tonify...  They naturally combine.    

Out with the bad; In with the good :)

• Like 3

Thanks for the help everyone. I have one more question to ask on this topic. 

The inner smile requires that you keep your tongue on the palate. Is it okay to release the tongue in order to do the healing sound or would releasing the tongue "mess up" the energy flow and the make the meditation useless?

Yes, release the tongue to do the healing sounds. While performing the healing sound, your're not carrying out MCO, so you're ok there.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this