Sign in to follow this  
RookieIAm

Form and Chi Movement

1. My first question is whether one's form/position matters when meditating?  eg. sitting, standing, walking, lotus position.  And if so, how does it affect your body when meditating or doing qigong?

2.  How does one smile at one's organs,"breathe" directly into one's organs to fill them with chi?  Is one in a state of meditation when doing this? How does one know if said organ in filled with chi?

How does one breathe into specific parts of their body?

Edit:

3.  What breathing mechanisms would you recommend for building up chi or just energy work in general.  eg reverse breathing,

Edited by RookieIAm

1) Depends what you're doing and what your aim is. People meditate for all sorts of reasons. Some styles of seated meditation forget about the body, but you still have to live with your body so I'm not sold on this. Some sit in full lotus because they can sit for longer.

2) It's an intent thing. You don't really have to think about it too hard. It just happens but it takes a long time to have the sensitivity to feel that it's happening.

3) Forget about doing anything special at first. A relaxed, even, natural breath is a better starting point because it builds stability. I like Bruce Frantzis' Longevity Breathing.

• Like 1

1. Yes, it matters. Sitting will cut off some major meridians in the legs and depends on how you sit. Movement will make things flow in specific pathways.

2. At first just try, don't expect much in the initial stages and eventually you'll be able to feel and communicate with them. Patience is important. I think of it kinda like knocking on the door of someone who is sleeping, they'll eventually get up and answer.

3. I'd recommend you leave Reverse Breathing alone at first. Once you can breathe into your pelvic basin well and have "balanced" your core then Reverse Breathing is effective without causing further imbalances.

• Like 1

2.  How does one smile at one's organs,"breathe" directly into one's organs to fill them with chi?  Is one in a state of meditation when doing this? How does one know if said organ in filled with chi?

How does one breathe into specific parts of their body?

Close your eyes, relax. Look (mentally/internally) down to the target organ and smile to it. The smiling can be a real smile on your face. I call then the organs name (e.g. "Hey, liver, listen..." -in a friendly way). Tell the organ "I love you". "Everything is all right". Feel the organ relaxing and fell it becoming happy. Sometimes this is enough to feel it becoming warm. Feel Chi energy flowing down from your head (provided that you collected it there before) to the target organ. Feel the organ getting warm.

If you can feel it getting warmer then you know Chi has flown into it.

Yes. You are in some kind of trance. Noise will "hurt" you far more intense than normal - that's a sign of being in a trance/meditative state.

This is basically the "Inner Smile" from Mantak Chia and it works for me.

Breathing into Organ: Relax. Smile to the organ. Breathe in and feel that this vacuum, causig the air flowing in, is caused by the target organ. Feel and visualize the organ expanding while breathing in. To amplify this impression put your hands on the region of the organ and feel the movement.

• Like 1

Say i meditate around 30 minutes every day, how long would you expect for me to be able feel it happening

Remove expectation - each person is different. If you're doing it properly it can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months.

Close your eyes, relax. Look (mentally/internally) down to the target organ and smile to it. The smiling can be a real smile on your face. I call then the organs name (e.g. "Hey, liver, listen..." -in a friendly way). Tell the organ "I love you". "Everything is all right". Feel the organ relaxing and fell it becoming happy. Sometimes this is enough to feel it becoming warm. Feel Chi energy flowing down from your head (provided that you collected it there before) to the target organ. Feel the organ getting warm.

If you can feel it getting warmer then you know Chi has flown into it.

Yes. You are in some kind of trance. Noise will "hurt" you far more intense than normal - that's a sign of being in a trance/meditative state.

This is basically the "Inner Smile" from Mantak Chia and it works for me.

Breathing into Organ: Relax. Smile to the organ. Breathe in and feel that this vacuum, causig the air flowing in, is caused by the target organ. Feel and visualize the organ expanding while breathing in. To amplify this impression put your hands on the region of the organ and feel the movement.

How would i know when i have collected enough energy at my head, sometimes i feel immense pressure at the area in between my brow and sometimes not so much

Since Master Chia's name was mentioned, I would recommend this book by him, "Awaken Healing Energy Through the Tao."  He teaches you how to complete the microcosmic orbit (is the pathway in which chi moves internally inside your body).  How long?  Don't expect quick results.  It may take years or more.  It depends on how pure your mind is and your intention.  And how pure and healthy your body is (if you do drugs and abuse your body, it may take longer).  You are already ahead of the path if your mind and your intention have always been good and pure, and you don't do drugs and abuse your body. 

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 1

How would i know when i have collected enough energy at my head, sometimes i feel immense pressure at the area in between my brow and sometimes not so much

If you can feel it, then it is enough. I think this is precise enough for the beginning.

And, yes, as ChiForce said, it's necessary to to open the Microcosmic Orbit first. That helps avoiding the energy stucking in the head, which can give nasty headaches. I am a 48yr old 'Fart' and did it in three months :) , so feel encouraged to do it, too.Work yourself through the mentioned book. That will give you a solid foundation to develop further.

Edited by Rocco

Sign in to follow this